CS: Barbara Knox (Rita) Arrested

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over the limit is over the limit!

Her reactions would have been slower than normal.
    It is illegal to drive when over the limit for obvious reasons. I hope she goes to jail, but I know she won't.

She is a disgusting excuse for a human being!

A great example of the hysteria I referred to earlier. :kitty:

I doubt anyone, ever, has gone to jail for being slightly over the legal limit and causing no damage to anyone or anything. So why should Barbara Knox? :confused:

And where was all the outrage on here when other actors (or indeed ordinary members of the public) were convicted, not just charged, with driving over the limit? We know Chris Gascoyne, Sue Cleaver and Bruce Jones have all had past convictions, and that's just people from Corrie!

Joe Zel - you are soooo right. :kitty:
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Barbara has pleaded not guilty when really she was caught out drink driving the trial is in July I wonder what happens to her character now will she be wrote out? it wouldnt be fair for her to still be in the show when Chris Fountain got sacked unfairly
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she gets locked up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hanging is to good for this criminal:p, she won't even admit to her crime>:(, She should be sacked
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr loophole will his utmost get her off on a legal technicality which making a mockery of the justice system. Just cos she can afford the best she may well get off.

just say however she is found guilty will she get sacked. Not a chance
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so offended and distressed
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The outrage! :D

Is this the moors murderer or Barbara Knox? Knox? Knox?!!! :eek:
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I love how everyone's crawled all over this. Any excuse to lay into her.

It's almost as though people hated her to begin with. :D

Looking at the comments, I really wonder if people are really pissed off at the fact she was drink driving or just using it as an excuse because they don't like the character.

And bringing up Chris Fountain all the damn time is getting pretty boring, he is gone get over it.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The outrage! :D

Is this the moors murderer or Barbara Knox? Knox? Knox?!!! :eek:

Barbara Hindley >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As being said before over the limit is over the limit.
    It does not matter who you are you, are still over the limit and should pay the price whatever it is.
    Personally I can not stand drink drivers they are a complete nuisance who do not seem to care about what unhappiness they can cause with their utter thoughtlessness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    luba wrote: »
    As being said before over the limit is over the limit.
    It does not matter who you are you, are still over the limit and should pay the price whatever it is.
    Personally I can not stand drink drivers they are a complete nuisance who do not seem to care about what unhappiness they can cause with their utter thoughtlessness.

Too true
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, well, well, well, well!

The drunken hag after many tantrums and denying she was drunk driving has finally admitted it.

I hope she is thrown out of Coronation street now.

Drink drivers are scum and should be treated as such!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    She won't get thrown out for this, But maybe she should make an apology
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not the first and she certainly won't be the last....So grow up and get over it....
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get over it? When a child, I witnessed an entire family directly and indirectly be killed by a drunken driver. The son of this family was so distraught at losing his parents he poured a can of petrol over himself and struck a match!
    I have seen the damage that these scum do.
    They are scum and should be treated as such.

There is no excuse for drunk driving, ever!
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get over it? When a child, I witnessed an entire family directly and indirectly be killed by a drunken driver. The son of this family was so distraught at losing his parents he poured a can of petrol over himself and struck a match!

I agree with you there...two of my own family were killed by a drunk driver so I know better than anyone how it feels ...but the impression I get on these pages it's the woman herself that's being criticized and not the crime..apologies if I am wrong
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

No there is no excuse at all i agree, But the fact is drink driving doesn't carry anything more serious than a slap on the wrist, So just because a person is on TV doesn't change that the law have dealt with them as they see fit

She has been treat the same way as anyone, So that has to be the end of it
  • Dark_StarDark_Star Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    As ever there will be rules for one and rules for another. Katie Redford was sacked at the begining of the week for being economical with the truth about her age. Today at the end of the week Barbara Knox is convicted of drink driving. One was young and naive and the other old enough to know better. One keeps their very well paid job while the other is instantly sacked. I dont know about everyone else here but i sure know which offence is more serious and deserves the sack.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,828
    Forum Member
    Dark_Star wrote: »
    As ever there will be rules for one and rules for another. Katie Redford was sacked at the begining of the week for being economical with the truth about her age. Today at the end of the week Barbara Knox is convicted of drink driving. One was young and naive and the other old enough to know better. One keeps their very well paid job while the other is instantly sacked. I dont know about everyone else here but i sure know which offence is more serious and deserves the sack.

Sorry but you can't compare the two.

Katie or her agent lied to get a job, Barbara is just plain stupid for drink driving.
    Not the first celebrity to do so and she won't be the last but she doesn't deserve to be fired.
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »

Katie or her agent lied to get a job, Barbara is just plain stupid for drink driving.
    Not the first celebrity to do so and she won't be the last but she doesn't deserve to be fired.

Your right you cant compare the two. One action didnt hurt anyone were as the other action could of killed someone.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lengthy driving ban should be enough.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,828
    Forum Member
    Dark_Star wrote: »
    Your right you cant compare the two. One action didnt hurt anyone were as the other action could of killed someone.

"Could of" is the main thing here.
    Indeed, she could of but didn't.
    The only one hurt in the Katie Redford scenario was herself.

Barbara has a fine and a year's ban, like Katie, she'll get over it.
    Forum Member
    "Could of" is the main thing here.
    Indeed, she could of but didn't.
    The only one hurt in the Katie Redford scenario was herself.

Barbara has a fine and a year's ban, like Katie, she'll get over it.

The fact nobody got hurt was pure luck. She committed a serious crime with no thought to the safety of others. My point is that what Katie did may of been wrong but is in no way as serious as drink driving yet she has been sacked and vilified by everyone were as Barbara has commited a serious offence and kept her job.