Options

Craig has been forgotten in the jungle

Felt so sorry for Craig losing his brother. Hope he is coping. He was my favourite to win.

Since he came out of the jungle, I have not heard anyone in the jungle mentioning him, as if he was never there.

Comments

• Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R I P craig's bro I really wanted Craig to win he was funny him and Nadia were my favs so Now Jimmy has taken over from Craig as my 2nd favourite Nadia all the way
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    To be fair - he hadn't actually been with the main group that long - I guess it's easy enough for them to forget him.

I also suppose that it'd be a bit insensitive under the circumstances to see them discussing him (if they actually have).
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cal4751 wrote: »
    Felt so sorry for Craig losing his brother. Hope he is coping. He was my favourite to win.

Since he came out of the jungle, I have not heard anyone in the jungle mentioning him, as if he was never there.

To be fair he was only there for 2 minutes..

I hope he gets a second chance one day, maybe next series to go back in the jungle?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should have a red dwarf night in remembrance, it would be more entertaining watching them watch that than Jimmy and Jake hiding stuff and Michael looking bored out of his mind :p
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair - he hadn't actually been with the main group that long - I guess it's easy enough for them to forget him.

I also suppose that it'd be a bit insensitive under the circumstances to see them discussing him (if they actually have).

Yes I know he was not in there for long, but he has been on all our screens, and still is on Corrie, and his music and DJ work.

Regarding discussing him, I too would think that would be insensitive. I was meaning just a couple of words, like Craig we are missing you. Or what a great funny guy.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You only see about 12 minutes of actual footage from the camp every day, how do you know what they talk about for 15 hours a day?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They would have mentioned him on the live feed that viewers are not allowed to view.
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I know he was not in there for long, but he has been on all our screens, and still is on Corrie, and his music and DJ work.

Regarding discussing him, I too would think that would be insensitive. I was meaning just a couple of words, like Craig we are missing you. Or what a great funny guy.

I agree. It would just be a nice gesture, I think.
    Ant and Dec could've just said a few words along the lines of 'all the campmates send their condolences' with a quick message from them?

I think he had a rough deal in there, and would've really livened them all up had he been able to stay.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    ennui 57 wrote: »
    I agree. It would just be a nice gesture, I think.
    Ant and Dec could've just said a few words along the lines of 'all the campmates send their condolences' with a quick message from them?

I think he had a rough deal in there, and would've really livened them all up had he been able to stay.

I think the programme in general have gone out of their way to not mention him - they did the same with Brian Conolly when he left through illness.

I don't think it's necessary for anyone to say 'the camp mates send their condolences' or that 'they are all missing him'.

He had to leave through very unfortunate circumstances - it is far more resprctful IMO to not mention him than to say empty platitudes. I'm sure the camp mates and crew have all let Craig know that they're sorry for him. I don't think it should be up for public consumption.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the programme in general have gone out of their way to not mention him - they did the same with Brian Conolly when he left through illness.

I don't think it's necessary for anyone to say 'the camp mates send their condolences' or that 'they are all missing him'.

He had to leave through very unfortunate circumstances - it is far more resprctful IMO to not mention him than to say empty platitudes. I'm sure the camp mates and crew have all let Craig know that they're sorry for him. I don't think it should be up for public consumption.

I agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is always a little awkward when a contestant on a light-hearted programme suffers a bereavement and has to leave. I thought Ant and Dec handled it well, being sober and respectful when they discussed it, then letting the topic go. I am sure the others have discussed him a lot: he was a huge part of Nadia's experience, and she will have wanted to tell the others everything that went on before they were together. But IAC almost never broadcasts what you might call 'normal conversations': the bread and butter conversations about friends and family that must fill most of their waking hours.

I assume that rtv shows have a protocol for what they would do if a contestant was badly injured; Big Brother had a housemate break her leg, but her injury was not terribly severe. Presumably if she had broken her back, say, they might have called the whole thing off, as BB Serbia did when (this is a horrible thing) three evictees were killed in a car crash.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do realise how editing works yes OP?