Options

Official ITV Dancing on Ice website

*Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
Forum Member
✭✭
I've never thought ITV have done a good job with their website for DOI, but it really is a joke that you have to sit through three adverts before watching each contestant's introduction clip. I've almost lost the will to live, and have given up on watching them all, as was my original plan.

The website should be a tool to promote the show, especially in the early days, not just a revenue gathering opportunity.

What's worse is that it seems to be the same adverts with each clip. I already have a freeview box that can pause and rewind and watching the advert another ten times won't make me buy another one!

Comments

• Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perennial problem with the ITV website.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I normally find it fairly dreadful, but most of the time the adverts are preceeding sections of tv shows that are at least 10 minutes long. Even when it's clips from the show, there are several minutes worth of footage as a reward for sitting through the ads.

These introduction clips are supposed to be to help introduce us to the contestants and to promote the show. It's in their interests to have more people watching the clips, so they take an interest in the show and might come back in the future to watch the behind the scenes clips, which they can litter with ads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've removed Sylvain from there now anyway. Hope it avoids at least a little confusion!
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The official site has always been rubbish. The adverts are very annoying, and the videos are painfully slow to load sometimes anyway .. I don't have the patience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    What a mess. I thought I was the only one who was finding this site useless. Why do developers nearly always upgrade things without user testing?