Am I the only one who believed Brian didn't know who Shakespeare was?

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Did he go to school in GB? I can't recall if we really discussed Shakespeare ... :o

Even so, there are so many Hollowood films out there - just to name "Shakespeare in love" :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believed that he genuinley didn't know, though it's hard to believe - Brian makes me laugh more than anyone in the house at the moment - Loved his diary room rant about the HMs after Seany had gone :D:D

What did he say - I didn't see that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm with you, I believe him. He believed Laura and Sheany when they spun the story about Irish and Welsh toilets remember.

I thought he was playing that up too. Who on earth would honestly believe anywhere in the UK doesn't have an electricity supply or uses a hole in the ground for a toilet?

Thickos always do well out of this show, fact.
    I have a 14 year old nephew who can spin you any old crap with a straight face. I wouldn't trust Brian as far as I could throw him. He's not that backward when you hear some of the things he comes out with.
  • Mad MaxMad Max Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovejoy26 wrote: »
    Uneducated or not, of course he's heard of Shakespeare. And all that bullsh*t about Wales.....please!! There are so many housemates now trying to copy the Goody act & playing the stupid card.

Totally agree... fed up of hm's who try and be others in past series.

He is well trying to do a Goody and if Charley does that whole Nicky routine one more time I'll scream!!!!:(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian's DR session: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGTM5TLgH4 Anyone who can watch that with a straight face has no sense of humour and may well be clinically dead :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian's DR session: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGTM5TLgH4 Anyone who can watch that with a straight face has no sense of humour and may well be clinically dead :D

I thought to myself when I asked, I bet Stentionhouse will come up trumps. YOU ARE A STAR! Thank you. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Heh heh heh, that was really funny. :D

I just youtubed Shakespeare and his stuff is pants, it weren't even in proper English. It was like it had been translated from some foreign language by a computer and all the words had got jumbled up. Prefer Brian. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh heh heh, that was really funny. :D

I just youtubed Shakespeare and his stuff is pants, it weren't even in proper English. It was like it had been translated from some foreign language by a computer and all the words had got jumbled up. Prefer Brian. :cool:

Some of the jokes are pants, I have to admit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    froglet wrote: »
    Some of the jokes are pants, I have to admit.

Yeah, that Shakerpeare's well rubbish. Bet he never paid much attention in school either, half his words just seem like made up gobbledegook. No wonder everyone's crap at everyfin and everyfink if this is the stupidness they teach in schools these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to see it done right, then it's not so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrxGIGtgO4
  • allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Yeah it don't make sense. Why would anyone want to try and look like Jade who made about 8 million quid from acting mega stupid? :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice when Brian used the word 'caress' when talking to Charley later on? Charley quite genuinly didn't know what it meant, but the fact that Brian used a word like that in conversation shows that he's not as dumb as he's acting.

OK I see your point about the money. But after all thats happened with Jade would anyone really try and be like her??

Now that would be Very Stupid!!!
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's my highlight of BB so far this year.

"Ohhh they're so horrible, all these people.....they're just.......I do not know what.......they're despicable, all these people.'

Absolutely brilliant. :D
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a charity shop this afternoon and 2 old age pensioners were discussing this!!! :D

They don't believe Brian - lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I think Brian was genuine! Look at the kind of stuff he comes out with:

"I fort we woz goin to Australia!" (when he found out about the caravan)

"Romeo? Int he dat guy outta So Solid Crew?" (About Romeo and Juliet)

There are many more, this guy makes me laugh every time I watch him! I guess he COULD be putting it on though.. anyone remember Doofie from Scary Movie? :cool:
  • puddypuddy Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe Brian - the HM's told him he was an old playwrite. Then Brian said "what does it have to do with a bloke that wrote plays trillions of years ago" (or something like that). No one had said it was that long ago, as in a couple of centuries or so. He knew him all right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    puddy wrote: »
    I don't believe Brian - the HM's told him he was an old playwrite. Then Brian said "what does it have to do with a bloke that wrote plays trillions of years ago" (or something like that). No one had said it was that long ago, as in a couple of centuries or so. He knew him all right.

Good point! On second thoughts, I think that Brian is genuinely a bit thick but plays up to it for the comedic value? As in, he's no Einstein and he probably lacks general knowledge and he may realise that stupidity is the main thing he has going for him in the house and use it to his advantage to make himself more endearing.

Slight parallels to Glyn maybe? (Although Glyn was naive rather than stupid)
  • micky1micky1 Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plant wrote: »
    Everyone does Shakespeare at school. There's no way he was genuine.

Hi not wanting to be picky but thats not true.:eek:

I grew up in Stratford upon avon, I didnt learn any Shakespeare at school we wernt taught any shakespeare.

The shakespeare i was taught was at night school when I did english lit A level.

Even now 17 years after leaving school Im still horrified that we were not taught the bard in his home town:eek:

I agree that everyone should be taught shakespeare :)
  • ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    froglet wrote: »
    I am in a minority of one so far as I can see. I can understand the reasons which people are giving for their disbelief, but I believed him- on first hearing at least.

I belived him , I genuinley think he's stupid. Look at the Laura/Seany , we have no electricity in Wales thing PMSL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    JonDoe wrote: »
    I can't believe it. ....Even if he'd somehow avoided it at school, Shakespeare pops up everywhere. He'd have to have spent his nineteen years with his fingers in his ears not to have come across the name.

I could believe that of Brian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    dunkan wrote: »
    I often watch stuff like Question Time, Culture Show, the odd arts programme, documentaries etc, and really Shakespeare is barely mentioned.

Do you think Brian watches the shows you've mentioned? I bet he watches cartoons and music videos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that looked pretty convincing in the diary room tonight.

If he was acting, he's dangerous.