Options

Digital Audio Books question

Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,
I'm looking to learn Mandarin and have trawled the internet for a cheap complete Pimsleur set of CDs to buy.

However I have just stumbled across this digital audio books website

Can someone please advise their understanding of the £3.99 offer that they talk about?

Does the offer mean that for £3.99/month I can download 1 audiobook for free and then buy others at a different price, or does it mean that I can download ANY audiobook for £3.99 a pop - in other words if I wanted 10 audiobooks would they cost me £3.99 x 10?
the offer seems a tad ambiguous in it's wording to me :confused:

There is no contact us link on the site and no phone number either so I cant ask them this direct, hence my question to you guys.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    As a member you'll pay just £3.99 per month for the first three months (just £7.99 per month thereafter). Each month you'll receive one credit that you can use to download a FREE audiobook of your choice. That's a great savings compared to the retail price!
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

After posting this thread I've since found out that www.digitalaudiobooks.co.uk is a subsidiary of www.audible.co.uk.

So I emailed their customer service and the reply I got highlights how misleading their advertising was.
    Yes you pay £3.99/month to join presently which entitles you to one free audio book.
    But then you are entitled to purchase just ONE audio book per month for £7.99, or 2 books per month for £14.99.
    For me this is quite useless because I want to buy 6 units of 5 lessons each which I hoped would cost me £24, when in fact they will cost £75!

I knew there had to be a catch as Pimsleur audio books are not cheap.
  • Options
    swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

After posting this thread I've since found out that www.digitalaudiobooks.co.uk is a subsidiary of www.audible.co.uk.

So I emailed their customer service and the reply I got highlights how misleading their advertising was.
    Yes you pay £3.99/month to join presently which entitles you to one free audio book.
    But then you are entitled to purchase just ONE audio book per month for £7.99, or 2 books per month for £14.99.
    For me this is quite useless because I want to buy 6 units of 5 lessons each which I hoped would cost me £24, when in fact they will cost £75!

I knew there had to be a catch as Pimsleur audio books are not cheap.

I don't see the advertising as misleading, rather, you misunderstood what was being offered.