Is Dexter's carefully constructed gameplan unravelling?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
Forum Member
✭✭
After his atrocious edit tonight, will all his clever manipulations and his 'life-changing BB journey' come crashing down?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I do not think so . if anything it will make him stronger.:D
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO it fell apart when he started trying to get Charlie as a love interest.
    he was doing fine without her. The Entire Triangle thing was pathetic and totally derailed
    the impact he was having.
  • Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so. Guys a cretin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His gamplan was busted after the secret room task when Gina, Hazel and Charlie talked about it. Its nothing new, just that others where too blind to follow it, ie Callum and Sam.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Yep's he done thank god.

Callum ftw.
  • elfstar89elfstar89 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How you think anyone can actually have a game plan so detailed that spans the whole series is beyond me? This was secrets and lies. Even the most strong willed game players would have given up just a little by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well he has certainly made an impact on me. from not minding him. I now dislike and distrust him. so yes dexter has blown it imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone could seriously describe Dexter's gameplan as "carefully constructed".

He's lurched from one cock up to the other.

I would suggest Callum's "Mr Nice Guy" act has come crashing down, though.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is still very popular. Nothing has changed that drastically.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spot on OP - I don't think 'Come in like a dick, pretend to go on a journey, but then prove beyond all doubt that you are in fact a dick' is a winning formula.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    I don't think anyone could seriously describe Dexter's gameplan as "carefully constructed".

He's lurched from one cock up to the other.

I would suggest Callum's "Mr Nice Guy" act has come crashing down, though.

I'm not surprised, he has taken some shit in there from dexter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elfstar89 wrote: »
    How you think anyone can actually have a game plan so detailed that spans the whole series is beyond me? This was secrets and lies. Even the most strong willed game players would have given up just a little by now.

Dexter's whole persona has been a construct from the start - from the planted fake PR stories in the media portraying him as a millionaire sugar daddy who uses prostitutes - to the misunderstood, friendless, emotional wreck now finally finding redemption after a few weeks thanks to his 'personal journey' on BB.

Up until a few days ago he was playing a blinder, but I think he has genuinely become very angry with Callum and has allowed this to derail what might have been a winning performance.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    Spot on OP - I don't think 'Come in like a dick, pretend to go on a journey, but then prove beyond all doubt that you are in fact a dick' is a winning formula.

:D:D:D
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I have gone right off Dexter~ and want him out next
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    His body language tonight convinced me that he's worried he's overcooked it. But that's only from HLs.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    "Carefully constructed" is something I don't even think any of his biggest supporters could call his overall strategy.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    he was doing fine without her. The Entire Triangle thing was pathetic and totally derailed

Yeh that is when I first started going off Dexter. He used to be one of my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    His body language tonight convinced me that he's worried he's overcooked it. But that's only from HLs.

imo everything has been an act up until now, but behind his specs he has been glowering over the Callum situation.

He has overcooked it, and didn't realise how Callum was going to react to his 'poke the village idiot with a stick' routine.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

Yeah I agree, it was beyond tedious and has left me with a very short fuse where his behaviour is concerned.

It's possibly because part of his crappy love triangle game plan was to start sucking up to Jackie and Dan.

Worst thing is, he's the one solely who's built up support for Callum. If he'd left Callum to chase Charlie on his own Callum would be long gone or at the very most an also ran unlikely to place in the final.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People always say this. It was said a few weeks ago about Dexter. Basically any time he is involved in controversy, people predict doom. It's nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, it was beyond tedious and has left me with a very short fuse where his behaviour is concerned.
    Try drinking lots of water and shouting b*ll&cks a lot.
    Works for Callum ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Carefully constructed" is something I don't even think any of his biggest supporters could call his overall strategy.

To go to the trouble (and expense) of placing entirely false stories about his millionaire status, 50 Shades of Grey sugar daddy persona, fake bar bills etc in the media suggests that this is a very carefully thought out plan which has been in the making for some time.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    To go to the trouble (and expense) of placing entirely false stories about his millionaire status, 50 Shades of Grey sugar daddy persona, fake bar bills etc in the media suggests that this is a very carefully thought out plan which has been in the making for some time.

Fair point, but I think that doesn't really play into his actual strategy in the house.

Did he put a huge amount of effort into cultivating a fake persona to get into the house (or get notoriety in general)? Yes. Did he really think of how he'd act week-by-week when he got in? No - otherwise he would have been a villain for longer than half an hour. I think he rolls with the punches to try and look the best he can, but I don't think there's anything in his gameplan that's particularly elaborate beyond "get sympathy"
  • Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever "carefully constructed" gameplan :rolleyes: Dexter supposedly went in with I think we threw out the window by week 2 at the most.

You can't go into a show like this and think you have it all planned out, because everything will change once you get to know what kind of people you have to love with.

I think now he just takes everything day by day and uses his strength of reading situations right now.
  • VirgoVirgo Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »

What a long journey:confused::confused: he must be walking to the moon and back:confused: