• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overrated man.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    "Michael Winner also admitted 'I actually find it slightly funny when a celebrity dies - which I shouldn't'.

Don't worry Michael, we'll all piss ourselves laughing when you go."

- Angus Deayton, 'Have I Got News For You', 1994

People in glass houses eh.............:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm:confused: I thought he died years ago.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Hmm:confused: I thought he died years ago.

"Keep up dear":D:D:D:D
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say if you can't say nothing good say nothing at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    They say if you can't say nothing good say nothing at all.

Allow me to then he founded the poice memorial tribute and went to unveil the names of police officers killed in the line of duty.

And recieved the police federations highest award until he founded the charity dead police officers recieved no such recognition.

He founded it after the death of pc Yvonne Fletcher in 1984 a wothly tribute to him as a human being.
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He becomes the first entry on this years Deathlist if you like that sort of thing.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    He becomes the first entry on this years Deathlist if you like that sort of thing.:o

Ahh yes i view it.

I think Micheal Winner would probably have a wry smile too at that one.;)
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Came as a shock.

RIP
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    soran wrote: »

strange,Conrad Bain of Diff'rent Strokes, Robert Kee and Patti Page have predeceased him this year
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,083
    Forum Member
    sad news

funnily enough I was wondering how you were yesterday xx
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But how clean were his underpants ?
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great British character.

Don't envy Sandy Lane. Bad enough to almost lose a leg. A tremendous struggle ever since.

Michael, hope you left Yasmine a bouquet of flowers. Xx
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    RIP Michael
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Michael
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I never knew how much of Winner's public persona was real and how much was artifice.

Nonetheless, he had a very full life well lived!
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    he was such a quirky fellow - will be intrigued to see what he left in his will - on twitter he was always on extravagant holidays etc but he was alwasy bemoaning he was skint - in other words down to his last 10 mil:D
  • farmhandfarmhand Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His put down of Richard Littlejohn as a smutty, vulgar asshole might change some people's perception of him....:D
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I never knew how much of Winner's public persona was real and how much was artifice.

I met him once, about a decade ago. I was recording a radio show discussing various "great films", and he was giving his opinion on them, along with a couple of other critics. I can't remember the names of the other two, but I think that Winner was the "big name", and the other two were just there as filler.

I went into the studio with every expectation of it being a very trying morning. I turned out to be completely wrong in my estimation. Winner turned his public persona on and off with practised ease, and when he wasn't being recorded he was jovial, pleasant and a thorough professional. Not only was he chatting with studio staff like they were old friends, but he constantly sought feedback from the studio manager and sound people, to make sure that they were happy with how he was coming across. And then, as soon as recording restarted, he was back in his abrasive critic mode, arguing loudly and harshly with the other guests with whom, only a minute before, he had been cheerfully discussing sport or the best to prepare lamb.

I've met a huge number of slebs over my career as a sound engineer, and I would normally only comment on the ones with whom I worked regularly enough to be able to form a reasonable opinion. I only worked with Winner once, but since he is now deaded I thought it was worth a quick reminiscence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    RIP Michael
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know any woman who enjoyed his Death Wish films as women were so sickeningly violated by men in those movies, especially the first one. I did love his Winners Dinners column though, great fun. Sad news indeed.

Well he did tend to make things rather explicit. I suppose that was the whole revenge thing. The audience cheers on as the villains get their just desserts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least Digital Spy had the common decency of putting it up on their main page unlike Virgin Media who think keeping Kimberly Walsh on the homepage all day long just because shes gone solo.

They think her going solo is more important than covering someones death of a man who was well respected and loved.

Virgin Media get your priorities right!
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a true original and brilliantly funny. RIP.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They think her going solo is more important than covering someones death of a man who was well respected and loved.

Did another man die today then?
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Did another man die today then?

No need for that, that's just disrespectful, regardless of your views on the man.