Options

#WalfordHASChangedForever / EastEnders / Episode Thread 25/04/2014

Comments

• Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Great episode, I hope Cindy comes back for good she's been really good this week imo
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    About time someone said it's rubbish, too much crying , grow some.

So when you loose a mother, sister or daughter you would be happy they died then throw a party then dance on there grave grow up it what happend in real life
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fantastic episode!

what an amazing scene that was with Phil & Ian, and when Ian saw Sharon. Loved that she also asked if she could do something for Jane, after she asked if there was anything she could do for Ian.

I hope Cindy comes back
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At 8:00pm last Friday we saw the episode which promised Walford Will Change Forever at at the start of this week we started to see the aftermath of the murder of Lucy Beale and now Walford Has Changed Forever...
    No it hasn't...roll eyes.
    Are the coppers allowed to just take a DNA swab at your own home like that?
    Yes. with permission.
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Would you really tell that to someone who has just lost their child?
    No I wouldn't but the way Beale has acted, I would certainly be thinking it.
    xTonix wrote: »

Adam has been great all week, this guy so better win Best Actor, he puts most actors out there to shame!
    There are other soaps.
    Oh cut him some slack, he lost his only daughter.
    But he still has two sons, two girlfriends, a restuarant, a cafe and a chippie. :blush:

pleased to see Hetti topping this poll

Many posters will not remember the other one.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time someone said it's rubbish, too much crying , grow some.

That job at The Samaritans didn't workout then? :D
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least it was the original Gina! - nice nod to us who remember well.

Ian throwing himself in to phil was the funniest thing I've seen lmao, HAM moment, even Mcfadden seemed shocked when Adam with a toss of his head thew himself headfirst in to his Rack.

Sharon has spoken to michelle, as if she'd rung to tell her when I presumed the flowers from the irish clan was a result of michelle telling them which could'nt have been sharon.

The Gina of old would have slapped Janes face for that outburst, and why no mention her other niece is dead or where Peter was or anything. Still at least Cindy has gone but shall return like a bad dose of the clap to replace Lucy.

I reckon Peter did it. I reckon they had a ruck he slapped her face and walked off while she fell to her knees as a blood clot from the previous fall moved. Looks like he's ready to explode and Lola will cop it.

Spring lane = spring pain. utter tripe.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pleased to see Hetti topping this poll

Quite surprised really since the majority did not really like Hetti in the role, as was said on here a few months ago.

Guess it easier to vote for the fresh one, especially cause of the last few weeks.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Quite surprised really since the majority did not really like Hetti in the role, as was said on here a few months ago.

Guess it easier to vote for the fresh one, especially cause of the last few weeks.

Your standing increases when you're dead...everyone suddenly loves you.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Great episode.

A bit crazy but today i had a 'omg Thats lucy walking down that road' moment just like Ian had the other day :o
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent episode.

I've never seen the market so empty before. It was eerie.

Sharon not seeing Ian first thing is out of character... :o:confused:

Hi Gina.

Nancy always knows whenever Lee is and isn't around.

Pam getting stuck right into the issue of the recently deceased. Classy.

Ian. You never did accept her into your life...

Yes, yes, you are an idiot, Sharon - why did you take so long?

That was a heart-retching scene between Ian and Phil. :cry:

Ugh. Max. The police will be very interested in you when your shennigians with Lucy comes out. :kitty:

Lee's going already? :(

Yeah, I wonder what Lauren's gonna do with the business and flats now?

If Lola and Peter weren't already bound for a split with Jay, then they are now...

Lucy was the closest thing Jane ever had to a daughter. :(

Jane and Ian. Not surprised they'd unite in their grief.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I hate the way Adam cries, always have - it's just so girlie, not even the right word but it's just full on whiny tears.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful from The Weasel. Using emotional instability to worm his way in with Jane. She was trying to pull away and he wouldn't let her.

No. They both wanted it. There was no pulling away

Phils best scenes in over a decade tonight
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    Well they are saying Walford Will Change Forever! A Phil/Ian friendship?

While Phil and Ian have loathed one another, there was been a shallow underlying respect between the two that reveals itself on select occasions, the fact that any understanding between the two is so seldom is what makes those rare moments so special. Ian is his ex wife's son, he probably feels some responsibility to Kathy to watch over him, despite not liking him

As another member said, a hark back to the old Phil...the real Phil!
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE IS Not real get a grip.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    While Phil and Ian have loathed one another, there was been a shallow underlying respect between the two that reveals itself on select occasions, the fact that any understanding between the two is so seldom is what makes those rare moments so special. Ian is his ex wife's son, he probably feels some responsibility to Kathy to watch over him, despite not liking him

As another member said, a hark back to the old Phil...the real Phil!

I read online that when Cindy Sr took Peter and Steven, it was Phil and Grant who helped to get them back for Ian. Surely Phil wouldn't have done that if he hated Ian, so there must have been a slither of like/respect for him underneath it all.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I read online that when Cindy Sr took Peter and Steven, it was Phil and Grant who helped to get them back for Ian. Surely Phil wouldn't have done that if he hated Ian, so there must have been a slither of like/respect for him underneath it all.

Kathy...
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,873
    Forum Member
    Why did Masood say "I love you" to Jane for? They are not together so why does he keep on pursuing her? She doens't seem to be into him at all at the moment so he should so back off.

If Ian and Jane don't say "last night was a one off", then I'll be glad in a way as I want Denise free from Ian. Despite what he is going through, he has been outrageous towards Denise, just "retaining her" as some sort of back up/trophy partner when he doesn't really want her! >: (@Ian!

To all the posters who seem surprised at Phil being there for Ian, he has done so a number of times before when Ian really neeed his help but not everytime and often he only is there for Ian when someone else badgers him into doing so. (Sharon being the latest example)

I remember in the mid 90's that both Phil and Grant Mitchell went to Italy to get back Peter and Steven as Cindy had taken them there and basically done a runner generally after trying to get Ian killed by a hitman! I think it was Kathy who got Phil to go to Italy though and Grant went as well. That was a great time in EE btw!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kathy...

Ian's mother, right? :blush::)
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,873
    Forum Member
    Ian's mother, right? :blush::)

Yes Ian's mum, dad was Pete Beale. The cafe was called Kathy's cafe for ages too.

If you haven't come across it already, wiki is very good for TV progrs/films and individual characters even......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EastEnders
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Yes Ian's mum, dad was Pete Beale. The cafe was called Kathy's cafe for ages too.

If you haven't come across it already, wiki is very good for TV progrs/films and individual characters even......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EastEnders

Thanks. :) I've only started watching Eastenders last year so I don't know all the older characters and just started looking into relevant Beale stuff for the Lucy storyline. ^_^
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who is this directed at?

Did you just discover this pearl of wisdom?
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth it for the Ian/Phil scene alone. That was awesome; it took Ian being in the arms of the man he hates most in the world to truly break down. This was what I was looking forward to the most in this episode, and they didn't disappoint.

Ian and Jane? Again, saw that coming a mile off.

Good episode.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. They both wanted it. There was no pulling away

Phils best scenes in over a decade tonight

I got the sense that Ian was heading for a slap if it wasn't for the fact both of them were grieving.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nor is any soap, nor is any drama, nor is 80% of the things you see on television today so why you're bothering to condescendingly go onto a soap forum to tell everybody who's a fan of the show to "get a grip" I'll never know.

Loved the episode last night up until Ian kissed Jane which like a few people I found a bit unnecessary. A few people are beginning to come out as suspicious and I'm really curious where they're going with Lee, if he'll be back or not to reveal that he lied about being at the party all night or what the deal is going to be. The scene between Phil and Ian was every inch as good as I expected it to be, I felt my jaw begin to shake when Phil started to cry too.

Personally I wasn't impressed with Donna's attitude tonight. I can understand her personal decision to not want to wear the armband in fear of putting off customers but the way she communicated that across was rude and cursory in my opinion. I agree disabled people shouldn't be portrayed as sweetness and light because in real life it's not always the case but considering Adam Best was such an unpleasant character I think it wouldn't have hurt to have someone in now who is disabled and a nice, polite respectful member of her community. On a related note I really like Pam, she was lovely to Alfie, so polite
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if the scene described by David was a scene that aired in the 1990's. If so that would be fantastic continuity.