Coca cola price rise

Comments

• jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asda are currently doing 30 cans for £9.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco have 2l bottles of Coke for £1 and 2l bottles of Pepsi for 99p.

I'll happily drink either of those, I don't like the cheap own brand stuff though. If Coke have stopped doing the 2l bottles I'll just move to Pepsi. I never buy cans because they're far too small, a few mouthfuls and it's all gone.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coca Cola or Pepsi for me whatever tge price.

I bought 8 cans of Tesco Cola the week for £1.50, it was like Drinking fizzy unflavoured water
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we all did that would soon drop there prices. I imagine sales must be down a bit.

Don't Coca Cola also make the likes of Dr Pepper drinks have they also gone up?

No. Dr Pepper is part of the Dr Pepper-Snapple Group.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheaper is Savers for Coca Cola, 39p per can, The bottles don't taste right through.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    According to Wiki, how reliable I'm not sure, Dr Pepper is produced by the Coca-Cola Company in Europe.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Wiki, how reliable I'm not sure, Dr Pepper is produced by the Coca-Cola Company in Europe.

So it is! And bottled by Schweppes in other parts of Europe.

The Snapple people should expand their reach. Their diet peach iced tea is awesome.
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that holidays are coming Christmas truck doesn't run on fresh air you know. Got to pay for it somehow ;-) :-P
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheaper is Savers for Coca Cola, 39p per can, The bottles don't taste right through.

They also sell bottles of Pepsi for 39p which is 22p cheaper than the Poundshop deal if you buy two. :)
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2L bottles aren't making a profit any more. Coca cola probably had two options to avoid making a loss - up the price or make the bottles smaller.

This way, people can still buy a bottle of Coke for the nice round amount of £1 in your local supermarket, rather than £1.39 or something. And when people are budgeting their shopping to the penny these days, it makes sense to keep prices the same.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2L bottles aren't making a profit any more. Coca cola probably had two options to avoid making a loss - up the price or make the bottles smaller.

This way, people can still buy a bottle of Coke for the nice round amount of £1 in your local supermarket, rather than £1.39 or something. And when people are budgeting their shopping to the penny these days, it makes sense to keep prices the same.

Don't get me wrong I like the new size as the 2l bottles unless you use them in a day are flat at the bottom and it gets binned anyway. Less waste with the new size.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    Cans were 50p and 500ml bottles were 75p when I was a kid. Coca cola is "the brand" of course it will be more expensive.

It's that thinking like this that allows things like the recent rip off reduction of 2L to 1.75L. Pepsi is a major brand. It has a lot more special offers than Coke.
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    Now £1 or more for the 1.75l rather than the two. Noticed in Poundland it's it's just 'two cans' for £1. How come it's the most expensive soft drink and do they charge as much in shops in Europe and the US? I know cash and carrys sell juice quite cheap so it must cost about less than a half a penny to make. Maybe 1p for the plastic bottle maybe somebody would have an accurate figure?

Supermarkets do soft drinks cheaper so I reckon these big companies are conning us with the high prices.

Also what's the most you have ever paid for a can? I'm sure some snack bars charge £3 a can at big events.

Can't remember about the rest of Europe as I haven't been for a couple of years. I've been to the US very recently and surprisingly it's not much cheaper. A bottle (think it is 590ml there) is $2 or more in a vending machine. Cans are about $1.50.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong I like the new size as the 2l bottles unless you use them in a day are flat at the bottom and it gets binned anyway. Less waste with the new size.

I've noticed a couple of other people saying this in other threads and I don't understand. If it's going flat in a day do you keep it out of the fridge with the lid off or something? The two litre bottles keep their fizz for a 3-4 days at least. You can only get 4 glasses out of a 2 litre bottle anyway so I don't really understand how you'd need one for longer than 3/4 days anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It's that thinking like this that allows things like the recent rip off reduction of 2L to 1.75L. Pepsi is a major brand. It has a lot more special offers than Coke.

If coke and Pepsi were the same price, More will go for coke.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prices at the supermarket we use vary a lot. We tend to wait for the offers and stock up.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The raw costs of pop are next to nothing and if you really want it cheap by the syrup and the gear to produce it yourself, but when you turn up at a shop remember to factor in VAT, lighting, transport costs,marketing and some profits alongside the insurance/business rates and all the little things like that
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my local Nisa shop cans of Coke and Pepsi are 75p small bottles are £1.40
    But in my local morrisons you can be an 8 cans of Pepsi for £2 and small bottles are £1.25
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now £1 or more for the 1.75l rather than the two. Noticed in Poundland it's it's just 'two cans' for £1. How come it's the most expensive soft drink and do they charge as much in shops in Europe and the US? I know cash and carrys sell juice quite cheap so it must cost about less than a half a penny to make. Maybe 1p for the plastic bottle maybe somebody would have an accurate figure?

Supermarkets do soft drinks cheaper so I reckon these big companies are conning us with the high prices.

Also what's the most you have ever paid for a can? I'm sure some snack bars charge £3 a can at big events.

`Maybe` you should ask them not us.:D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    dale0693 wrote: »
    In my local Nisa shop cans of Coke and Pepsi are 75p small bottles are £1.40
    But in my local morrisons you can be an 8 cans of Pepsi for £2 and small bottles are £1.25

To be fair Nisa are a rip off. In local shops it costs 60p for a 330ml, 45p for a 250ml and £1 for a 500ml of Coca Cola.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't pay more then 60p for a can or £1.00 for a bottle.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Should have a look in B&M and Home Bargains. 500ml bottle of Pepsi, 49p in B&M and 45p in HB. 1L bottle 99p. I don't drink Coke but it's the same price I think. They've got the Pepsi Max and all the sugar free ones as well and the canned versions. Always in stock.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Eighties, a can of Coca Cola was twenty pence.

I was about to say, in the 80s I could get a marathon and a can of coke for 40p at my local shop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've switched to Pepsi for the reason lots of places have offers, 2 500ml bottles for £1 such as Poundland. I got a 500ml bottle of Pepsi max in Savers this morning for 39p, it was in date, It was however from Holland, but it tasted fine.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't drink it anyway so I am unaffected :p