more realistic police in EE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
Forum Member
Ok after the fall out of who killed Lucy who would prefer in different storylines to have more realistic and consistent police.. ok I no its soapland but still for those type of storylines to work things need to be consistent and the policing was not.. wouldn't of there been dna on lucy from Jane? Wouldn't of there been suspicion as to why she was cleaning out her car? If Jane kissed her goodbye wouldn't there have been dna from that? I suppose the list is endless. Am sorry if there's already a thread on this plus I'm kinda new here so a big wave and hi to all :)

Comments

• c120701c120701 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    09claire09 wrote: »
    Ok after the fall out of who killed Lucy who would prefer in different storylines to have more realistic and consistent police.. ok I no its soapland but still for those type of storylines to work things need to be consistent and the policing was not.. wouldn't of there been dna on lucy from Jane? Wouldn't of there been suspicion as to why she was cleaning out her car? If Jane kissed her goodbye wouldn't there have been dna from that? I suppose the list is endless. Am sorry if there's already a thread on this plus I'm kinda new here so a big wave and hi to all :)

Well the cleaning of the car kind of made sense as she was taking Bobby away, people often clear out a car before a longer than normal journey, particularly when taking luggage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Fair point but it was a murder investigation everybody was a suspect to me that's suspicious behavior.. I would just like to see a bit more of a realistic approach from the police.. for me it was these little things in the story that let it down
  • iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wouldn't be surprising for Lucy's stepmum's DNA to be on her. Jane could have kissed and hugged Lucy at any time.

What I'm unclear about is why no blood was found in the Beale living room and on the rug. Where is the rug now?
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    iveivan wrote: »
    It wouldn't be surprising for Lucy's stepmum's DNA to be on her. Jane could have kissed and hugged Lucy at any time.

What I'm unclear about is why no blood was found in the Beale living room and on the rug. Where is the rug now?

If it was trauma to the head, the bleed would have been inside her brain. She was lying there for about 10-15 minutes which isn't enough time for her to start bleeding out of the ear.
  • CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member

Jane was Lucy's step-mum, basically her Mum so of course her DNA would have been on Lucy.

My neighbour cleaned out his car today, should I phone the police?
    Forum Member
    I don't no was there recent murder that your neighbour has been connected to?
    Forum Member
    Alls my point is. Is that dtc had made so much time and effort with this storyline it's Shame he didn't put that much time and effort into the police side of things in my own opinion it's been a joke from start to finish.. the actual storyline I think has been amazing but apart from the police aspect of things
  • CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Alls my point is. Is that dtc had made so much time and effort with this storyline it's Shame he didn't put that much time and effort into the police side of things in my own opinion it's been a joke from start to finish.. the actual storyline I think has been amazing but apart from the police aspect of things

It would have been pretty boring if the police had found the killer a week after the killing.

Like you said yourself it's 'Soapland'.
    Forum Member
    Of course it's soapland as I've said so myself and you have kindly pointed that out.. but again I can't get how someone can make Jane and Bobby into master criminals over night.. so now Jane is an expert in hiding and concealing a body wich I'm assuming it's the first time she has done it. On her first rushed and paniked attempt that the police and forensics couldn't pick up on one thing that led it back to her.. obviously who wants a 'who dunit' to last a week yes it would be boring but that doesn't mean that the police had to be complete and utter thick and useless