Options

Sarah Millican..................is there a single panel show she wont appear on ??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding this thread on page 8 gave me a warm glow that she who must be avoided hadn't been sighted in days.

All good things come to an end. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a thought - I bet she goes back to being on screen more than any other person ever once the Olympics coverage finishes. I'm certain that's the only reason we've been given a break from her. The BBC seem to have a long-term raging hard on for the woman (I suppose because she fills a couple of diversity quotas by being a female comic, overweight and from somewhere other than London? :D ) so I doubt this break is anything other than because they have to. Ugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    It could be because peeps are watching the sport, Nyota. Or like me they have everything switched off! But I agree.....happily Millicanless for a could of weeks, it'll take longer to recover form that voice - but it's a start!
  • Options
    CaptainblondeCaptainblonde Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    She popped up on an old 8 Out of 10 Cats last night on Challenge ... wish the TV planner would have warned me ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but people still need warnings.

We certainly do, I am still being vigilant
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't have to appear on comedy panel tv shows, she appeared on Sky Atlantic tonight at 8pm on a show called Urban Secrets! Couldn't believe it!!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    She is the Anti-comedy.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding this thread on page 8 gave me a warm glow that she who must be avoided hadn't been sighted in days.

I regret to report that I just found that an old Never Mind The Buzzcocks had started, settled back to enjoy it - and then there she was! Immediate switch over, plans ruined, thread revival.

Don't forget that there's a series of The Sarah Millican Show currently being shown on BBC1, which I assume is a repeat of the series that she did only weeks ago :mad:
    Nyota wrote: »
    Just had a thought - I bet she goes back to being on screen more than any other person ever once the Olympics coverage finishes. I'm certain that's the only reason we've been given a break from her. The BBC seem to have a long-term raging hard on for the woman (I suppose because she fills a couple of diversity quotas by being a female comic, overweight and from somewhere other than London? :D ) so I doubt this break is anything other than because they have to. Ugh.

That 's a very good point actually, we've only been given a respite because the Olympics are on :mad:

Steve Allen has just mentioned Millican on his breakfast show. He described her as "unfunny". Whilst true, I think that is the understatement of the year :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    She doesn't have to appear on comedy panel tv shows, she appeared on Sky Atlantic tonight at 8pm on a show called Urban Secrets! Couldn't believe it!!! :eek:

I know,had a lucky escape. Was looking through Skyguide last night and saw this show. Alan Cumming in Newcastle meets Peter Beardsley and Sar.... ahhh!!. Just so you all know it is repeated 4 more times between now and next Thursday. Have your wits about you if you plan to watch anything on Sky Atlantic in the coming days
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bullman wrote: »
    I know,had a lucky escape. Was looking through Skyguide last night and saw this show. Alan Cumming in Newcastle meets Peter Beardsley and Sar.... ahhh!!. Just so you all know it is repeated 4 more times between now and next Thursday. Have your wits about you if you plan to watch anything on Sky Atlantic in the coming days

Oh no! Dilema...I adore Alan Cumming.......

:eek:
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch out, she's on tonight on BBC2 before the Eastenders repeat! Can't get away from her! :D
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one's forcing you to watch. If she gets offered the chance to do it and wants to do it, why should she say no? I don't mind her personally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=OhWhenTheSaints;60297608]No one's forcing you to watch. If she gets offered the chance to do it and wants to do it, why should she say no? I don't mind her personally.[/QUOTE]

We know that, the point of this post is to warn other likeminded people when she is appearing, so that we can avoid her, nothing more nothing less
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! Dilema...I adore Alan Cumming.......

I don't know if you are male or female, but it doesn't matter, as I believe that he is bisexual :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if you are male or female, but it doesn't matter, as I believe that he is bisexual :D

Ta! It doesn't matter to me what he is, I love his personality and he is a lovely person!

But yes, he has a husband, lives in the US and campaigns for gay rights. He was actually married to to woman when he was much younger, he reckons he was confused and is gay, not bi.

I am on my profile, I'm female (and not confused)!
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Well I think she's quite good - patchily funny (as are most comedians).
    This thread is really out of date now - she doesn't show up regularly on panel shows presently.
    There must be better things to do with your time than criticise someone trying to make you laugh?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »
    Well I think she's quite good - patchily funny (as are most comedians).
    This thread is really out of date now - she doesn't show up regularly on panel shows presently.
    There must be better things to do with your time than criticise someone trying to make you laugh?

She's been on several times this week alone - and this is a quiet time in Millicanworld.

I consider it time well spent helping others avoid someone who couldn't make me laugh if she tickled me with the world's largest feather.

Edit - FFS! To prove my point, I randomly put on BBC2 and she's on there right now, in her own show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's been on several times this week alone - and this is a quiet time in Millicanworld.

I consider it time well spent helping others avoid someone who couldn't make me laugh if she tickled me with the world's largest feather.

Edit - FFS! To prove my point, I randomly put on BBC2 and she's on there right now, in her own show.

Exactly, I wonder why people like the above click on a thread with a title like this one if they say they like her......they secretly want to avoid the awful woman too!

Some one posted a red alert about the BBC2 series,, that's why this thread is a life saver....she is as prolific as dry rot - and about as funny. You still can't get away from her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think even Millican herself would want a break at this point!
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you can take umbrage with her for appearing on her own show.

I mean she's probably contracturally obliged to. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I don't think you can take umbrage with her for appearing on her own show.

I mean she's probably contracturally obliged to. :D

lol!

We had hoped that when given her own vehicle she would stay off other shows. She hasn't - she's still at saturation point!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Nyota wrote: »
    You'd think even Millican herself would want a break at this point!
    Do you think she turns up to the studio when they're showing repeats? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Do you think she turns up to the studio when they're showing repeats? :confused:

I mean in general. Even without the repeats, she's been on so much for almost two years now.
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her, actually. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4smiffy wrote: »
    I really like her, actually. :)

...so you click on a thread about warning others when she's on?...that makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.