Options

Anyone else use Grindr?

Sponge_BobsSponge_Bobs Posts: 155
Forum Member
I only set it up on my phone today after a forum member recommended.

There's some right loones on there.

One bloke, called, 'Happy Chappy' messaged me asking if I liked older men. When I said, 'no, sorry darling'.. he replies, 'fine, your loss'.

I have been talking to one lovely lad though who lives only 5 minutes away from me.

Exciting times! :D

You should all try it. Even if you're straight and lesbian.

Comments

• Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i don't im not gay, bi or a lesbian, am glad i is working out for you though

for anyone wondering what Grindr is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindr
  • Options
    NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meeting people for sex ?

I am sure this is not new
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

One bloke, called, 'Happy Chappy' messaged me asking if I liked older men. When I said, 'no, sorry darling'.. he replies, 'fine, your loss'.

I have been talking to one lovely lad though who lives only 5 minutes away from me.

Can you be straight and lesbian? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Northerly wrote: »
    meeting people for sex ?

I am sure this is not new

No. For friendship, dates, etc etc.

Not just for sex.

I wouldn't meet someone straight away. I'd have had to have been talking to them for a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Can you be straight and lesbian? :)

most men hope you can :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm scared though.

What if you meet someone after a while of chatting, exchange of photos and they look nothing like you imagined.

Or like didn't get on etc. It would be so awkward.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read a story about a guy with hiv meeting people on grindr and having unprotected sex with them. This whole online hooking up culture is very seedy and I don't agree with meeting strangers for sex at all. It's stupid and careless, and while i am sure many people use protection, many people also don't, driving the transmission of sexual diseases.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you were looking for your one true love earlier? Not your one quickly down a side alley, which is all you'll get on a dating app... Especially one called Grindr.

And it'll be some scummy guy, it'll be bubba... Not the Italian the hunk with hot abs... You do know that don't ya?

And with an app called "grindr" what are you expecting? I mean seriously?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    I thought you were looking for your one true love earlier? Not your one quickly down a side alley, which is all you'll get on a dating app... Especially one called Grindr.

And it'll be some scummy guy, it'll be bubba... Not the Italian the hunk with hot abs... You do know that don't ya?

pretty much nailed it:D
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cry: What happened to Muslim Jimmy, the husband you were going to propose to a few weeks back?
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and why would straight or lesbian people want to use Grindr, a dating app for gay men?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't like what you're implying.

I'm not in it for a quick shag. I have been talking to a lovely guy all day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    :cry: What happened to Muslim Jimmy, the husband you were going to propose to a few weeks back?

I've ditched him. He was a moron.
    and why would straight or lesbian people want to use Grindr, a dating app for gay men?

To meet new friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and i read playboy for the articles

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

O~K... On an app called "grindr"... I shall stand by my rule of "if it sounds rude, it probably is, even if it comes across as nice", or more accurately "if its on something that sounds rude" in this case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No thanks. What a grotty concept.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O~K... On an app called "grindr"... I shall stand by my rule of "if it sounds rude, it probably is, even if it comes across as nice", or more accurately "if its on something that sounds rude" in this case.

It's not rude.

Some are out for genuine friendship/romance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not rude.

Some are out for genuine friendship/romance.

Are they, I find that very hard to believe, there was a thread not long ago about that app and I peered into it and it looked like a casual hook up app to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are they, I find that very hard to believe, there was a thread not long ago about that app and I peered into it and it looked like a casual hook up app to me.

Yeah I think a lot of people will go on it for just that, but there are some that are interested in more.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »
    pretty much nailed it:D

that's what the op wants isn't it.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

there's already a lesbian app called FindHrr
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member

It isn't lol, I agree with the OP you can make genuine friends on there :) obviously you get the odd weirdos on there asking for sex but not everyone goes on it for that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't lol, I agree with the OP you can make genuine friends on there :) obviously you get the odd weirdos on there asking for sex but not everyone goes on it for that :rolleyes:
    Really?

Well in that case the name is rather unfortunate.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only ever heard about this Grindr from people posting about it on here. Still think it sounds sleazy and sordid.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Really?

Well in that case the name is rather unfortunate.
    Surely the name would be more attributable to a lesbians rather than gay men... :o