DW Cast Members in Other Roles.

Comments

• wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've scanned the thread and sorry if I missed it posted, but Matt Smith was in a BBC drama Bert and Dickie last year. It was about the skulls rowing duo that won gold for GB in the 1948 London Olympics.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Camille has also been in New Tricks
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Camille has also been in New Tricks

She also appeared in King Ralph and in 90s sitcom Nelsons Column.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    She also appeared in King Ralph and in 90s sitcom Nelsons Column.

Lets start a Camille apreciation thread :)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant is to play an American version of his Character in the U.S remake of Broadchurch.

Could be Tennants big break in the States (or the remake could of course flop).
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    David Tennant is to play an American version of his Character in the U.S remake of Broadchurch.

Could be Tennants big break in the States (or the remake could of course flop).

All the U.S versions of U.K shows suck like Torchwood, The Inbetweeners, Skins, Shameless just to name a few
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three further appearances of Anneke Wills:

She was in a couple of episodes of The Strange World of Gurney Slade (1960 - worth watching in itself - also contains Edwin Richfield*).

She also appears in the film Some People (1962 semi-promotional film for the DoE award - David Andrews turns in a good performance as a disaffected teenager, otherwise, it's all a bit ho-hum).

In both of the above, she is credited as "Annika Wills".

As "Anneke Wills", she was regular character Evelyn McClaine in all 16 episodes of Strange Report (1968), something so accomplished that I wonder why I don't like it more.

*Edwin Richfield, of course, played Clive in the 1969 television version of Alan Garner's The Owl Service.

Fascinating as all this is, are we not needlessly duplicating work already done elsewhere (IMDb, for example)? Or is the point of this to chronicle the reactions of Doctor Who fans to particular appearances in other dramas of familiar faces?
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    All the U.S versions of U.K shows suck like Torchwood, The Inbetweeners, Skins, Shameless just to name a few

I reckon murder-mystery in a small town with a lead detective who's damaged and trying to make amends will translate better than character-led programmes like the last three you mentioned. It might have a chance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote: »

Fascinating as all this is, are we not needlessly duplicating work already done elsewhere (IMDb, for example)? Or is the point of this to chronicle the reactions of Doctor Who fans to particular appearances in other dramas of familiar faces?

Well the initial point of the thread was just as a catch all for the "Tennant, Smith, Eccleston, Piper etc" is in New Show threads that appeared occasionally.

But if people want to pick random actors from the last 50 years of DW and just list everything they have been in that's up to them :D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Catherine having been a regular in The Office, Barrowman in Arrow, Freema in The Carrie Diaries and Billie in Penny Dreadful - it's about time the Doctor himself joined his companions across the pond.
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendy padbury was gang-raped in 'blood on satan's claw'....:eek:

Strictly speaking, I believe her character was raped by only one character, while a number of other characters looked on. Anthony Ainley also appears in this film.

Wendy Padbury also appeared in the Southern Television series Freewheelers from 1971 onwards. Series Six (1971) is available on DVD from Renown Productions Ltd, and, if you like seeing Wendy tied up or stripping to her bikini, you're in for a treat. There are a lot of other Doctor Who actors in this series: Ronald Leigh-Hunt, Jerome Willis, Richard Shaw, though few, if any, of these are tied up or strip to their swimsuits.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Celia Imrie - Miss Kizlet from TBOSJ was of course Miss Babs in Acorn Antiques and many other Victoria Wood shows. She was also in Ab Fab, the original Upstairs Downstairs, Bergerac and even Star Wars Episode 1 (Lindsay Duncan was in that too - well her voice was).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen Gillan gets the lead role in a U.S Sitcom Pilot based on My Fair Lady.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/feb/19/karen-gillan-us-sitcom-selfie
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick troughton was in an ep of the famous five in the seventies as a villain.
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Swallows and Amazons Forever from the early 80's on DVD.
    John Woodvine, Colin Baker and Patrick Troughton all feature.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    John Barrowman

This year has been seen in

Arrow
    Zero Dark Thirty (movie)
    All Stars (movie)
    Scandal

He was also in

My Family
    Hussle
    Hotel Babylon

Pre DW roles included

The Producers (movie)
    Shark Attack 3 Megaladon (movie) :D
    De Lovely (movie)
    Putting it Together (TV/Musical)
    Titans
    Central Park West

And his (clothed) backside was in The Untouchables (movie)

You forgot to mention that program that he has started this week on channel 4 that he presents about dogs. :D It's quite amusing. It comes on at 5.30 after Coach Trip. He is very nice to dogs. He also looks better as he appears to have laid off the botox
  • krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    +1

One of my all time favourites ( the original)

Mine too! 'Where did we go right?!' :D

The BBC's 'The History of Tom Jones: A Foundling' from 1997 includes Peter Capaldi and Sylvester McCoy, along with: Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Lindsay Duncan (Adelaide), Ron Cook (Magpie), Celia Imrie (Miss Kizlet), Roger Lloyd-Pack (Lumic), June Whitfield (Minnie) and Alexei Sayle (DJ). It's well worth a watch IMO. :)
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that program that he has started this week on channel 4 that he presents about dogs. :D It's quite amusing. It comes on at 5.30 after Coach Trip. He is very nice to dogs. He also looks better as he appears to have laid off the botox

I posted that list in June last year, before the dogs programme was commissioned!.

He has also done Pressure Pad for BBC1 since then (which has been recommissioned)

and he is also currently filming a programme about a pet hospital for Channel 4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB is an animal lover, which makes him ok in my book
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all these years, I see more 'Ecclestone' than 'Eccleston'.

Georgia Moffett often gets given 'Moffat'.

Steven Moffat gets hit twice as hard with 'Stephen' and 'Moffett', or 'Moffatt' or some other variation I can't even imagine.

I've seen Alex 'Kingstone' a few times.

I've already seen a worrying number of 'Cabaldi' quotes.

:p

'Cabaldi' - isn't that the "religion" Madonna follows or is it the game they play in India, tag while holding your breath.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Let's not forget Hotel! (!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    'Cabaldi' - isn't that the "religion" Madonna follows or is it the game they play in India, tag while holding your breath.

It's a biscuit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    John Hurt has been cast in Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain.

So not the ongoing 12th Doctor then ;)

I'd totally forgotten that John Hurt had been originally cast as Setrakian in The Strain.

I guess his ill health forced him to drop out with another DW actor David Bradley then taking the role.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick Troughton was in the ITC drama Interpol Calling, which ran for two series between 1959 and 1960.

This is a clip of him in that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7iY1Hmz-j8

It is available now on DVD through the company Network DVD, which also released shows such as Robin of Sherwood, Upstairs Downstairs and 400 episodes of Coronation Street between 1960 and 2009.

:)

Great to see Pat in something other than Doctor Who and The Omen. :)

Shame that the 1950s Robin Hood starring Patrick doesn't survive, only for one 30 second clip. :(
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Let's not forget Hotel! (!)

Yes! I'd forgotten about that. :D That also had Keeley Hawes in it, didn't it? I vaguely remember seeing that on YouTube about 5-6 years ago, then completely forgot about it.

Keeley played the hotel's receptionist, if my memory serves me well. Shame Hotel! isn't on DVD. :( I would have a good ol' laugh seeing that again. :D

Capaldi was also in Neil Gaiman's BBC mini-series Neverwhere around 1996.

Christopher Eccleston was in The Second Coming for ITV in 2003, also featuring Midnight's Lesley Sharp. I've got that on DVD. It's about Eccleston's character Stephen Baxter who is convinced he is the modern day version of Jesus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Second_Coming_(TV_serial)