When and why did you last Cry? (lads especially)

Comments

• Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During Ramadan, when I was praying to God and asking for forgiveness.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was reading this thread! :(
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    I suppose people deal with grief differently, he was probably breaking down inside... I actually didn't cry when my grandmother actually died, I had said my goodbyes the day before when I sat and talked with her alone for about 4 hours - I had prepared myself mentally that she was almost gone... but it was the closing of the coffin really got me in the end.

Very true. It's something I felt so bad about with my Gran and had to make my peace with. We found out my Gran had terminal cancer and a few weeks later she passed away. It was all so quick and surreal and I built up such a wall that I don't think I've ever let it out. I didn't cry when we found out or in the weeks before she died or at her funeral. I felt so terrible about it. Like I wasn't normal, even though it killed me inside and broke my heart.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    When both of my Nan's passed away within the space of 11 weeks of each other a few months back:(
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    yesterday, cryed myself to sleep, am doing that alot these days
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When both of my Nan's passed away within the space of 11 weeks of each other a few months back:(
    Ah god that must have been very hard :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was reading this thread! :(
    Awww.... :)
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Ah god that must have been very hard :(

Yeah my nan was terminally ill with cancer so I kind of prepared myself, my other nan went downhill quickly, fell over, went into a coma, then never woke up:(

Sorry to hear of your loss too:(
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my grandfather died earlier this year.

I volunteered and wanted to read the euolgy, it was sort of a joint effort with my parents and OH helping to write it.

I hate public speaking, but it was something I wanted to do, so on the morning of the service, suited up, I was practicing alone at the end of the the garden, whilst the tribe were busy preparing the final details for the wake, etc.

Reading and speaking what we, as a family had put together as a final tribute totally got to me, and I blubbed like a baby.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few hours ago. I unintentionally hurt someone's feelings and felt pretty bad about it.
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Openly crying when your a lad is usually seen as being a bit weak and not manly...

Personally it was about 6 weeks ago at my grandmother's funeral - it was the first time in years that anyone has seen me cry. It was just before the coffin was closed during the final prayer (I just realised that this was it - after 22 years of this woman looking after me I would never see her again) and I broke down.... I could feel it coming gradually and I could not stop it, it was so strange for people to see me crying I set the rest of the funeral home off :o

When and why was the last time you cried?

Nowt wrong with crying at times of bereavement like these.

However men crying over something silly like splitting with a girlfriend is shameful. Get some nuts!
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a rough patch in our marriage a couple of years ago and I was on the verge of walking out, fortunately we worked through it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

However men crying over something silly like splitting with a girlfriend is shameful. Get some nuts!
    Well hardly shameful, they might have split for a variety of different reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah my nan was terminally ill with cancer so I kind of prepared myself, my other nan went downhill quickly, fell over, went into a coma, then never woke up:(

Sorry to hear of your loss too:(
    I would think sudden would be much worse because at least you can say your goodbyes and prepare for someone you love dying over a period of time.... Sudden deaths must be like a punch in your side.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

So you split with a girl and your first thought is I want some nuts

I knew I was right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I knew I was right

Ahahaha!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few months ago, I was at the funeral of the sister of a good friend of mine. Seeing him so upset made me upset aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    A few months ago, I was at the funeral of the sister of a good friend of mine. Seeing him so upset made me upset aswell.
    Agree with that, It can be very hard too to see people you know well or care about get upset.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week on the phone to the Student Loans prats. Who still haven't paid my son out after nearly 4 weeks.
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I knew I was right

Sorry James, I am happily married - have been 15 years.

There are plenty of other sites for you to go to if you want that kind of thing.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sorry James, I am happily married - have been 15 years.

There are plenty of other sites for you to go to if you want that kind of thing.

So what most get married to hide it just ask Michael Barrymore

PS The wife always knows
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried this week when I took flowers to the crem on the anniversary of my Dad's death.

I also cry quite a bit at times because of the pain I am constantly in. Most of the time, I can put up with it, but sometimes, it just gets too much and the tears just come.
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No rhyme or reason really , stuff that people weep buckets at can leave me cold, but something unassuming and mundane can click my tear ducts.

The Cancer Awareness TV advert where strangers rush to catch falling people gets me everytime, and I don't know why.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    It was about a month ago when a few things that had been bubbling away for a while suddenly got a little too much and the frustration needed to come out. I think it was the music I was listening to at the time that got me going. I definitely felt a lot better afterwards, though I must have looked a right sight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Seems like a bit of a lame reason compared to everyone else losing loved ones and such. But I cried earlier whilst watching the Glee tribute to Cory Monteith who died recently.