Options

Pixie Lott...a bit meh

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
Forum Member
I feel like Pixie Lott has had her day, it looks like her early success was a bit of a fluke

She is just behind Rita Ora in the (goes to the opening of an envelope) but doesn't seem to be able to capture people with her music

I do think she has a good voice but no real image or good songs

Comments

• Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first album was SOOOO good! I still listen to some of the songs every now and again, Gravity and Cry Me Out were and still are amazing. Her second album had It's All About Tonight which was her biggest single, but I think it put people off her irrevocably as a lot thought her dancing was goofy - I didn't really notice, though. Then the second single off that album was what made me stop caring, it was awful (What Do You Take Me For). Kiss the Stars was good, but it didn't have that spark that earlier songs had. The album title Young Foolish Happy was awful, too, and it had like 19 tracks on it and I never got around to listening to it all as I could tell it would be predominantly filler. I think her day is definitely done, too.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cry Me Out is the only thing shes released that ive really really liked, Although i have always felt the production of that song could have been miles better, it verges on cheap sounding at times, still its a very enjoyable pop song always reminds me of Christmas time! A couple of her other singles were good but are very much of their time, im really indifferent to her overall.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I loved her in 2009. Cry Me Out, Boys & Girls and Turn It Up were great imo. Wasn't keen on the second album though.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I loved her in 2009. Cry Me Out, Boys & Girls and Turn It Up were great imo. Wasn't keen on the second album though.

Pretty much the same as this poster. The first album was good and the re-release had some good songs too but everything that followed was bad.
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    She is very vanilla, no star quality at all. I'd take her over Jessie J though.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still like her..we don't have many "pop" acts nowadays so it's a shame to wan't to get rid of what we have left
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was brilliant for her first album
    But she hasn't really developed her sound

Judging by her new material, it seems the planned Motown album she worked on back in 2012 and some of last year must of been scrapped
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I liked her in the beginning and I saw her live when she was supporting The Saturdays on their first tour. I consider Pixie an honorary Saturday for that reason :p Her first album (and the re-release) was brilliant. It's got some great songs on it. Her second was alright but a bit meh and I hope the new one is better. I still prefer her to the likes of Rita Ora or Jessie J though. At least she seems very down to earth and fun. She seems like a nice person.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    everything poster is exactly how I feel :)
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had quite a good sound going for her with the first record. I actually liked the pop-soul-lite stuff like Mama Do, Turn It Up, Cry Me Out etc.

But she threw it all away with her second album. All About Tonight is still a jam as far as I'm concerned but it was a massively generic single, when at that stage in her career she should've been developing her niche more, to keep her individuality. So naturally with all the faceless subsequent singles the album sales suffered.

I, like the majority just seem to not have an opinion on her at all. Which in the world of pop music is infinitely worse than even having a negative opinion.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rush wrote: »
    She is very vanilla, no star quality at all. I'd take her over Jessie J though.

HA.

Jessie J isn't in the same league vocally/star quality as Pixie. Don't go there.
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    HA.

Jessie J isn't in the same league vocally/star quality as Pixie. Don't go there.

Oh please.

Jessie J is the biggest narcissist since Kanye West, full of her own self importance. She's always just being "real" and "genuine" and saving millions of lives by shaving her head. Remember when breaking her leg meant she could identify with disabled people? She's a faux bisexual (oh wait, she's straight now) screeching, over the top mess, singing Katy Perry rejects.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    I agree, some great songs from the first album.

A shame she isn't great at singing live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    She isn't anymore 'meh' than Jessie J, Cheryl Cole or Rita Ora. If someone else (other than her) writes her a catchy pop song, everyone will love her again. However, without my post sounding too critical, I did like a few of her earlier singles and hope she is successful, as her new single is ok to decent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her voice is one of the most irritating/awful singing voice I've had the displeasure of hearing.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rush wrote: »
    Oh please.

Jessie J is the biggest narcissist since Kanye West, full of her own self importance. She's always just being "real" and "genuine" and saving millions of lives by shaving her head. Remember when breaking her leg meant she could identify with disabled people? She's a faux bisexual (oh wait, she's straight now) screeching, over the top mess, singing Katy Perry rejects.

Preach.

Back to Pixie, her debut was fantastic but her 2nd album was sort of all over the place. She's become more of a singles artist than an album artist.