Snickers More Nuts and More Caramel bars

Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone tried the "More Nuts" and "More Caramel" types of Snickers bars?

I quite like both to be honest, there is not much more nuts and caramel in them but it is noticaeble and quite nice. Shame they are only limited edition.

What does everyone else think of them?

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Peanut Butter Snickers is what you really want.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I don't think they're all that great myself.
    On the side of the packet it says 10% more nuts which at a guess may work out at roughly 1 or 1 and a half extra nuts max.
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I don't think they're all that great myself.
    On the side of the packet it says 10% more nuts which at a guess may work out at roughly 1 or 1 and a half extra nuts max.

I thought that to be honest, but you really can taste a difference. I don't know how 1.5 extra nuts can do that.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I like them both. :)
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Hard choice to make for me. Solution buy one of each, heat them very slightly and sandwich them together and that way you get more nuts and more caramel. :D:o
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried the more caramel one and ok its tastes good but you may want to be near a microwave or have a hammer handy when you want to eat it unless you have really really strong teeth.

They are like bricks to try and eat the caramel is really solid. I tried the first one (had a 4 pack) and thought maybe it was just because it had just come from the shop and the shop had been freezing so left them in a warmish place second one was the same so the last 2 I chucked in the microwave on a plate for 10-15 secs 15 secs was just making the chocolate go a bit gooey but tasted good.

Taste wise fab texture wise not so great. I now want Peanut Butter anything never mind just Snickers.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    I've tried the more caramel one and ok its tastes good but you may want to be near a microwave or have a hammer handy when you want to eat it unless you have really really strong teeth.

They are like bricks to try and eat the caramel is really solid. I tried the first one (had a 4 pack) and thought maybe it was just because it had just come from the shop and the shop had been freezing so left them in a warmish place second one was the same so the last 2 I chucked in the microwave on a plate for 10-15 secs 15 secs was just making the chocolate go a bit gooey but tasted good.

Taste wise fab texture wise not so great. I now want Peanut Butter anything never mind just Snickers.
    Have you tried a bar of Reese's peanut butter nutrageous or Reese's peanut buttercups? I think the nutrageous bar is delicious - the buttercups are nice too but I prefer the nutrageous - I don't have it too often because of the high calories but it's lovely as an occasional treat.

I've wanted to try the Snickers Caramel but your post has put me off trying it because I like my caramel on the soft side. I've wanted to try the Peanut Butter Snickers too but I think they're only sold in America because I've never seen them in UK stores.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Have you tried a bar of Reese's peanut butter nutrageous or Reese's peanut buttercups? I think the nutrageous bar is delicious - the buttercups are nice too but I prefer the nutrageous - I don't have it too often because of the high calories but it's lovely as an occasional treat.

I've wanted to try the Snickers Caramel but your post has put me off trying it because I like my caramel on the soft side. I've wanted to try the Peanut Butter Snickers too but I think they're only sold in America because I've never seen them in UK stores.

I know I was so disappointed maybe I just got a bad batch but not rushing to buy them again. I love Reeses stuff especially the cups and nutrageous also Reeses pieces which are a semi reasonable subsitute for peanut butter M&Ms.

I have a shop locally now that sometimes stocks imported sweets but it's tough getting the ones I like and the peanut butter stuff usually goes first :( other than that I guess its back to saving for a trip to London and hit cybercandy and some of the shops round Soho to stock on my choccie fixes again.

That said I could just go and make some chocolate peanut butter fudge and that would probably keep me happy for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I tried the More Caramel one the other day and thought it just tasted like a normal Snickers. I also bought an Almond flavoured one online a couple of weeks ago and thought the same. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree with everything you've said, the caramel bars are so hard they nearly broke my teeth!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    I tried the More Caramel one the other day and thought it just tasted like a normal Snickers. I also bought an Almond flavoured one online a couple of weeks ago and thought the same. :confused:

I agree with you, I couldnt taste as much of the peanut butter flavour in the nougat but thought the More Caramel one seemed like a normal Snickers otherwise :confused:
    Where can you get the almond one?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I bought a 4 pack of the more nuts ones because they were on sepcial offer.

It's the first time i've bought snickers for ages and they are definately smaller and to be honest I couldn't tell you if they were more nutty or not
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard choice to make for me. Solution buy one of each, heat them very slightly and sandwich them together and that way you get more nuts and more caramel. :D:o

That's what I did lol. I also did that with the mars that was just caramel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I've tried the more nuts one, can't say it tasted more nutty than the ordinary snickers. For some reason the caramel one doesn't appeal to me.
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I agree with you, I couldnt taste as much of the peanut butter flavour in the nougat but thought the More Caramel one seemed like a normal Snickers otherwise :confused:
    Where can you get the almond one?

I got it from a website that imports US groceries.

I think the address is www.americansweets.co.uk
    Forum Member
    I've tried the more nuts one, can't say it tasted more nutty than the ordinary snickers. For some reason the caramel one doesn't appeal to me.

If you like normal Snickers then you may as well try it because it just tastes exactly the same. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    If you like normal Snickers then you may as well try it because it just tastes exactly the same. :D

Just watch your teeth on it though.
    Forum Member

Mine wasn't hard at all, it was just exactly like a normal Snickers. :D
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The More Caramel taste more chewy but are not as nice... bought the More nuts and felt disappointed that I really couldn't tell the difference :o
  • bazpabazpa Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    "Oh yes, you can really tell theres more nuts in them" said my friend after I gave him one to try.

I'd given him the more caramel one :confused:

Personally I prefer the more nuts ones although they are a bit hard as others have said
  • karl hodgekarl hodge Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it, I ended up with a rather severe toothache afterwards! :rolleyes::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Neither of the new Snickers are properly new in the UK :-/

I wrote about More Nuts in 2010: http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2010/01/more-nuts-limited-edition-snickers.html

And the More Caramel was called 'Maximus' back in 2011: http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2011/02/snickers-maximus-uk-limited-edition-wh.html

On a related note - Skittles Confused first launched in the UK in 2008, so they aren't proper new either! http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2008/09/skittles-confused-28908-sainsburys.html

*rant over*

This is the side effect of snack blogging for 4 years - nothing seems new any more! :-D
  • Little Miss KatLittle Miss Kat Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    cinabar wrote: »
    Neither of the new Snickers are properly new in the UK :-/

I wrote about More Nuts in 2010: http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2010/01/more-nuts-limited-edition-snickers.html

And the More Caramel was called 'Maximus' back in 2011: http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2011/02/snickers-maximus-uk-limited-edition-wh.html

On a related note - Skittles Confused first launched in the UK in 2008, so they aren't proper new either! http://www.foodstufffinds.co.uk/2008/09/skittles-confused-28908-sainsburys.html

*rant over*

This is the side effect of snack blogging for 4 years - nothing seems new any more! :-D

But it also makes you a snack expert :)

I didn't realise the More Nuts and More Caramel were just repackaged older bars but then again I don't remember those bars from first time around.

I'd actually be quite glad to see the More Nuts stay as part of the permanent range, hubby really enjoys them!