Options

Which couples are the closest?

MistyFashionMistyFashion Posts: 104
Forum Member
I know this might sound a bit weird, but I like seeing the friendships between the pros and their celebrity partners growing over the course of the series. It just adds something special to their dancing. For me, I think Susanna & Kevin and Mark & Iveta are the ones who are the closest friends. Whereas I feel that for Natalie & Artem (although I enjoy their dancing) it doesn't seem as if they have a proper laugh in training.

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dave and Karen are pretty close and will stay firm friends when Strictly ends
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I also think Haurley Davison & Marketa are actually close.
    I suspect Debra & Robin will stay closely in touch. Whatever else I think of Robin, I feel he is a gem of a friend to have.
    The rest are just show buddies...
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of the people still in, I would hazard a guess that Mark/Iveta, Ashley/Ola and Abbey/Aljaz are the closest. I don't think any of the rest don't get on, but if they're super-tight then I don't quite see it.
  • Options
    LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I think Dave and Karen will have a lasting friendship. To me most of the remaining couples have lovely bonds, though both Brendan & Sophie and Artem & Natalie seem a bit more business-oriented. Solid partnerships but not particularly affectionate or buddy-buddy.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley seems to like giving Ola a good grope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Of the people still in, I would hazard a guess that Mark/Iveta, Ashley/Ola and Abbey/Aljaz are the closest. I don't think any of the rest don't get on, but if they're super-tight then I don't quite see it.

Yes Ola again is someone who like Robin seems to create true bond with her partners.
    If Abbey is close with Aljaz its more due to her efforts my guess...
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aljaz is, generally, pretty inscrutable. I guess it's the opposite of someone like Susanna, where because she's so effusive about everything, it becomes hard to tell what's genuine. I think Aljaz could probably win the Euromillions and be back on FIFA 5 minutes later.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark & Iveta, Abbey & Aljaz, Susanna & Kevin, Dave & Karen and Natalie & Artem (They were together at the BAFTA children's awards and always seem to laugh a lot, plus Artem seems more relaxed around Natalie than he was even with Holly).
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really can't tell these things through the telly! Plus, some of the celebs are actresses. The video clips are edited to extinction. It's exceptionally hard to dance well with a partner you don't get on with. The hardest thing the celebs have to get used to is the close contact. After that, what you might see as intimacy or a great friendship is really what dancing with someone just is !
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I imagine commitment to a partner would be essential if you expect to be thrown around (and caught) in a routine, so the potential of a long term friendship is there because of the training.
  • Options
    SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Susanna and Kevin seem to be friendly, Mark and Ivetta as well. If Sophie retreats much more from Brendan she will be in another room. In fact I think she would prefer that.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression that Anya and Patrick are close as are Abbey and Aljaz but my favourite friendship us between mark and iveta, they seem to really care for each other.
  • Options
    TerriAnnTerriAnn Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I know this might sound a bit weird, but I like seeing the friendships between the pros and their celebrity partners growing over the course of the series. It just adds something special to their dancing. For me, I think Susanna & Kevin and Mark & Iveta are the ones who are the closest friends. Whereas I feel that for Natalie & Artem (although I enjoy their dancing) it doesn't seem as if they have a proper laugh in training.
    I agree with Susanna & Kevin and Mark & Iveta being the closest, and also Natalie & Artem being the least, but i would also add Sophie and Brendan to that list
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    You really can't tell these things through the telly! Plus, some of the celebs are actresses. The video clips are edited to extinction. It's exceptionally hard to dance well with a partner you don't get on with. The hardest thing the celebs have to get used to is the close contact. After that, what you might see as intimacy or a great friendship is really what dancing with someone just is !

Sorry to be thick Cheryl :o
    do you mean it's just dancing and not really a friendship.
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The couples I look forward to seeing the most are Mark & Iveta, Ashley & Ola, and Suzanna & Kevin. I enjoy all their screen time.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I think Patrick and Anya are close and Mark and Iveta very good buddies.
  • Options
    jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Loved that Marks wife bought Iveta flowers when she visited them at the training room.
    And I think Iveta or Kevin said Mark, Mrs. Benton, Kevin, Karen, Susanna, Dave and Iveta went for a meal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Love Mark and Ivetta, he said his family were now her family as hers is abroad. Karen and Dave were so sweet together. Susanna and Kevin laugh a lot. And I think a Brendan and Sophie are absolutely fine, neither personality are that effusive and it makes a nice contrast.

In fact I don't think there are any couples who don't get on.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh this thread is going to be really interesting :D:D:p

Anyways , the closest couples imo are :
    1 -Mark and Iveta
    2 -Abbey and Aljaz

ALL of the rest of the couples have a good relationship I guess but those 2 couples strike me as having the most chemistry together :cool:.
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Aljaz is, generally, pretty inscrutable. I guess it's the opposite of someone like Susanna, where because she's so effusive about everything, it becomes hard to tell what's genuine. I think Aljaz could probably win the Euromillions and be back on FIFA 5 minutes later.

Lol I love your analogy and agree. He reminds me very much of Pasha another one who plays his cards close to his chest.

Susanna is so OTT she drives me up the wall. She always seems to come out with the "correct" thing to say she sounds so fake. As for her gurning stick a loo seat over her head and she would be world champion in it.
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say in no particular order
    Abbey and Aljaz - share same sense of humour, very supportive and great chemistry
    Mark and Iveta - laugh all the time Iveta loves it when Mark impersonates her
    Susanna and Kevin - get on great with respective partners
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol I love your analogy and agree. He reminds me very much of Pasha another one who plays his cards close to his chest.

Susanna is so OTT she drives me up the wall. She always seems to come out with the "correct" thing to say she sounds so fake. As for her gurning stick a loo seat over her head and she would be world champion in it.

BIB... That's what I was thinking... :D
  • Options
    sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of a long lasting ACTUAL friendship, then I would say Anton and Fiona. Somehow I can imagine them having cocoa on the sofa watching old Fred and Ginger films.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im glad that you mentioned that Stef ;):) because I was just thinking that he (Aljaz) reminds me a lot of how Pasha was with Chelsee during his first year ;):cool:.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley and Ola.