Celebrities for 2013?

Comments

• strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet street porter would be funny! She is very witty!
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet street porter would be funny! She is very witty!

Yes Janet would be an absolute delight on the show
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    No names yet in the press and it's gone midnight.

BBC are doing a fantastic job of keeping everything under wraps this year, but I have to say I expected at least one more name this week. Looks like we might be waiting til Saturday for another name.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    No names yet in the press and it's gone midnight.

BBC are doing a fantastic job of keeping everything under wraps this year, but I have to say I expected at least one more name this week. Looks like we might be waiting til Saturday for another name.

Why do you think Saturday?:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Why do you think Saturday?:confused::confused:

Because if you look at most of this years rumours, they've been announced on either a Saturday (Dave, Vanessa) or Sunday (Teri, Ben, Abbey, Fiona)

Weekend papers get the biggest circulation, so often the big exclusives are held back until the Sat/ Sun editions so they can try and outsell one another.

For the past two years, the final cast has been leaked in the Sun on Saturday.

We might get some tonight or Friday, but the weekend tends to be the busiest time for this kind of news :)
    Forum Member
    Because if you look at most of this years rumours, they've been announced on either a Saturday (Dave, Vanessa) or Sunday (Teri, Ben, Abbey, Fiona)

Weekend papers get the biggest circulation, so often the big exclusives are held back until the Sat/ Sun editions so they can try and outsell one another.

For the past two years, the final cast has been leaked in the Sun on Saturday.

doh... Pashulty is getting slow... :o:o ... all this waiting for Pasha's bio... :o:o....Thanks for explaining 21CB... :)
    Forum Member
    doh... Pashulty is getting slow... :o:o ... all this waiting for Pasha's bio... :o:o....Thanks for explaining 21CB... :)

Ha no worries, I get that it didn't make much sense when I said it on it's own :)

Hope Pasha gets someone good this year- he's too good a pro to lose in the early weeks. I'd like to see him not with a bright young hope, but someone a bit more mature but with potential (someone like Susanna Reid!)

I'd like to see how we works with an older castmate
    Forum Member
    Ha no worries, I get that it didn't make much sense when I said it on it's own

Hope Pasha gets someone good this year- he's too good a pro to lose in the early weeks. I'd like to see him not with a bright young hope, but someone a bit more mature but with potential (someone like Susanna Reid!)

I'd like to see how we works with an older castmate

Well according to some pundits here..:D:D he is due a duffer this year and if he doesn't get one there will be tears, tantrums,accusations and the lot here...lol...:rolleyes::p
    Yes... a MOR with potential to go halfway would be nice.... BIB... he will be fine... :)...But Feltz!!!!!:(:(:cry::cry:

ETA... Susanna Reid would be yummy!!! ;)
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...But Feltz!!!!!:(:(:cry::cry:

Don't worry, Pashulty, I feel she's strongly suited to James :cool:
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    How can you not love Vanessa Feltz <3
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »

Love him as I much, I don't think Pasha is worthy enough to handle one of our British national treasures.. :D
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Don't worry, Pashulty, I feel she's strongly suited to James :cool:

She is... and hopefully that will be the case... :cool:
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanessa Feltz is typical 1st eliminated material I feel :D
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pasha with Jet would work, a bit older aand capable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »

I am already head over heels, but the lovely Vanessa is already spoken for unfortunately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Vanessa Feltz is typical 1st eliminated material I feel :D

Please don't say that, I'm sure Vanessa's legions of fans would disagree with you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed she will say yes to Strictly Come Dancing.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pasha needs a duffer this year to show what he can do lol. Jet is likely to be good, I can see her working with Robin who was given someone who was supposed to be a duffer last year and needs to demonstrate what he can do with a (potentially) more competent dancer - for some reason (not sure why) I'm assuming that Jet will be a contender :D
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pasha needs a duffer this year to show what he can do lol. Jet is likely to be good, I can see her working with Robin who was given someone who was supposed to be a duffer last year and needs to demonstrate what he can do with a (potentially) more competent dancer - for some reason (not sure why) I'm assuming that Jet will be a contender :D

Talking of Robin, I think its him who is due a contender this year. Patsy & Anita were considered "middling" contestants at the start whereas Lisa was supposed to be last year's 'duffer' but went on to surprise. He is fast becoming "Anton the 2nd" but I think he deserves more. Let him have the "young fitty" this year.:)

EDIT: Just looked up Robin's age - can't believe he's only 33!!!:eek:
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Talking of Robin, I think its him who is due a contender this year. Patsy & Anita were considered "middling" contestants at the start whereas Lisa was supposed to be last year's 'duffer' but went on to surprise. He is fast becoming "Anton the 2nd" but I think he deserves more. Let him have the "young fitty" this year.:)

What do you mean Anton the 2nd?? What rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AmSalt12 wrote: »
    What do you mean Anton the 2nd?? What rubbish.

BIB Bad day?? Not my fault buddy....

And what I mean is, behind Anton, he appears to be cast in the role of the professional who is not in it to win but more to entertain (through the celebrities he is given). For example, had Anton not got Ann Widdecombe, I could see them giving her to no one else but Robin.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally I would rather not have a contender partnered with Robin and his dull, uninspiring choreography - just my opinion btw but I do find him very samey and very boring without much oomph to his choreography - cant think of a single routine that he has done since he started on the show that sticks in my mind as "wow, that was amazing"
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    Personally I would rather not have a contender partnered with Robin and his dull, uninspiring choreography - just my opinion btw but I do find him very samey and very boring without much oomph to his choreography - cant think of a single routine that he has done since he started on the show that sticks in my mind as "wow, that was amazing"

Same here. There's only so many times you can see a ballroom that starts with then mirroring each other side to side before it gets a dull
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe that's because his celebrities have been somewhat 'limited' in their ability. I think the choreography would have been slightly more inspiring with a Kara, an Alesha or a Denise.

Let's see what he can do with someone of their calibre instead of basing his entire ability to choreograph on Patsy, Anita & Lisa.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe that's because his celebrities have been somewhat 'limited' in their ability. I think the choreography would have been slightly more inspiring with a Kara, an Alesha or a Denise.

Let's see what he can do with someone of their calibre instead of basing his entire ability to choreograph on Patsy, Anita & Lisa.

sorry, I have to disagree - I dont think so but each to their own :D

We will have to wait and see wont we
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, I have to disagree - I dont think so but each to their own :D

We will have to wait and see wont we

We will - clearly we all have our favourites (Robin is not one of mine btw - I just believe the playing-field should be levelled a bit more). I mean how many people do you hear saying "Pasha should get the series duffer"? Hardly any. The most they will say is something a la
    "Hope Pasha gets someone good this year... I'd like to see him not with a bright young hope, but someone a bit more mature but with potential (someone like Susanna Reid!)"

You would never hear such said about Robin though. Horses for courses I suppose...
This discussion has been closed.