Live episodes with a 'reveal' -something I don't understand

AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry if this has been asked before but anyway...

So, regarding EE, many of the cast have said that they had no idea who the Lucy's murderer was until it was revealed in the live episodes.
But, surely in the episodes that follow next week (which will have been precorded months ago) characters like Ian and Jane will be discussing the fact that Bobby killed her? So, surely it would have been in the scripts a while back that Bobby was the murderer? Or are they just not going to mention it again? Or will any subsequent scenes discussing it just be hastily recorded now?

I suppose this could be also relate to all live episodes of soaps where a 'reveal' is made that the cast don't know about beforehand.
How does this work then regarding the scripts for the following pre - recorded episodes?

Comments

• D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they'll just have Ian and Jane sulking around without mentioning it.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the Beales have all known since before Christmas (other than Bobby). As Adam said on GN, the scripts are censored so he didn't know how big a role Danny had in the live week, and vice versa Danny didn't know Adam's part.

We've seen from last night's episode that they've decided to protect Bobby from the truth and so it can be discussed within the Beale family but, since they don't want anyone else to know, it doesn't need to have been told to other cast members.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but anyway...

So, regarding EE, many of the cast have said that they had no idea who the Lucy's murderer was until it was revealed in the live episodes.
    But, surely in the episodes that follow next week (which will have been precorded months ago) characters like Ian and Jane will be discussing the fact that Bobby killed her? So, surely it would have been in the scripts a while back that Bobby was the murderer? Or are they just not going to mention it again? Or will any subsequent scenes discussing it just be hastily recorded now?

I suppose this could be also relate to all live episodes of soaps where a 'reveal' is made that the cast don't know about beforehand.
    How does this work then regarding the scripts for the following pre - recorded episodes?

I guess that's the end of the Lucy storyline. No more mention of it again.
  • Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With zoe ball last night, Ben said he found out before Christmas so probably around the time he got scripts for him leaving, so when filming he has an understanding why his character is going and not to jail!!

I imagine the Beales will be slightly in the shadows for a few weeks and the other option is next week they film a few scenes to fit into what has already been done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that there will be a focus on Peter leaving saying cryptic things like 'I cant deal with this' 'I can't stay here, I've got to go' 'its wrong for me to be here' to lauren & maybe Ian & Jane & Cindy...The actors when filming may have thought it was because peter had killed lucy.

possibly if Jane & Ian knew they may have filmed scenes on a closed set, or they may have crypic lines too 'Has peter gone to the police?' 'What are we going to do now?' 'How can we move on from this?'

all the time no one saying 'Bobby killed lucy' in a sentance...

OR they may spend this week with the Beales filming some scene that will be edited in quickly so in each episode it is mentioned once....my guess is that IF the police get involved it will be in about 5 weeks time when proper filming from today catches up with screening on TV.

We now know that people knew & either they kept the secret well or the press did...'Bobbys' dad knew, Ian knew etc.