Options

No Eastenders 9th March

Comments

• Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    No-one is telling you to change your views; they're just telling you to accept that you can't always have what you want. It's called being an adult and I know it's not easy. I have a few health problems which make life difficult for me at times - I'd rather not have them but I accept that they can't be cured - I just have to live with them.

I'm saying that's how I feel implied by some
    Comments. Inknow I can watch anything but my main point is that stuff is yet again shoved aside for fpptball under the impression everyone loves and worships it. Yes I have had depression and don't trust many people but I still feel
    Strongly about my views. Many people i know can't stand football but the TV treats it like a god and that sickens me whether it's ee, dw, or even shows I don't watch but are also popular like cs and ed it gets to me. Can't people just accept my view and opinion on the matter rather then ridicule and basically have a go at me for feeling strongly about my opinion?
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    More people dislike soaps than like them, More people dislike football than like it

Some don't like either, So it is hardly the end of the world. They don't want to split the people who like both and don't bother with one over the other

They don't want to interrupt BBC2, Imagine them cancelling something on their for a show not even meant to be on that channel

That is as unfair as what you are unhappy about

The voice of reason, thank you.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I'm saying that's how I feel implied by some
    Comments. Inknow I can watch anything but my main point is that stuff is yet again shoved aside for fpptball under the impression everyone loves and worships it. Yes I have had depression and don't trust many people but I still feel
    Strongly about my views. Many people i know can't stand football but the TV treats it like a god and that sickens me whether it's ee, dw, or even shows I don't watch but are also popular like cs and ed it gets to me. Can't people just accept my view and opinion on the matter rather then ridicule and basically have a go at me for feeling strongly about my opinion?

They don't treat it like 'god' but as it is live they need to show it live, Or people will not watch it

Eastenders can't be viewed earlier than it is shown, People check football results and won't watch if they know the score etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this really need it's own thread? With the assortment of tedious complaints to go with it. It's about time there was one thread for all 'Soap Scheduling Changes' that DS pinned to the Soaps forum.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick of these threads moaning about the football over Eastenders. I love Eastenders but the world doesn't end because it's being moved. Emmerdale often gets movd by itv due to football or for coronation st during award nights and the Emmerdale fans don't kick off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of these threads moaning about the football over Eastenders. I love Eastenders but the world doesn't end because it's being moved. Emmerdale often gets movd by itv due to football or for coronation st during award nights and the Emmerdale fans don't kick off.

Exactly, If they were on a SOAP channel and got moved for football the argument would be valid, But these channels are supposed to cater to everyone so occasionally other things will be shown

Soaps have regular days and times, But they are not there as a law that can't be changed
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another time when the world timetable is revolved around football
    Or, put another way, another time when some expect the world timetable to revolve around a soap.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders is generally on for 2 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. Over 240 episodes get broadcast every year. So what if occasionally they are rescheduled for other events? People honestly need to get a grip.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed - schedules are not set in stone, they change, they evolve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Or, put another way, another time when some expect the world timetable to revolve around their programme.

Can't you just accept my opinion. Ffs. Am I not entitled to one, share it or defend it? Sports should have a channel
    Dedicated to them so it doesn't piss off those who hate the sport with a passion IN MY OPINION.

Having an opinion must be a crime. People just can't accept others because it's not the mainstream one ffs.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saying that Eastenders and Emmerdale clashes again next Thursday as well As tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    EastEnders is generally on for 2 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. Over 240 episodes get broadcast every year. So what if occasionally they are rescheduled for other events? People honestly need to get a grip.

Eastenders isn't the issue it's the treatment of other shows when a football game is one. Dr who and the other soaps have also bee. Mentioned. Just accept my OPINION and move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eastenders isn't the issue it's the treatment of other shows when a football game is one. Dr who and the other soaps have also bee. Mentioned. Just accept my OPINION and move on.

Will u accept it's not just Eastenders that is affected by football?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saying that Eastenders and Emmerdale clashes again next Thursday as well As tomorrow.

This also annoyed me. Ed should
    Stop the hour longs or ee moved later to a
    Half 8 permanent spot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will u accept it's not just Eastenders that is affected by football?

Yes I have used other examples and I don't watch everythkng on at that time that I don't recall the what ahows from top of my head. Ee is just the main example and in just being bashed for having my own opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why don't you accept other peoples opinions that your opinion isn't the only one that counts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you accept other peoples opinions that your opinion isn't the only one that counts?

I'm the one getting bashed for having mine. In defending my views as people have misunderstood. But I'm the one getting bashed.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Yes......right.....

Its my opinoin, dont care if you like it or not. :D
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well considering this is a thread on EASTENDERS - I'm guessing it is the issue.

Why don't you accept that other people do not share your OPINION and move on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Its my opinoin, dont care if you like it or not. :D

You best not have one of those, you could be bashed as it a crime to have one these days that's not the majority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have used other examples and I don't watch everythkng on at that time that I don't recall the what ahows from top of my head. Ee is just the main example and in just being bashed for having my own opinion.

I respect your right to be annoyed of course but I think the overall reaction on here (not referring specifically to you) borders on the ott spectrum.

Saying that I'm a football fan but I just don't see the big deal in eastenders having an extra episode another day to make up the fact football is on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm the one getting bashed for having mine. In defending my views as people have misunderstood. But I'm the one getting bashed.

You are on a discussion forum and you have an opinion, People disagreed

That is how a discussion works
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Well considering this is a thread on EASTENDERS - I'm guessing it is the issue.

Why don't you accept that other people do not share your OPINION and move on?

Because I'm being bashed at. All of you slating me
    For having my opinion is a form of bullying and I will stand by my own opinion. Why can't you accept mine and move on? Maybe then i won't have to defend myself and then we can all move on.
    I'm defending myself and why others can't accept mine and move on and stop posting so we can all move on is posing me off. Just because I have a strong view on something you don't like I won't change it. Strictly religious people will never chance
    Their views on gay relationships and I wi never change my views on something I feel strongly about.
    The sooner other opinions than your own or the majority are
    Accepted the sooner we can call
    Move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are on a discussion forum and you have an opinion, People disagreed

That is how a discussion works

It's how they are putting their post directly at me. Not anyone else who is annoyed about the chance. I'm not bashin any individual but just defending my right to my opinion on hear. Why people
    Can't respect
    Opinions is beyond me.
  • Options
    spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I don't think we will have it on the Wednesday. BBC one have Bake Off and Strictly Comic Relief specials.

I think Thursday 7:30 and 8:30 is more likely :)
    Bake Off finishes 4th March.