Options

So now GaGa has used a famous Sax player, expect every diva to have one in their vids

If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Once again GaGa has started a trend, she's so inovative and constantly pushing the boundries to places its never been pushed before...and of course the hoardes have to follow!

Obviously GaGa used Clarence Clemons for Edge of Glory (video out tonight) and now Katy Perry has released her one song with a sax in and made sure she got Kenny G for the video. Frankly its becoming tedious having only one creative, innovative, artist and a bunch of copycats.

Katy has form for this as well, what with copying GaGa's posters, and also taking inspiration from the Alejandro video (which incidently she blasted) for a photoshoot!

Katy, Rihanna, Christina, Ke$ha etc I actually like having one GaGa, we don't need you copying her!

Comments

• Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Friday Night existed before The Edge of Glory.

Case closed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry's album has been out for almost a year and Last Friday Night was on it.
    Ridiculous statement.
    GaGa is good, but she isn't the creator of everything, it's not like Katy went forward in time, found out that The Edge Of Glory would be popular and have a saxophone, go back, and make one be on Last Friday Night. This is getting ludicrous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Sorry but this thread is stupid. I find it really ironic that people can claim that other stars will copy Gaga, but then deny any of the similarities she has with others.

http://freshpics.blogspot.com/2011/02/lady-gaga-is-copy-paste.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And getting a famous sax player in her video had nothing to do with the fact that GaGa has had a famous sax player perform with her?

Are we to assume that this was always in Katy's plans, but GaGa pipped her to the post? I don't think so, her ploy is so diaphanous its unreal!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Last Friday Night existed before The Edge of Glory.

Case closed.

Spill the damn tea!!!!!
  • Options
    adzieeadziee Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Gaga's sax player is famous..just her friend or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adziee wrote: »
    I don't think Gaga's sax player is famous..just her friend or something.

It was Clarence Clemons :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And getting a famous sax player in her video had nothing to do with the fact that GaGa has had a famous sax player perform with her?

Are we to assume that this was always in Katy's plans, but GaGa pipped her to the post? I don't think so, her ploy is so diaphanous its unreal!

And this can't work in reverse how? GaGa could've heard the sax was effective in TGIF and so used one.
    It's called coincidence, and it happens in day to day life. Stop picking out coincidences and thinking that it's all some plot to copy GaGa. Not everybody sees her as God. I think Katy's management, nay most superstars' management, realise that nobody is gonna get away with copying GaGa. So why would they risk it? You're possibly the only person who would believe such... rubbish!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest i prefer Hair to both :cool:

love that the Sax is back though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mechajlo wrote: »
    And this can't work in reverse how? GaGa could've heard the sax was effective in TGIF and so used one.
    It's called coincidence, and it happens in day to day life. Stop picking out coincidences and thinking that it's all some plot to copy GaGa. Not everybody sees her as God. I think Katy's management, nay most superstars' management, realise that nobody is gonna get away with copying GaGa. So why would they risk it? You're possibly the only person who would believe such... rubbish!

Katy has form, she is constantly stealing from GaGa and then mainstreams it up in a bid to get away with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Clarence Clemons :o

Thought you were talking about the one at big weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy has form, she is constantly stealing from GaGa and then mainstreams it up in a bid to get away with it.

All that Katy has done, I've never drawn a comparison to GaGa, particularly from this album. Where on earth are you whisking these comparisons up from?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    adziee wrote: »
    Thought you were talking about the one at big weekend.

That was a trumpet.
  • Options
    Forum Member

...because Gaga is so underground?
    All that Katy has done, I've never drawn a comparison to GaGa, particularly from this album. Where on earth are you whisking these comparisons up from?

He's obviously never seen Party Monster, the place Gaga's entire persona originated from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a trumpet.

Oh hahaha :o I feel stupid now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starcaller wrote: »
    He's obviously never seen Party Monster, the place Gaga's entire persona originated from.

Indeed I haven't, care to fill me in? It's the first I've heard of it :)
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they're all just copying Candy Dulfer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Friday Night began filming on 3rd May. When was The Edge Of Glory released? Mid May?Case Closed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed I haven't, care to fill me in? It's the first I've heard of it :)

http://oudailyfashion.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/lady-gaga-a-club-kid-party-monster-rip-off/ is a pretty good explanation of a bunch of peoples findings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://oudailyfashion.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/lady-gaga-a-club-kid-party-monster-rip-off/ is a pretty good explanation of a bunch of peoples findings.

Interesting reading, just another place where GaGa's drawn a little more than inspiration from :p

I don't see how this relates to Katy though? Otherwise I'm just being really thick...
    It's late, I'm sorry :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the Club Kid culture played a part in her act, but I don't really see what they're getting at there? She didn't invent dressing like kitschy drag queen? :confused:
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last Friday Night was recorded in 2009, and came out last August. The video was planned months before The Edge of Glory was released, as was Kenny G's cameo.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Last Friday Night began filming on 3rd May. When was The Edge Of Glory released? Mid May?Case Closed.

I didn't realise songs were created days before release. She's been talking about the song (and the use of the saxaphone on it) for months.

That said, I doubt Katy Perry copied her on this. The posters were, in my opinion, 'inspired' by Gaga - but that was hardly a decision down to Katy herself, more her promotional team.

Jumping on everything another artist does that's slightly similar to Gaga and saying it's copying is ridiculous. After all, her fans (myself included) don't like it when people blow small similarities in her music/videos out of proportion and say that she's copied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting reading, just another place where GaGa's drawn a little more than inspiration from :p

I don't see how this relates to Katy though? Otherwise I'm just being really thick...
    It's late, I'm sorry :p

Oh, it has nothing to do with Katy. I was just indicating to others the irony of the OP going irate regarding people taking 'inspiration' from gaga and that others copy her, when she is one big (not so cheap!) imitation of others.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    She's been talking about the song (and the use of the saxaphone on it) for months.
    Oh my god, get real. Last Friday Night is like a full year older than Edge of Glory.

Gaga is more likely to have copied Katy Perry.