Options

When and why did you last Cry? (lads especially)

irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
Forum Member
✭✭
Openly crying when your a lad is usually seen as being a bit weak and not manly...

Personally it was about 6 weeks ago at my grandmother's funeral - it was the first time in years that anyone has seen me cry. It was just before the coffin was closed during the final prayer (I just realised that this was it - after 22 years of this woman looking after me I would never see her again) and I broke down.... I could feel it coming gradually and I could not stop it, it was so strange for people to see me crying I set the rest of the funeral home off :o

When and why was the last time you cried?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a few weeks ago watching prayers for bobby
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum's funeral :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my dog died.
  • Options
    simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

Same here (back in March) and several times since thinking about her. Shit isn't it :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chopped an onion earlier. Like. A. Baby.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum's funeral... when the coffin went behind the curtain... and then she was gone :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else feel slightly ashamed of crying after? ...I was very embarrassed after in happened because I usually would not be like that. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Ah ya them things are a fooking terror ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Did anyone else feel slightly ashamed of crying after? ...I was very embarrassed after in happened because I usually would not be like that. :o

Yep - it's quite common and although you may feel embarrassed, I doubt not one other person is laughing at you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonp820 wrote: »
    Yep - it's quite common and although you may feel embarrassed, I doubt not one other person is laughing at you.
    No definitely not laughing... it was the first time I have ever seen my Uncle cry too and he would not usually show emotion at all in any shape or form.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few weeks ago I had a really bad call at work and I had to go to the restroom after it as I was welling up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few weeks ago I had a really bad call at work and I had to go to the restroom after it as I was welling up.
    Hope it worked out in the end for ya.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No definitely not laughing... it was the first time I have ever seen my Uncle cry too and he would not usually show emotion at all.

I've lost count of how many times I cried openly during Mum's illness/death/funeral in front of people I've known all my life, nurses, work colleagues. TBH I didn't really care.

I found it strange that my brother never cried once ... until the minute she passed away in the hospice when he burst into tears too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it worked out in the end for ya.

I told the bastard I was passing his details to my manager for a call back and didn't bother my arse :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've lost count of how many times I cried openly during Mum's illness/death/funeral in front of people I've known all my life, nurses, work colleagues. TBH I didn't really care.

I found it strange that my brother never cried once ... until the minute she passed away in the hospice when he burst into tears too.
    I suppose people deal with grief differently, he was probably breaking down inside... I actually didn't cry when my grandmother actually died, I had said my goodbyes the day before when I sat and talked with her alone for about 4 hours - I had prepared myself mentally that she was almost gone... but it was the closing of the coffin really got me in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I told the bastard I was passing his details to my manager for a call back and didn't bother my arse :D
    Why what happened on the phone? :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite often actually:o
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Same here (back in March) and several times since thinking about her. Shit isn't it :(
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    My mum's funeral... when the coffin went behind the curtain... and then she was gone :cry:

Awww....I'm so sorry. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Openly crying when your a lad is usually seen as being a bit weak and not manly...

Personally it was about 6 weeks ago at my grandmother's funeral - it was the first time in years that anyone has seen me cry. It was just before the coffin was closed during the final prayer (I just realised that this was it - after 22 years of this woman looking after me I would never see her again) and I broke down.... I could feel it coming gradually and I could not stop it, it was so strange for people to see me crying I set the rest of the funeral home off :o

When and why was the last time you cried?

I don't agree.

I'm as soft as shite and have cried recently at some youtube videos.

I cried recently when I had to leave my dog for an operation at the vets.

I am a softie:D

Sorry for all those that have lost loved ones recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I don't agree.

I'm as soft as shite and have cried recently at some youtube videos.

I cried recently when I had to leave my dog for an operation at the vets.

I am a softie:D
    In general though it is looked down upon, not saying its right or anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why what happened on the phone? :)

He lost the plot because I had to escalate a ticket to the next level and wanted to talk to my manager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He lost the plot because I had to escalate a ticket to the next level and wanted to talk to my manager.
    Ah why didn't you let him off? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In general though it is looked down upon, not saying its right or anything.

You're probably right but it shouldn't be.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    ylomyloh wrote: »

Try wearing swimming goggles it works for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    You're probably right but it shouldn't be.
    No I agree, although I did feel very embarrassed for some reason after I did it :o