Options

iPhone 6 with big screen (leaked pictures "allegedly")

Comments

• Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    From what I read, fords next car will be the fastest selling car in history. Sounds a load of bollocks doesn't it?

Because it is.....

Dunno they sold 500 Mustangs in 30 secs during the Champions league final ;-)
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    You can't wait to get your hands on a phone you haven't even seen and is reportedly very different in size to the one your claiming is great based on its potential sales :o

What a peculiar comment to make, I never mentioned the size of the iPhone 5S, an I never claimed potential sales will make the phone great at all.

But I am looking forward to getting hold of the next iPhone an having a play with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That could be one of your invented criteria for iphone buyers as well, looks like I won't qualify unfortunately.

Still going on about 'criteria for iPhone owners', even though nobody but you has mentioned such a thing? Strange.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Criteria for buyers get it right but still posting pointless comments as per your agenda, very odd. Starting to think I have a stalker on here.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of Willy Wavers on this thread.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    I don't need to stop anything. I think most on here know what you are and what you do.[/I]

I think for the good of these discussions do. Post 940 was in no way argumentative, and your repeatedly crying 'argumentative' at the drop of a hat is getting ridiculous.

So what am I exactly? Who are "most people"?
    No, its not! I said most people don't pay for an iphone outright which is correct. So the cost of ownership and the rest of your twaddle is the real moot point.

If we were discussing the cost of owning a phone, then of course its relevant.
    I never once said you did....:confused: I responded to kidspud's bizarre and wrong comment about the well educated and well paid. You chimed in as always and here we are again.

The fact is, it was entirely incorrect.

Chiming in? You do realise this is a discussion forum, right?

It's only incorrect if you miss the point. Nobody said that iPhones are for rich, we'll educated people. All anyone said was that Apple target a particular demographic. Given that their products are more expensive than many, it reasonably follows that that demographic had a higher income.

None of which is to literally say that iPhones are for rich, we'll educated people, and not for anyone else.
    Because once again, here we are with you thinking you are correct and everyone else is always. Iphones are not for the well educated and well off. Just like the S5 isn't or the xperia z2 isn't. That was something started by an apple site years ago and sadly some halfwits still believe it!!

Everyone else is what? Wrong? Not sure about that - i'm pretty much agreeing with a few other posters. The most ridiculous thing posted was the line about IQ tests and income assesments.

No doubt you'll interpret this as an argument, when all I'm doing is trying to clear up the misunderstanding. I'm certainly not the one with the short fuse.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ain't the iPhone the new Blackberry?
    Even iMessage emulates the old Blackberry messenger.

Its a very very old business model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Behind that mixed headline stuff of allegiance falling, the 5c being number 2 seller in the UK again hints that they are all contract buyers.(it looks cheaper to make than even the Moto G, so I think its those £20 contracts getting all the sales)
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/30/impatient-iphone-users-switching-to-larger-screened-samsung-galaxy-s5

I half think the Big iPhone (I still do not think it will be called a 6) has to be more attractively contract priced like that 5c, at least past the xmas boom. Headline RRP will be same as the 5s, unless we get a sudden cross the board £100 drop to reflect the commodity prices situation.

I always thought all the increased leaks were designed to stem any small tide, as were the rumours of a June launch for the Apple phablets. I guess the graunIad headline can reflect resulting impatience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I find it strange that Apple admit "they don't have what customers want" well before the 5s launch yet still made no effort to offer what they wanted last year, odd.

I suppose that migration is a result of that, be very inteesting to see what this new 'big' screen from Apple offers to redress this above the existing screens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its almost as though some degree of planning goes into "making mobile phones", rather than companies pulling them out of a hat on demand.

I'm still not completely convinced that there is a direct correlation between sales of phones with larger screens and people wanting larger screens. I suspect a lot of it is down to people wanting high end phones, and a lot of those high end phones just happening to have a larger screen.

If, for example, there was a Samsung phone with an identical spec as the S5, but a smaller screen, then that would probably cannibalise some of the S5's sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I very much doubt a 4" s5 would sell too well.

But interesting, so you think Apple have got it wrong in their assertion "we don't offer what people want" then.

Have to see what this big iphone does for sales then.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Behind that mixed headline stuff of allegiance falling, the 5c being number 2 seller in the UK again hints that they are all contract buyers.(it looks cheaper to make than even the Moto G, so I think its those £20 contracts getting all the sales)
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/30/impatient-iphone-users-switching-to-larger-screened-samsung-galaxy-s5

I half think the Big iPhone (I still do not think it will be called a 6) has to be more attractively contract priced like that 5c, at least past the xmas boom. Headline RRP will be same as the 5s, unless we get a sudden cross the board £100 drop to reflect the commodity prices situation.

I always thought all the increased leaks were designed to stem any small tide, as were the rumours of a June launch for the Apple phablets. I guess the graunIad headline can reflect resulting impatience.

Personally I/m quite surprised the iPhone 5c is outselling the Galaxy S5 (in the UK). Considering 5c was widely castigated for being a flop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt a 4" s5 would sell too well.

But interesting, so you think Apple have got it wrong in their assertion "we don't offer what people want" then.

Have to see what this big iphone does for sales then.

I think if there was a 4" S5 it would interesting to see what the split was.

I think its perfectly likely a lot of people go to buy a top end phone, and get a phone with a large screen by virtue of the top end phones having large screens.

Than people going to get a phone with a large screen, and getting a top end phone by virtue of large screen phones being top end phones.

And given your general interest in phones, and their sales, its interesting that you haven't been posting about the 5C appearing to be doing reasonably well insomuch as its been outselling the S5 despite being @ six months older.

Who'd have thunk?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you do think apple have got it wrong then in producing a larger device?

All apple products sell will in UK :confused: in addition to massive price reductions and cheaper 8gb version. Your not now trying to say the 5c is doing well are you, having previously conceded it was 'disappointing'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you do think apple have got it wrong then in producing a larger device?

All apple products sell will in UK :confused: in addition to massive price reductions and cheaper 8gb version. Your not now trying to say the 5c is doing well are you, having previously conceded it was 'disappointing'

No - I'm sure there is some demand for larger screens.

All I'm saying is that just because people do buy phones with larger screens, I wouldn't be convinced that everyone buys them because they necessarily want a phone with that large a screen.

I'm not trying to say anything, except that given how much of a flop it was supposed to be, its surprising that it has been outselling the S5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »

All I'm saying is that just because people do buy phones with larger screens, I wouldn't be convinced that everyone buys them because they necessarily want a phone with that large a screen.

There's massive demand for larger screens IMHO - it's looking like even Apple are acknowledging that. It's a natural evolution as smartphones have gotten far more powerful and people are using them more and more. Heck, the top end smartphones are easily as powerful as many PCs. There are many people out there who do much of their day to day personal computing tasks on smartphones.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm not trying to say anything, except that given how much of a flop it was supposed to be, its surprising that it has been outselling the S5.

Well we will have to see if apple have indeed got this totally wing as you claim. My view is that they simply have to adapt although difficult after all their claims about the short comings of big screens.

But you may be right and apple are out of touch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that I've said there will be some demand for larger screens, how exactly have I claimed that "Apple have got this totally wrong"|? :confused:

I did not say there was no demand for larger screens.

I did say that you can't infer that everyone who buys a phone with a large screen bought it because they wanted a phone with a large screen.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    There's massive demand for larger screens
    I, for one out of I suspect many, am perfectly ok with the current iPhone screen size!

I am fine with them having an OPTION of a larger size - as long as it is an option!
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    I, for one out of I suspect many, am perfectly ok with the current iPhone screen size!

I am fine with them having an OPTION of a larger size - as long as it is an option!

The option will be to stick with your old iPhone :D

Apple fans don't like change. It could be a traumatic experience for some who may need counselling ;)

I moved from a BenQ E72 to a much larger Galaxy S2 and I was fine. I enjoyed the large screen and the world didn't end either.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I moved from a BenQ E72 to a much larger Galaxy S2 and I was fine. I enjoyed the large screen and the world didn't end either.
    Even Samsung recognise that the S5 (and S4 etc) are too big for many peoples pockets - and so have the "mini" versions!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do indeed and have the S5 Mini arriving soon too. It will take over from the S4 Mini as an alternative to the current iPhone.

Its that ancient concept called choice.
    :)
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Samsung recognise that the S5 (and S4 etc) are too big for many peoples pockets - and so have the "mini" versions!

Yes and the S4 mini is still bigger than any iPhone :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm fairly certain they'll keep a compact version. Possibly just keep selling the previous version. Or give it spec bump and rename it. Something to replace the 5c.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Given that I've said there will be some demand for larger screens, how exactly have I claimed that "Apple have got this totally wrong"|? :confused:
    I did not say there was no demand for larger screens.
    I did say that you can't infer that everyone who buys a phone with a large screen bought it because they wanted a phone with a large screen.

:confused: yes you said there is some demand for larger screens, you also said some demand for smaller screens. I am sure there would be some demand for 2" screens. However you said
    I'm still not completely convinced that there is a direct correlation between sales of phones with larger screens and people wanting larger screens. I suspect a lot of it is down to people wanting high end phones, and a lot of those high end phones just happening to have a larger screen.

Thereby saying that screen size is irrellevant and people want high end phones. Apple are producing a larger screen because they think it is what most people want. You are clearly saying it is not what they want nessecarily so Apples assertion that they do is wrong.

I fail to see why you now claim you are not saying Apple have it wrong, it's as if claiming apple is wrong is some sort of heresy :)