Sky Anytime+ - Full 7 day catch up

jackzelouf1jackzelouf1 Posts: 74
Forum Member
I just saw this on the sky anytime site:

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/anytime-plus/

"Latest Sky Anytime+ news

Great news – we'll be launching a full 7 day catch up service later this year. You'll be able to catch up on the biggest shows from all the Sky channels – including Sky Sports – as well many of our other most popular channels.

And it gets even better – the complete ITV Player and BBC iPlayer will also be coming on board, giving you even more flexibility in how you watch your favourite TV. "

Does anyone know any more info about this?

Comments

• user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That does sound better that the random programme additions that have at he moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time, too. Virgin have had decent catchup for years and I'm surprised it's taken Sky so long to do so.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Hoping for 4OD & Demand 5 too
    That would be amazing.

Still good news though.

I have the "new EPG" but cant figure out how it is going to work as web based versions of the players are currently better than the clunky lists that Sky currently do.

Regards,

Dan.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Hoping for 4OD & Demand 5 too
    That would be amazing.

Still good news though.

I have the "new EPG" but cant figure out how it is going to work as web based versions of the players are currently better than the clunky lists that Sky currently do.

Regards,

Dan.
    I'm sorry but I totally disagree , I would much sooner use Anytime+ menus to find content over apps on the TV , I use the BBC Iplayer on my connected TV and whilst it's not a bad interface it can be sluggish at times and generally takes longer loading.
  • foxlafoxla Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    face-off wrote: »
    About time, too. Virgin have had decent catchup for years and I'm surprised it's taken Sky so long to do so.

I assume as cable is more stable and faster than ADSL which is only now in some parts of the country getting a decent 'speed' although not in this area:cry: and Virgin won't splash the cash to cable up areas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I'm more excited about the BBC iPlayer! I haven't used the current ITVplayer as I thought it was pants.

What are you guys thinking, October launch?
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DOGG wrote: »
    I'm more excited about the BBC iPlayer! I haven't used the current ITVplayer as I thought it was pants.

ITV player catchup is to arrive later in the year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jan/30/sky-anytime-bbc-iplayer-itv-player
    The full ITV Player seven-day catchup service allowing access to the latest episodes of shows such as Coronation Street and Emmerdale will follow later in the year.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an improvement. I hope they include stuff from History et al. I still won't use it very often but knowing that there's a 'backup' for if/when a recording fails is nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If ALL the channels had catchup on A+ we could stop paying the TV licence :D as we'd no longer need to watch live TV :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    If ALL the channels had catchup on A+ we could stop paying the TV licence :D as we'd no longer need to watch live TV :cool:
    If you have Sky+ HD you never need to watch live TV anyway. :confused:
  • bbvbbv Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    If you have Sky+ HD you never need to watch live TV anyway. :confused:

Doesn't recording live TV still require a licence though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbv wrote: »

Yes it does :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbv wrote: »
    anniebrion wrote: »
    Yes it does :(
    Ah, right.
  • Like_I_careLike_I_care Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Great news, and something I know I will use a lot.
  • SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,457
    Forum Member
    You'll be able to catch up on the biggest shows from all the Sky channels
    Have to say, that doesn't sound like "full 7-day catchup" to me, more like cherry-picking from their own channels.
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,763
    Forum Member
    SteveMcK wrote: »
    Have to say, that doesn't sound like "full 7-day catchup" to me, more like cherry-picking from their own channels.

So pretty much the same has it is now then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DOGG wrote: »

BBC iPlayer on Anytime+ was briefly mentioned on last weeks BBC Click program, they say it will be available in the Autumn.
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4od would be a great addition, but i can't say i'm confident, how long have we been waiting for Film4HD?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    DPM9876 wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer on Anytime+ was briefly mentioned on last weeks BBC Click program, they say it will be available in the Autumn.

I thought so! Sky seem to launch things around March or October!
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the thread for beta testers with new Amstrad boxes they are getting the BBC iplayer software in their next test download...with something like 1-2 months being mentioned as likely date.

They also say full download to Amstrad boxes will be fairly soonish because everyone loves it.

They also appear to be gearing up to offer beta testing on other boxes (ie Pace and Samsung). But it is likely full download of i player access will reach these boxes last unless you sign up to the beta test when/if Sky offer it.

All suggests October is about right for any general availability of full i player. At least if you have a newer Amstrad box,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I just saw this on the sky anytime site:

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/anytime-plus/

"Latest Sky Anytime+ news

Great news – we'll be launching a full 7 day catch up service later this year. You'll be able to catch up on the biggest shows from all the Sky channels – including Sky Sports – as well many of our other most popular channels.

And it gets even better – the complete ITV Player and BBC iPlayer will also be coming on board, giving you even more flexibility in how you watch your favourite TV. "

Does anyone know any more info about this?

This is just a guess, but I would assume that it going to be along the same lines as a forwards and backwards epg. Using anytime content linked to previous epg data.

This has been rumoured for the freesat g2 spec for a while and has just been added to the freeview hd dbook spec so I would presume the psbs are planning do it as well as sky.

Just a guess but makes sense as the current anytime iteration, even with the improvements from the beta are still a bit clunky.

Just a guess.

Nev
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do this. Sky anytime is only good for movies