Options

The DS CBB Forum 'Last Supper' positivity thread

AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
Forum Member
This is a thread where you should say something nice about a housemate you haven't supported up until now OR opposing sets of housemate DS 'fans', in the same way they sit round a table, stand up and extol the virtues of their 'competition' with something positive.

Please do not name individual posters unless there is zero risk of offence/ anything being misconstrued, although compliments or saying 'this is to Jim fans or Linda fans' etc is of course encouraged.

Please keep all comments positive. Come on, you can do it.;-)

I suppose, I'd better start-

For me, I have been rather harsh/ scathing on Casey. I will happily admit that she seems like a nice enough girl and seems to have a decent heart despite having her knockers. :p

DS, it's over to you. :)

Comments

• Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh what a lovely thread well done!

I too was a bit harsh on Casey, she does seem adorable and gawjus!

As for Lee ummmmmm because of him Blue went in which was brilliantly funny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well this went well :(:D

Thank you BMLisa for not letting a rare thread from me die without at least 1 reply ha ha- fair play to you! :)
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha, final night is always crazy. Try bumping tomorrow.

Either that or were the only ones who feel we were harsh on a HM! :-o
  • Options
    linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't harsh on anyone really but it was lovely to see Jim and Linda hug at the end , a great finish to a great CBB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Luisa at the start, then went rapidly off her, but she's been lovely at the end. She'll probably revert to how she was before, but I really hope she doesn't, she can be really nice when she wants to be as we saw in the last few days.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I've not had a clear favourite or least favourite but Ive been very critical of Lee. So here goes...

I'm glad Lee took his booing in good grace. No doubt having Jasmine on his arm took the edge off. :D And the amount of footage of him in tonight's montages shows what great value he was.

I thought the BBOTS final show was heartwarming. Linda and Jim hugging, Luisa and Emma singing together, Jasmine and Casey dancing together...so lovely to see there were no hard feelings.

If they can do it and they were in it, so can we. :)
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    I like Cameron Davidson.
  • Options
    binksy111binksy111 Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was unsure of Jim at first and was really up for seeing Linda in the house, and never really wanted him in the house, little did I know I would want him to win in the end.. really loved this years CBB proves we cant pre-judge :blush:
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although it was tough this series to get much real discussion going due to what seemed a rather more fanatical forum than usual, I would like to say thanks to all those that did enjoy exchanging views and weren't totally closed off to changing their views on a HM or respecting a differing viewpoint from a fellow FM and sharing theirs :)

I obviously include AOTB in that, it's been a pleasure reading your posts and exchanging views and opinions with you, and all the others who enjoy a good discussion without descending into all-out war :D It seemed sadly lacking this time around, but there were a few good ones :)

Sorry, not sure if that was positive enough :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Sorry, not sure if that was positive enough :blush:

It was better than I could manage to say about the actual forum. :D

Agree with you on AOTB though and some others, including you. *Peace*
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this CBB has brought out some interesting things about BB and its effects on viewers, about how people experience BB, and perhaps also about British culture and society.

But it's not yet very clear what those things are.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I think this CBB has brought out some interesting things about BB and its effects on viewers, about how people experience BB, and perhaps also about British culture and society.

Well can you talk about them somewhere else please until or unless you find out that they are positive things >:( ;-)

Other than that I have nothing positive to say :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »

Yes I agree. And I'm not clear either, although the picture I do see is murkier than I'd like in some areas.

In other ways though, we've had some taboo topics dragged into the sunlight, certainly not enough to scorch them clean, but enough to illuminate for me where people stand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you muggins14 and Scarlet for your very kind words, it's very nice of you to say!:blush:

I have enjoyed debating with you both also and indeed certain other posters on this CBB forum.

This isn't meant to be a shameless bump of my own thread honest(am happy to let it die a death as it's not as popular a topic as I imagined ha ha) but just wanted to say thank you.

Also much respect to those that managed to post something positive here trust me, I know it can be difficult especially with certain people in that house!

And On That Bombshell!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    And On That Bombshell!:D

AHAAAA!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also really enjoyed Blue going in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AHAAAA!

Ha ha, Ah-Haaaaa indeed!

I'm just glad you realised it was the great man himself and not Jeremy Clarkson's rip off, as some seemed to think when they asked me what my username stood for on another forum! :(

Scarlet, you certainly 'know your onions' (as it were) :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is a thread where you should say something nice about a housemate you haven't supported up until now OR opposing sets of housemate DS 'fans', in the same way they sit round a table, stand up and extol the virtues of their 'competition' with something positive.

Please do not name individual posters unless there is zero risk of offence/ anything being misconstrued, although compliments or saying 'this is to Jim fans or Linda fans' etc is of course encouraged.

Please keep all comments positive. Come on, you can do it.;-)

I suppose, I'd better start-

For me, I have been rather harsh/ scathing on Casey. I will happily admit that she seems like a nice enough girl and seems to have a decent heart despite having her knockers. :p

DS, it's over to you. :)

Bad form to quote myself, let alone bump my own thread from over half a year ago, but I'm not exactly a big BB thread starter so thought why the heck not. Plus I live on the edge, obvs. ;-)

The premise is the same as above, but obviously for these HM's not the CBB one.

Let's see if people can actually bring themselves to say something nice about someone they've perhaps given a hard time to on here.

For me it can only really be my old pal Winston. Whilst the 'Get Winston Out Campaign' was hilarious, and produced unexpected results, I don't actually really think he's a terrible person, despite how I posted on him,. Needs must and all that though right?

I actually laughed out loud a little (partly because of the reactions to him from Danielle etc) when Winston told his 'I got a shark in a headlock and punched it on the nose' story. He amused me in that moment.

There. I said it . :)

Now play nicely good people of DS, and it's over to you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash was probably a nicer fella than I gave him credit for. I pretty much had an objection to him from the '**** bucket' convo with Marlon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww nice thread and worth resurrecting.

I'm grateful to Steven for being one of the few HMs in the history of the show to unite this forum. I hope when battle lines are drawn again, we can all take a moment to group hug and remember him.

Hats off to the 'Get Winston Out' campaigners. You in particular AOTB. I know your own hat is probably already off having had your head swell considerably after that shocking result but despite calling us Winston-likers some cheeky things, no hard feelings. Peace, bro.
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad form to quote myself, let alone bump my own thread from over half a year ago, but I'm not exactly a big BB thread starter so thought why the heck not. Plus I live on the edge, obvs. ;-)

Let's see if people can actually bring themselves to say something nice about someone they've perhaps given a hard time to on here. Come in, you can do it.

For me it can only really be my old pal Winston. Whilst the 'Get Winston Out Campaign' was hilarious, and produced unexpected results, I don't actually really think he's a terrible person, not at all, despite how I posted on him,. Needs must and all that though right?

I actually laughed out loud a little (partly because of the reactions to him from Danielle etc) when Winston told his 'I got a shark in a headlock and punched it on the nose' story. He amused me in that moment.

That's an interesting post ( nice thread by the way )

Can I ask though, why did you post negative stuff about Winston if you ( secretly ) rather liked him ?

What did you mean by " needs must" ?

Just out of curiousity

In the spirit of the thread I must say that Steven actually made me laugh out loud when he started shaving his head ... absolutely cringe, of course, but he was great value for money
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

Let's see if people can actually bring themselves to say something nice about someone they've perhaps given a hard time to on here. Come in, you can do it.

For me it can only really be my old pal Winston. Whilst the 'Get Winston Out Campaign' was hilarious, and produced unexpected results, I don't actually really think he's a terrible person, not at all, despite how I posted on him,. Needs must and all that though right?

Nothing wrong with talking to yourself AOTB. Sometimes its the only way to get a sensible conversation. :D:D

Sadly this time I can't rise to the occasion. I would have to say something positve about Steven and try as I might I can't think of anything. Even his suit was shiny and decidedly non u (and certainly not the bespoke tailoring I would have expected a man of his wealth to be wearing). The only good thing about him was his name.
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked:
    Ash's twinkly eyes,
    Helen's beautiful hair,
    Winston's cheeky grin,
    Bianca's total ease with nakedness,
    Christopher's post- show tweet,
    Kimberley's clear complexion,
    Stephen's height,
    Toyas luscious lips.
    Jale's pretty face,
    Mark's determination and effort to entertain,
    Pauline's lovely son.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    eva_prior wrote: »
    I liked:
    Ash's twinkly eyes,
    Helen's beautiful hair,
    Winston's cheeky grin,
    Bianca's total ease with nakedness,
    Christopher's post- show tweet,
    Kimberley's clear complexion,
    Stephen's height,
    Pauline's exit.

Bravo. :)
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice of them all to give up their summer to entertain us.

I'm sure Pauline was more fun when she was younger. :D