EE - Would Thomas Law come back as Peter Beale?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
Forum Member
✭✭
To be honest it's either Tom Law or Ben Hardy, another recast won't look right, we had to get used to Ben Hardy, it took me a couple of Eps to get used to him, but I would love Thomas Law to return,

He wasnt perfect, but neither was Ben Hardy, but they both played the character well and left there own mark on it,

Tom's Peter, saw childhood/Teen Lucy, and Ben's Peter saw Adult Lucy.

We need Beale's, and he definitely should not be written out, now that Jane and Bobby will be back soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2UOy4imtAc

Comments

• Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I really liked Thomas as Peter. I think he's in a band now though, isn't he? And he turned down a return last year. :(

Agree another recast would feel too much at the moment.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id love thomas law back he is a better actor then ben and in my opinion much better looking
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Didn't he turn down a return last year?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really rate either of them as particularly great actors but I wouldn't be against it.

Thomas Law always looked really young but seeing him in that World's End film he seems to have grown up a lot.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't get rid of Peter Beale when he have Jane back, seems as though when ever the family is back together, theres always one that ruins it. :D

Another recast would be bad, I say ask Thomas Law to come back.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Ben Hardy is the best Peter, imo. I don't think Law could have pulled off the Lucy Beale story
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Aw I liked Thomas Law as Peter, his eyebrows always seemed to have a life of their own!
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Thomas to return to play Peter. :)
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how I'd feel about that on one hand, it would feel like a bit of a step back seeing as how Ben Hardy not only looks older than Thomas Law, but I think is also a bit older in real life. Then again Peter Beale, despite being a fairly well known character who has been around for a number of years (albeit played by different actors), isn't a huge name in EE history like his dad or great aunt. So bringing him back to play Peter may work, unless Ben Hardy agrees.

Why did Thomas Law get written out? Did he quit or was he axed like Melissa Suffield (previous Lucy actress) and Madeline Duggan (the original Lauren Branning)?
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Thomas is wrapped up in his music career now. I don't think there's much reason for Peter to return with a new face.
  • CheshirecheeseCheshirecheese Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love thomas law back he is a better actor then ben and in my opinion much better looking

Thomas Law is touring in Beautifil Things with Charlie Brooks