What's so special about Lee?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I like the guy and I'm glad that he won, since Lucinda couldn't. As a person he is so much nicer than most of the others and he clearly works extremely hard and has a lot of drive and sales ability. He's a good guy and he deserves his place with SAS.

BUT........

Is that really enough to make up for the fact that his presentation skills are very weak (although improved) his confidence sometimes needs bolstering, his written language is very weak, and he is not all that articulate?

This is not a knocking thread. I accept that he has something special or he would not be where he is. SAS would certainly not have hired him. I just can't see what it is- especially when you remember that he is going to earn a six figure salary. Many people whose skills are very strong indeed in all areas earn a lot less than that.

So what is so special about Lee? I would genuinely like to know. Especially from people who have experience of business.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On face value, I can't see a great deal that makes him 'special' but, when thinking back on some of the tasks there were glimmers of a more grounded, perceptive person than we remember from the constant showing of 'that impression'.

I'm not convinced he was right for the job, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true. He was obviously cast as the rough diamond who was a bit of a geezer and as he was already apparently earning £78,000 before the show there was clearly a tad more to him than that. They should have shown it to us more clearly.
  • redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His voice doesn't irritate SAS as much as Clare's does (his face!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    His honesty and loyalty are his disarming features. And he's quite good at the stuff you can learn to be good at too. That's why I'd hire Lee.