Options

Feeling guilty for having time off work

scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
Forum Member
✭✭
I've already had 2 weeks off due to a psychotic episode this month during which time a lot of work came through now I've got thrush and am already feeling antsy as a side effect of my meds and the itchiness is driving me mad so I know I wouldn't be able to sit there. At least at home I can do what I want and change positions if it gets too bad without looking like a weirdo but I still feel bad and I dislike day time tv so am bored too.

Comments

• Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off sick for thrush? Bloody hell! IMO yes, you should be feeling guilty - not for the previous time off sick, but definitely for this one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Off sick for thrush? Bloody hell!

Combination of that and my side effects from my meds. I feel really uncomfortable and would have to go to the toilet like every hour at least. I can't control the itchiness right now. I went and bought some canesten so am waiting for that to work.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Off sick for thrush? Bloody hell! IMO yes, you should be feeling guilty - not for the previous time off sick, but definitely for this one!

Its not just the thrush though, she said its making her anxious.

If you're not well OP its not your fault, you shouldn't feel guilty. Do you have the type of job where you could do some work from home maybe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    Its not just the thrush though, she said its making her anxious.

If you're not well OP its not your fault, you shouldn't feel guilty. Do you have the type of job where you could do some work from home maybe?

If I could I would but I don't think I can as I need access to the software which I don't have.

I feel like a neurotic mess right now.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear you're unwell. Speak to your line manager/HR dept and ask about working from home?