I'm confused. What exactly am I meant to be voting for?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I meant to choose:

the best voice?
the one who gives me a good laugh?
the one who has had the hardest time and needs a break?
the one who looks cutest?
the one who has been nicest to the other contestants this week?
the one who sings the song that I like best?
the one who is mentored by my favourite judge?
the one who looks as if they want it most?
the one whose mum wants them to win most?
the one wearing the nicest frock/suit or whatever?
the one who "doesn't know how good they are" ?
the one who is most down to earth and ordinary?

I give up. :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I think its all a crapfest.

If you are interested in my opinion, just vote for whoever YOU like best on each live performance and dont over analyse why its the case. Don't worry about what anyone else says, go with what you like.

If you do that you are not wrong. No, not even if you vote for John and Edward. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. It just makes a nonsense of the whole thing when people have so many different reasons for voting. Not that any of the reasons are wrong- it just means that the results don't always make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member
    The one who has the most 'X Factor' apparently.....
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Whoever you find most entertaining and want to watch again.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    John and Edward I think. ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X factor being a combination of: a mentor who people like, a mum (or ideally grandma) who loves them to bits, a hard life, a dream to be famous, a fit body, an outgoing humble unthreatening down to earth personality,

and it probably helps if you can sing a bit.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what tonight has again shown is that the themed weeks is a mistake. I hadn't heard of over half of the songs from last night. Was it any wonder Danyl and Miss Frank were in the bottom two? Miss Frank's number was more like a half rap song than anything else. What proportion of the viewers of the X Factor actually listen to Big Band music? Why does Simon Cowell think that these themed eccentric weeks actually have any relevance to modern pop music today?

You don't hear the best pop groups nowadays singing "Big Band" music. It's all a bit of a circus to be honest. The contestants should be singing music that plays to their strengths every week that way the public are able to judge who is actually the best at what they are good at. They shouldn't be prescribed into singing songs that fit past bygones eras of music which are not that relevant today.

Sure Frank Sinatra was great in his heyday but did the likes of the Big Band singers from the past have to sing a rock song or a blues number to prove that they were capable of selling music? Simon Cowell has got it all wrong with the themed weeks he should look as that for the reason that Danyl was in the bottom two this week. We the viewers should be able to vote on the basis of the contestants being able to sing what they are good at end of story.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why all the "Screaming" for Michael Buble? singing a 50s ballard thats was way above their heads? or perhaps their told to.?
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    According to the new forum vibe it isn't a singing contest, so first off - put all notion of singing ability out of your head. It then becomes all about who "entertains" the most, like at a variety show down the pier.

Currently there's a pair of twins who wear colourful suits, and after Brian Friedman has spent a week of fun trying to teach them 'corrograffy' people like to watch their hapless uncoordinated efforts as they leap about like teenagers in a Rocky Horror musical. This apparently entertains people enough to keep them in while all the singers go home. To some people it's a right laff. If they make you laugh too then....they have the what the bleeding hEcks Facta.

Next year Uncle Louis will have all sorts of entertainers entering the A-Z Factor. I know a man who can swallow a goldfish and then regurgitate it, if I can get him to do that and sing a verse of a Westlife hit I reckon he'd win and get a recording contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    According to the new forum vibe it isn't a singing contest, so first off - put all notion of singing ability out of your head. It then becomes all about who "entertains" the most, like at a variety show down the pier.

Currently there's a pair of twins who wear colourful suits, and after Brian Friedman has spent a week of fun trying to teach them 'corrograffy' people like to watch their hapless uncoordinated efforts as they leap about like teenagers in a Rocky Horror musical. This apparently entertains people enough to keep them in while all the singers go home. To some people it's a right laff. If they make you laugh too then....they have the what the bleeding hEcks Facta.

Next year Uncle Louis will have all sorts of entertainers entering the A-Z Factor. I know a man who can swallow a goldfish and then regurgitate it, if I can get him to do that and sing a verse of a Westlife hit I reckon he'd win and get a recording contract.

LOL!!!!!! And i mean i seriouly lol-ed when reading that!!!!