4K Content

Does anyone know what has happened to the 4K content on Netflix, I have a 4k Samsung UHD tv and had 4K content until a couple of weeks ago now its disappeared! can't find any info on the web about changes etc. :(

Comments

• MaccaMacca Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuall wrote: »
    Does anyone know what has happened to the 4K content on Netflix, I have a 4k Samsung UHD tv and had 4K content until a couple of weeks ago now its disappeared! can't find any info on the web about changes etc. :(

Have you upgraded your subscription on Netflix? They are now charging an extra £3 if you want the 4K content.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I've got a lg 4k tv and Netflix uhd content is still working fine, I haven't had to upgrade my account, as the higher fee is for new 4k subscribers I believe. I did recently have an app update. They've just added a new series to the 4k section aswell :)
  • JARVJARV Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is for new 4K customers, I had my new 4K TV delivered last Monday couldn't see the 4k content until I upgraded my subscription
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the 4K content any good ? Is there a noticeable difference when streamimg over say Netflix 1080p.

I see Amazon Instant 4K is available in the UK although currently only on select Sony 4K TV's however this will be expanded to certain Samsung and LG sets in 2015.
    Forum Member
    Is the 4K content any good ? Is there a noticeable difference when streamimg over say Netflix 1080p.

I see Amazon Instant 4K is available in the UK although currently only on select Sony 4K TV's however this will be expanded to certain Samsung and LG sets in 2015.

If either your screen is big enough, or your sit close enough some 4k content can be absolutely stunning! The early stuff that's been converted from film doesn't seem brilliant to me, a marginal improvement from 1080 maybe... but the latest stuff shot on red 5k cameras is pretty amazing. Marco Polo on Netflix really is pretty special. I'm very much looking forward to what high bit rate 4k bluray will look like.

My Amazon app has been updated for hevc content, but as you say, Sony is the only one with live 4k content from Amazon currently.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does 4K stream okay? I'd have thought the huge amount of data would mean a long wait for programmes to start plus a lot of buffering.
    Forum Member
    On my broadband connection (76mbps ish) it generally takes anywhere between 2-10 seconds to buffer before playing uhd content with Netflix, although it seems less on Amazon uhd content.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avit_now wrote: »
    On my broadband connection (76mbps ish) it generally takes anywhere between 2-10 seconds to buffer before playing uhd content with Netflix, although it seems less on Amazon uhd content.

Wow! That's plenty quick enough - thx for answering.