Sky Shared Planner To Launch End Of This Month?

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
Sky Shared Planner To Launch End Of This Month?

As per article below

http://m.hotukdeals.com/misc/sky-shared-planner-launch-end-month-1469726?mforwarded=true

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news sky is always getting one step ahead of competitors well done sky so I have a question can I move program's from one box to another box
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, but iss there anything more concrete than a comment on HUKD?
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Will it still work if one is a 2TB Box and the other is a standard Amstrad Box?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm as its still in testing can programmes be moved from one box to another it would be good to have folders for recorded programmes
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    Actually - VM's TiVo have had this for a while.
    lee_w wrote: »
    Good news sky is always getting one step ahead of competitors well done sky so I have a question can I move program's from one box to another box
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right we'll I don't use VM
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    Actually - VM's TiVo have had this for a while.

Maybe, but they are limited in what they can stream.....

Also that link suggests that the information came from an 'operator'.

Short answer is, it won't be launched in February
  • spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Ok, say I have a Sky box that I only use as a 'Freeview' box, can I use this feature on said box?
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you don't really mean Freeview ?

If you mean a Sky box with no recording function,and no subscription then its doubtful,as it won't have any content to share
  • Tom123Tom123 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spearce8 wrote: »
    Ok, say I have a Sky box that I only use as a 'Freeview' box, can I use this feature on said box?

Highly doubtful. I think it's quite certain that planner sharing will only be available with an active multiroon subscription.
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely need a subscription and a compatible hd box is needed. And definitely not released to the public within the next 3 months
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have some posts been deleted?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2012/0089997.html

Found this by chance, interestingly it talks about sharing with pcs running windows connect..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well last year the Sky Guide Connect PC app was temporarily available which allowed a PC to view the box planner & add recordings, but no playback - so it's certainly being tested.

As confirmed yesterday the shared planner is being tested at the moment as well.
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Do you think the Shared Planner will work if one box is a standard amstrad HD box and the other a 2TB box?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    Do you think the Shared Planner will work if one box is a standard amstrad HD box and the other a 2TB box?

It should not matter as long as both boxes have the latest software.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd assume any box with Ethernet was compatible aside from the Thomson boxes but then again Sky claimed the Thomson boxes were "future proof" and we all know how that one turned out.

Given that posts have been deleted from this thread which confirmed the service it must mean its currently being beta tested - just like the catch up thread, someone posts something which confirms things and the posts get deleted.
  • spoonsspoons Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    It should also be possible to use the iOS app to watch on your ipad or iPhone stuff that is in your planner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    spoons wrote: »
    It should also be possible to use the iOS app to watch on your ipad or iPhone stuff that is in your planner.

Do you think that will be local access only? Or also when away from home like a "cloud pvr"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it'll only be LAN otherwise support would have to take calls from people who's upload isn't good enough to stream it.
  • spoonsspoons Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Local only I guess.
  • pete32pete32 Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Why are posts being deleted? Is DS now run by Sky? Have any forum rules been broken? Has there been any illegal discussions on here? Is this China or Europe? Please explain and don't delete.
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete32 wrote: »
    Why are posts being deleted? Is DS now run by Sky? Have any forum rules been broken? Has there been any illegal discussions on here? Is this China or Europe? Please explain and don't delete.

Because people in the know have divulged too much information and that's a no no.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete32 wrote: »

Illegal? Not exactly. Breaking of NDA's...yes, quite possibly. Comparing deleting of a few posts off an internet forum to an oppressive regime is quite frankly laughable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's always going to happen when you use members of the public for testing, there's always one or two who have to mention things.