The Apprentice confirms itself as a stupid entertainment show

2»

Comments

• oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the project manager was in severe danger of getting the chop for having made a catastrophic error of judgement, resulting in no sales. I thought there was no greater sin than making no sales. However, Sugar found a suitable victim who fitted the profile for that role better than Laura did. So out she went.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I fully understand his decision.

Whilst I don't agree with it in the true "spirit" or "idea" of the show - I've watched it long enough to know that Joy was going to be fired as soon as she was called into the boardroom.

I've also come to terms with it as I know that in the long run I will be more entertained by a loudmouth overconfident gobshite (love that word!) messing up a task than a quiet shy person messing up a task.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was a terrible call for him to make, stupid even, it was clear the project manager screwed the whole thing up.

but the bitching makes good tv, so go figure.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Although Lord Sugar probably didn't know that Joy had tried to get on Big Brother at the time, I suppose it seems to confirm that he doesn't regret firing her. ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s108/the-apprentice/news/a282189/lord-sugar-joy-tried-for-big-brother.html

He can't stand fame-seekers.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The contestants now surely know and act as if they are in an entertainment show.

Its alright Karen Brady coming all high and mighty this week but lets face it, this isn't about a job with Lord Sugar at all, its about your 15 minutes of fame. I have young people working for me who would eat these morons alive.

There are moments , when the camera is ridiculing some of their actions when any right minded person would think, "Why have you let yourself be filmed in that position?". They all know and act up for the camera.

And even Lord Sugars quips are beginning to sound more and more like scripts, if any of them were ever his in the first place.

Take it for what it is, a well acted mockumentary and you won't go far wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although Lord Sugar probably didn't know that Joy had tried to get on Big Brother at the time, I suppose it seems to confirm that he doesn't regret firing her. ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s108/the-apprentice/news/a282189/lord-sugar-joy-tried-for-big-brother.html

He can't stand fame-seekers.

Oh, the irony!

Interesting though, if Joy, applied for Big Brother.
    Maybe that would explain why she was doing some weird jigging and jumping up and down the previous week (incidentally, contradicting the image of Quiet One). She forgot she was on a programme where jumping wasn't quite the thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    The contestants now surely know and act as if they are in an entertainment show.

Its alright Karen Brady coming all high and mighty this week but lets face it, this isn't about a job with Lord Sugar at all, its about your 15 minutes of fame. I have young people working for me who would eat these morons alive.

There are moments , when the camera is ridiculing some of their actions when any right minded person would think, "Why have you let yourself be filmed in that position?". They all know and act up for the camera.

And even Lord Sugars quips are beginning to sound more and more like scripts, if any of them were ever his in the first place.

Take it for what it is, a well acted mockumentary and you won't go far wrong

Yes, her comments were a bit strange given the context in which all this is occurring - a TV programme format deliberately set up for drama and entertainment.
    It's quite annoying that on the one hand Sugar struts about pretending this is a serious business programme and superior to other reality TV, yet it shows people at their worst, ridicules and humiliates them, while he behaves like an angry drama queen rather than a serious modern business leader. His descent into slanging matches and vulgar abuse on twitter completes the picture, showing him up in a very poor light.