Black Sabbath at Number 1 !

Comments

• ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really Sabbath have a huge influence on heavy rock that followed lots of people i know have tickets to see sabbath at the 02 later in the year were not even born when they originally split,in the late 70s after "Never say Die";)

Agreed, I'm 23 and going to see them in Belfast in December. Good music is timeless!
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Well done to the lads

And also to Quo for another top 10 album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't Black Sabbath, even without the mumbling oaf of a mocker Ozzie Osbourne and his chief groupie Sharon, the Spice Girls of their day ?
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    DariaM wrote: »
    Weren't Black Sabbath, even without the mumbling oaf of a mocker Ozzie Osbourne and his chief groupie Sharon, the Spice Girls of their day ?

Erm, let me think about that for a nanosecond.

no.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the award for most ridiculous comment today goes to .....:rolleyes:
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps you should learn to spell his name properly "Ozzy" as it is.:D
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So It's Sabbath you grace with that comment today, Yesterday it was The Who. The Stones Tommorow I suppose:rolleyes:
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good album, great to see them at number uno.
    Forum Member
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gordon Bennett. This comment was lousy when you used it about The Who, and now it is even worse.
    Forum Member
    Gordon Bennett. This comment was lousy when you used it about The Who, and now it is even worse.

I know! Ridiculous, isn't it? Everyone knows it was actually Deep Purple. :D

*legs it, sharpish* :eek:
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a staggeringly ridiculous comment to make.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I know! Ridiculous, isn't it? Everyone knows it was actually Deep Purple. :D

*legs it, sharpish* :eek:

Hey, just you be careful. Good job I know you're joking. :D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    Is the album any good?

I enjoyed it.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not usually a Sabbath fan, but it is a good album.
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the fathers of metal. So glad you are at the top, lets hope you stay there and keep the dross away. Long live Ozzy, Tony and Geezer
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speigel wrote: »
    Welcome back to the fathers of metal. So glad you are at the top, lets hope you stay there and keep the dross away. Long live Ozzy, Tony and Geezer

Can i also add a special thank you also to Ronnie James Dio who kept Black Sabbath afloat for many years before his untimely death.:(:(
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queens of the Stone Age number 2 last week, Black Sabbath Number 1 this week, I almost feel 'With it' :D
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just bagged the US number one album slot, selling almost three times as much as the number 2.!
    http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a comeback.

Just got tickets to see them for the first time since 1974. :)
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Great album, but Iron Maiden in my eyes have surpassed Sabbath.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Great album, but Iron Maiden in my eyes have surpassed Sabbath.

Iron Maiden's discography has a much higher level of consistency than Sabbath's, but I don't think they ever released an album as influential as 'Black Sabbath' or as good as 'Paranoid'.

Still easily two of the most important bands to ever come out of Britain though.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Troll fail.

Anyway, Iommi is way hotter than any spice girl. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Troll fail.

Anyway, Iommi is way hotter than any spice girl. :cool:

Actually, Ozzy's looking surprisingly attractive in the video for The End Of The Beginning :eek: :)
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Love Black Sabbath and nice to see them at number 1 but it's not one of their best albums, nothing memorable.