Options

Bauer Place changes

Comments

• Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob Malcom is back to 9-12 this Sunday - ironically, his last show on Radio Borders before the new weekend schedule kicks in.

Sad to think that from next weekend the only local output on Radio Borders at weekends will be 2-6pm on Saturdays and 12-4pm on Sundays.

The Borders has no choice between Radio Borders and Greatest Hits Network.

Yet it has to fall into line with all the other Your Music Your Life stations that they must network ehen all the others do, and it increasingly becoming restricted to top 40 for the past 15 years plus Old Skool and Anthem.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    The Borders has no choice between Radio Borders and Greatest Hits Network.

Yet it has to fall into line with all the other Your Music Your Life stations that they must network ehen all the others do, and it increasingly becoming restricted to top 40 for the past 15 years plus Old Skool and Anthem.

Radio Borders was licenced as an FM-only station which is why it has no AM equivalent. It's always been a bit of a mix of both of the Forth AM and FM stations. Bob Malcolm's final show this weekend will bring an end to the Sunday morning 'golden slot' on Radio Borders after 24 years and 8 months, and for what? A networked show which Bauer thinks will go down well across all of its stations, including Radio Borders.

I for one won't be tuning in to Paddy McGuinness the following week, or indeed any other week.
  • Options
    bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Bring back Gus beattie to central FM on the 10pm to midnight slot . I used to love that show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bh21 wrote: »
    Bring back Gus beattie to central FM on the 10pm to midnight slot . I used to love that show

They only play the jukebox from 7pm to 6am apart from a few brief headlines top of the hour and a few ad breaks dotted about here and there.

But are they bringing back DJ's from 7pm to at least midnight?

7pm is ridiculously soon to start playing the jukebox and no DJ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just heard Derek Clark reading the Wave 102 News at the top of the hour.

He was also reading the Central FM news this morning. I've never heard him reading the news for any other radio station apart from Central FM.

Are Wave 102, Central FM, Kingdom FM, Original 106 and Your Radio all part of the same group of radio stations?
  • Options
    michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought all of the stations you've listed are independent. It might just be that the newsreader is freelance and does stuff on various stations, Radio people need all the work they can get these days.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    I just heard Derek Clark reading the Wave 102 News at the top of the hour.

He was also reading the Central FM news this morning. I've never heard him reading the news for any other radio station apart from Central FM.

Are Wave 102, Central FM, Kingdom FM, Original 106 and Your Radio all part of the same group of radio stations?
    I thought all of the stations you've listed are independent. It might just be that the newsreader is freelance and does stuff on various stations, Radio people need all the work they can get these days.

They are not part of a group but Central's owner also part owns Original 106 and one of Original's other part owners also owns Wave 102 - so it could be they pool resources. Although if it's seperate shifts I imagine the newsreader is freelance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    They are not part of a group but Central's owner also part owns Original 106 and one of Original's other part owners also owns Wave 102 - so it could be they pool resources. Although if it's seperate shifts I imagine the newsreader is freelance.

Could well explain it.

I'm sure I heard Steve Courtney (Central FM) doing ads for Kingdom FM and Alistair Smith (Wave 102) doing ads for Original 106 with Martin Ingram (Original 106) doing ads for Wave 102. Same probably applies there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Bauer are changing their place portfolio.

The FM place stations will keep the 'Your Music, Your Life' strapline and format for 25-44s, their AM counterparts (now magic) will change to <FM station> 2 ie. Radio City 2 for 44-65s. Thirdly, and most interestingly there will be a third service on local DAB for 15-25s. This will be called <FM station> 3 ie. Radio City 3.

This new 3rd service: I'd be surprised if takes its own programming. Probably a relay of 'The Hits Radio' with possibly a local show? - or will Bauer use the same technology used on Christian O'Connell's show and have the presenter on the main FM station play a different playlist suited to a younger demographic?

Source: http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/09/major-brand-swap-for-bauers-local-stations/

EDIT: Place 3 will take a local version of 'The Hits Radio'
  • Options
    Scotty_BScotty_B Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gavindowd wrote: »
    EDIT: Place 3 will take a local version of 'The Hits Radio'

And be about as local as the main station? I.e. not very.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty_B wrote: »
    http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/1314436/bauer-media-takes-magic-national-part-digital-push/
    Bauer Media will then launch a third digital station (Key 3 and Clyde 3) targeting a younger audience. These stations will carry a national feed of new music, with local branding and some local content.
    So apart from London will use the current The Hits local DAB slot? But no detail yet of "some local content"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    So when does the new schedules go live, is it from tonight or from Monday morning?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Scotty_B wrote: »

Local ads ;-)
  • Options
    Scotty_BScotty_B Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than waste time on these new stations they want to fix their very broken main stations. Radio City is dull as dish water. Breakfast is rubbish and drive is even worse. They have got Scott Hughes who is great but every time I tune in all he is doing is reading out stupid ITV style competitions. Turn off radio at its best.

Rather than scoop up some of the listeners that followed Scott and Glen to Century / Real now that has become heart I'd be surprised if they aren't just losing more.

Old skool and anthems nice idea absolutely soleless implementation with network silence frequently where ads and idents don't match up. Juice twitter mix with no ads sounds so much better.

How they have got it so wrong is beyond me.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how the English contingent here took to Boogie and Dingo. Roles reversal of other programmes such as IN DEMAND coming from Manchester, lots of English callers - this morning lot's of Scottish callers.

No split links for the 'new' stations taking the show pretty standardised link at 9:10 'welcoming any new listeners to the show' and a quick getting to know us for 'new people joining us' and that was it really.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how the English contingent here took to Boogie and Dingo. Roles reversal of other programmes such as IN DEMAND coming from Manchester, lots of English callers - this morning lot's of Scottish callers.

We have had so suffer crap from south of the border for as long, high time we sent them some of ours.:D

Local radio folks!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    To say I am not a fan of Hallam FM, I found Kam Kellys Big Saturday Show a decent show to listen to. These two what have taken over are very poor.

They make Paulette Edwards whose Radio Sheffield at the same time sound really good.

Hallam FM is switched off permanent in our house
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member

No split links for the 'new' stations taking the show pretty standardised link at 9:10 'welcoming any new listeners to the show' and a quick getting to know us for 'new people joining us' and that was it really.

Like any show it will be judged on the entertainment and content. It's not like English people have never heard a jock on the air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Like any show it will be judged on the entertainment and content. It's not like English people have never heard a jock on the air.

Seeing as one worked in England for a while early in his career and the other is an Aussie it shouldn't be to much of a trauma for them.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only listen for me on Radio Borders this weekend was Super Scoreboard Live. The next time my radio will be turned on is Monday morning - tomorrow is a no-go area.

I feel sorry for all those south of the Border who had to endure Boogie and Dingo for the first time this morning and my sympathies are with Handsworth Guy. I stopped listening to it some time ago as it's little more than juvenile crap!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to a bit of Paddy McGuinness's show, dearie me where do I start?

Apart from shouting down the mic Chris Evans style the bit I tuned into was a story about him being given a massage by a Rolf Harris lookalike and having the guys genitals rub off his head and how he nearly "spewed his ringer up".

Totally unsuitable for Sunday morning radio. Radio for morons.
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Just listened to a bit of Paddy McGuinness's show, dearie me where do I start?

Apart from shouting down the mic Chris Evans style the bit I tuned into was a story about him being given a massage by a Rolf Harris lookalike and having the guys genitals rub off his head and how he nearly "spewed his ringer up".

Totally unsuitable for Sunday morning radio. Radio for morons.

And they hire 'Content Producers' to oversee this tripe? Time Bauer took long look at themselves. How did 'content' like THAT make it to air?..Give the shift to responsible presenter.Now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they hire 'Content Producers' to oversee this tripe? Time Bauer took long look at themselves. How did 'content' like THAT make it to air?..Give the shift to responsible presenter.Now.

Absolutely. Embarrassing and cringeworthy. Stephen Oliver referred to the Saturday morning show as juvenile crap" but in comparison to Paddy's show it is The Today programme.

Bauer are really going for the lowest common denominator based on the weekend shows.

Don't get me started on Rob Beckett on Absolute Radio too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Absolutely. Embarrassing and cringeworthy. Stephen Oliver referred to the Saturday morning show as juvenile crap" but in comparison to Paddy's show it is The Today programme.

Bauer are really going for the lowest common denominator based on the weekend shows.

Don't get me started on Rob Beckett on Absolute Radio too!

I heard Paddy McGuinness talking about his new show on the Radio Breakfast Show, and it sounded like his show would be dreadful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Radiogram;7

5073454]Absolutely. Embarrassing and cringeworthy. Stephen Oliver referred to the Saturday morning show as juvenile crap" but in comparison to Paddy's show it is The Today programme.

Don't get me started on Rob Beckett on Absolute Radio too![/QUOTE]

I heard Paddy McGuinness talking about his new show on the Radio Breakfast Show, and it sounded like his show would be dreadful.

Bring back Bob Malcolm.