Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• StykerStyker Posts: 49,856
    Forum Member
    I wish they would ditch all those type of shows. I mean Bargain Hunt is more than a little past its sell by date now. I kind of welcome breaks in the transmission of Doctors though.

Its only just come back on though, less than a week in fact. You really want a break every 2 weeks?
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    I don't watch Hollyoaks or Casulty. I remember Marcus Tandy though and Eldorado. I think the media got jealous of it kind of because of its massive budget. (10 Million I think at the time!) It was a good idea, british ex pats in Spain though maybe they went a bit too softly softly on it before it had a chance to fully get going.

Was the actor who plays Josh a permanent character in Casulty?

I have few memories of Eldorado. I remember me and my friend having a huge crush on Jesse Birdsall though :D I remember a few of the characters like Fizz, Pilar, Bunny and Nessa, but don't recall any of the storylines.

Yes Luke was a permenant cast member. He played a paramedic and was Bex the receptionists ex husband. Can't remember exactly how many years ago he was in it. I think Comfort was still in it.
    Forum Member
    I have few memories of Eldorado. I remember me and my friend having a huge crush on Jesse Birdsall though :D I remember a few of the characters like Fizz, Pilar, Bunny and Nessa, but don't recall any of the storylines.

Yes Luke was a permenant cast member. He played a paramedic and was Bex the receptionists ex husband. Can't remember exactly how many years ago he was in it. I think Comfort was still in it.

I thought I may have seen clips of Josh from somewhere before. I used to watch Casulty in the late 80's, was really good back then.

El Dorado, Marcus Tandy was supposed to be the slick good looking bad guy but he wasn't bad really from what I could make out, maybe it was for reasons like that the media panned it?
    I remember a gorgeous looking blonde lady in that programme, her name escapes me now and she was engaged to marry a pretty boy Javier who drowned himself in his own bathroom just before they were due to get married. I think he drowned himself anyway. Boy the more I write about it, the more I can see why it got panned! :D They should have still given it more of a chance though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I wish they would ditch all those type of shows. I mean Bargain Hunt is more than a little past its sell by date now. I kind of welcome breaks in the transmission of Doctors though.

A couple are okay but there are far too many of them now and Bargain Hunt is the worst out of the lot!
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I may have seen clips of Josh from somewhere before. I used to watch Casulty in the late 80's, was really good back then.

El Dorado, Marcus Tandy was supposed to be the slick good looking bad guy but he wasn't bad really from what I could make out, maybe it was for reasons like that the media panned it?
    I remember a gorgeous looking blonde lady in that programme, her name escapes me now and she was engaged to marry a pretty boy Javier who drowned himself in his own bathroom just before they were due to get married. I think he drowned himself anyway. Boy the more I write about it, the more I can see why it got panned! :D They should have still given it more of a chance though.

He didn't drown it was carbon monoxide poisoning , he was due to marry the blonde but was secretly gay and the lover of the older gay bloke , I think that was the last soap line that truly surprised me, it was getting quite good just before it wax axed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nooo I love bargain hunt :D
    Forum Member
    Looks like ballroom dancing is the new tap dancing :D
    Nooo I love bargain hunt :D

Lol, they quite often film at antique centres and fairs near me.
    Forum Member
    He didn't drown it was carbon monoxide poisoning , he was due to marry the blonde but was secretly gay and the lover of the older gay bloke , I think that was the last soap line that truly surprised me, it was getting quite good just before it wax axed

He was in the bath dead though so carbon monoxide knocked him out first? I don't remember that, I watched a few episodes afterwards or maybe one! :D

I don't recall seeing that stunning blonde in any programmes since, what a waste!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was in the bath dead though so carbon monoxide knocked him out first? I don't remember that, I watched a few episodes afterwards or maybe one! :D

I don't recall seeing that stunning blonde in any programmes since, what a waste!

he was in the bath with the hot water boiler in the same room and died of carbon monoxide poisoning the day before he was due to get married .Freddie his gay lover was devastated ad it all came out eventually.
    From inside soap I just googled it
    Javier’s death

One of Eldorado’s most shocking moments (as in storyline-shocking, not shocking acting), was the revelation that family-man Javier - partner of Ingrid and about to become a dad – was the secret gay lover of older man Freddie! But there was worse to come. On the morning of his wedding to Ingrid, he took a bath and was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning from the faulty boiler.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing the poster means Josh. His character in Casualty was called Luke as I remember. Bit like how in our house Maxine in Hollyoaks is still referred to as Candice the character she played in Corrie and Fraser was always Marcus after his Eldorado character. No biggie.

Yes, I recognise him from Casualty and that must be where I got Luke from. To be honest, in our house, I refer to him rather crudely as simply "the rapist/rapey guy" but thought I would be a bit more refined for the benefit of DS and use the character's correct name. That went well! :D
    Forum Member
    Yes, I recognise him from Casualty and that must be where I got Luke from. To be honest, in our house, I refer to him rather crudely as simply "the rapist/rapey guy" but thought I would be a bit more refined for the benefit of DS and use the character's correct name. That went well! :D

Lol you don't need to be on your best behaviour here. :D ;-)
    Forum Member
    he was in the bath with the hot water boiler in the same room and died of carbon monoxide poisoning the day before he was due to get married .Freddie his gay lover was devastated ad it all came out eventually.
    From inside soap I just googled it
    Javier’s death

One of Eldorado’s most shocking moments (as in storyline-shocking, not shocking acting), was the revelation that family-man Javier - partner of Ingrid and about to become a dad – was the secret gay lover of older man Freddie! But there was worse to come. On the morning of his wedding to Ingrid, he took a bath and was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning from the faulty boiler.

I can't remember who Freddie was now, it wasn't that bearded guy was it? The one who's moaning son ran away?

I'll try and look it up later on.
    Forum Member
    @faye: I looked up some info on that javier's lover, | remember that guy and the revelation vaguely now. Wasn't really realistic though but people do try their luck.

Re friday's episode, it looks like Rob/Karen are being paired back up without Karen ever regaining her memory and if she does regain her memory, it will probably be later on in the year I reckon when one day it will all come flooding back, enough time for it to be realistic like.

Rob still treating Howard like an idiot, I don't like it but Howard is still coming across as too socially awkward. When Rob was telling him how tired he was, Howard just nodded without adding anything as to why or what Rob could do about it in general. Being an ex army captain, you would have thought Howard would have given him some tips as to what he could do but even if he did, Rob would probably ridicule that too!

While reading the spoilers, It did say on the last spoiler that Doctors was going to take another break from the 23rd July because of the Commonwealth Games! I like athletics, but I'm not happy about another break. It would only have been back for 2 weeks and now will be off for a further 2 weeks from the 23rd?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @faye: I looked up some info on that javier's lover, | remember that guy and the revelation vaguely now. Wasn't really realistic though but people do try their luck.

Re friday's episode, it looks like Rob/Karen are being paired back up without Karen ever regaining her memory and if she does regain her memory, it will probably be later on in the year I reckon when one day it will all come flooding back, enough time for it to be realistic like.

Rob still treating Howard like an idiot, I don't like it but Howard is still coming across as too socially awkward. When Rob was telling him how tired he was, Howard just nodded without adding anything as to why or what Rob could do about it in general. Being an ex army captain, you would have thought Howard would have given him some tips as to what he could do but even if he did, Rob would probably ridicule that too!

While reading the spoilers, It did say on the last spoiler that Doctors was going to take another break from the 23rd July because of the Commonwealth Games! I like athletics, but I'm not happy about another break. It would only have been back for 2 weeks and now will be off for a further 2 weeks from the 23rd?

There are plenty of Gay men who hide behind a pretty woman it happens regularly in Hollywood , look at Rock Hudson .It was actually a well done storyline l Dorado was just getting good when they binned it .

Every time I see Karen eat now I imagine half the people on this board hiding behind the sofa as if a dr Who monster had appeared , it's adding to my enjoyment of things no end :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OO an do I detect a new dance storyline coming on , why ambassador I do hope that they are going to spoil us
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of Gay men who hide behind a pretty woman it happens regularly in Hollywood , look at Rock Hudson .It was actually a well done storyline l Dorado was just getting good when they binned it .

Every time I see Karen eat now I imagine half the people on this board hiding behind the sofa as if a dr Who monster had appeared , it's adding to my enjoyment of things no end
    :D

Well its not getting to me in that way. :) She only irks me when she does something stupid and before she lost her memory that used to happen a lot. Without sounding to pompous and yes I know I don't know everything either, but I'm one of those people who don't suffer fools gladly and for me, Karen was a fool to often, hence me getting irked by her.

Re Eldorado, what I thought that wasn't realistic was javier being with a guy much older and not in the same league looks wise either. I also thought it was getting good just before they cancelled it. Obviously the Beeb let the press/media get to them. I was hoping for some more "heavy" criminal storylines from Marcus Tandy as even though I don't support criminals, in soap land, the criminal storylines are often the more interesting ones to watch.
  • Mike_HowlandMike_Howland Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    OO an do I detect a new dance storyline coming on , why ambassador I do hope that they are going to spoil us

Perhaps a pair of potential 'Strictly' contestants?;-)
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    I have an account on Digiguide and Doctors is not in the schedule for the duration of the games, although annoyingly all the antique and property shows are. >:(
    I think they do this so that if any of the sport over-runs, they can just ditch the antique episode without a problem, but with a soap, the continuity of storyline means that you would need to catch up. So they take the decision not to show it at all so that the broadcaster doesn't have to worry about re-scheduling the soap at odd times so that regular viewers have no idea when it's on.

I miss Doctors when it is not on, but I do enjoy the athletics, so I am glad there is decent coverage of it. I don't enjoy Wimbledon, but I know a lot of people do, so it's good that the soap can take a break on occasion and that everyone can be catered for - I'm assuming that there are some strange people somewhere who don't like Doctors :p
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todays episode was hilarious mloved seeing doctor Carmichael stoned she was so funny
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with the nan stories? Have they taken place of the cross dressing storylines?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meechyemoo wrote: »
    What is it with the nan stories? Have they taken place of the cross dressing storylines?

we did manage to get a gay chap coming out story though let's not be too greedy
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we did manage to get a gay chap coming out story though let's not be too greedy

Nans and coming out stories in one episode. You know they are so common place I didn't even notice it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need a nan coming out story obviously
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or a gay man coming out as a grandfather. That really would be something special.

Is Heston's weird behaviour leading to something serious or are the noises just going to be caused by mice in the attic?

I'm glad Zara and Daniel are seemingly about to be given a storyline too. I can't recall Daniel doing anything of note in ages.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    While Zara was deadly and the actress was hilarious, that was the worst representation of being stoned I've ever seen in my life. I blame the writers though.
This discussion has been closed.