Am I the only one who believed Brian didn't know who Shakespeare was?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,298
    Forum Member
    Why would he lie ?

is there some theory that he's pretending to be thick ?

Can they give him subtitles , he mangles his words so badly "roight , I cornt unnerstan hwut's gone on baht"

vat is men'aww

People sometimes lie to appear thick, or to pi*s off others etc etc
  • pammi_ipammi_i Posts: 6,851
    Forum Member
    Juliana wrote: »
    I've been wondering how the twins got a uni place?

They don't seem to be the brightest bulbs in the box.
    They are another case in point, yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I'd just like to clarify what Brian's job entails. He does data entry, which is nothing more than typing in numbers or maybe feeding things into a scanner. Other than a simple grasp of how to use a computer, I doubt any qualifications or experience are required.

I'm doing Computer Engineering at University and I'd hate to think that people assume that Brian is representative of the whole IT industry!

Well data-entry is basically a typist. Someone who can punch a lot of data into a new computer system where there isn't an automated way which could do it more cheaply. It doesn't even classify as an IT job.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now he's asking who Hitler was, 'is he that geezer that was in Bottom'?
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »

noooooo! get aht!!!
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,141
    Forum Member
    I remember I met someone once and they didn't know who shakespeare was.
    To be honest the only real reason I know who he is is cos of my obsession with leonardo dicaprio which made me buy romeo and juliet dvd and also watching doctor who this year. Has got absolutely nothing to do with school whatsoever as even tho I did romeo and juliet in school we didn't really discuss shakespeare at all. Maybe that was just my school tho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

I do you hope you (or he) is joking. Absolutely everyone must know who Hitler was because of his WWII involvewment and the number of films where he must have been mentioned as a result. Either Brian is a moron, or he is pretending to be one, and it won't do him any good.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last night he kept going on about Torquay "Is it in Greece? I fink it is , I'll ask gerry"
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I remember I met someone once and they didn't know who shakespeare was.
    To be honest the only real reason I know who he is is cos of my obsession with leonardo dicaprio which made me buy romeo and juliet dvd and also watching doctor who this year. Has got absolutely nothing to do with school whatsoever as even tho I did romeo and juliet in school we didn't really discuss shakespeare at all. Maybe that was just my school tho.
    Yeah but you'd still heard of the name 'Shakespeare' even if you didn't know about Anne Hathaway or Stratford Upon Avon or The Globe Theatre or Christopher Marlowe or that the earring in that portrait always looked fake.

Kin ell, in the words of Amanda "GO ME!!!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dunkan wrote: »
    Yeah but you'd still heard of the name 'Shakespeare' even if you didn't know about Anne Hathaway or Stratford Upon Avon or The Globe Theatre or Christopher Marlowe or that the earring in that portrait always looked fake.

Kin ell, in the words of Amanda "GO ME!!!"

Go you indeed. You know more than Liam.
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    I do you hope you (or he) is joking. Absolutely everyone must know who Hitler was because of his WWII involvewment and the number of films where he must have been mentioned as a result. Either Brian is a moron, or he is pretending to be one, and it won't do him any good.

At our school, you didn't study World War 2 unless you took History as an option. But still, everyone must have heard of him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    froglet wrote: »
    I am in a minority of one so far as I can see. I can understand the reasons which people are giving for their disbelief, but I believed him- on first hearing at least.

I believe Brian is the self confessed leader of "Team Simple".. Very possible he is that dumb.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do you hope you (or he) is joking.

I'll own up, I was joking, Brian should have owned up too. :p
    Forum Member
    froglet wrote: »
    Go you indeed. You know more than Liam.

Amazing what info lurks hidden away in the recesses of the mind, unused for 20 years and plucked out at the click of my fingers!:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believed it. He is lovable but so dim:eek:
    Forum Member
    occbbfan wrote: »
    I believed it. He is lovable but so dim:eek:

oim not dim, shat ap
  • JulianaJuliana Posts: 4,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

Very nice :)

I only found out what "wood" was a few years ago. Mind you, it's an American expression isn't it?

BTW, do you know what this means : a mate texted me before and said he went out last night 'on an angle' or 'for an angle' or sthg?!!! WTF does that mean? He won't tell me.

I haven't a clue where it comes from. I call it a stiffy or a boner.

I haven't a clue what that means. Is he cockney? Rhyming slang perhaps? Was he doing his washing down the lauderette and the dryer was broken - angle/mangle?

Kids these days eh. God I'm not even old but hearing slang I don't understand means I'm not hip and happening eh.

We've lower the tone of the post. I'll get our coats.
  • HampshireHannahHampshireHannah Posts: 1,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well data-entry is basically a typist. Someone who can punch a lot of data into a new computer system where there isn't an automated way which could do it more cheaply. It doesn't even classify as an IT job.

Exactly :) But Davina describing him as "an IT guy" has lead to some people thinking it is.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,141
    Forum Member

Are you actually serious? You can't not kno who Hitler was even if all you kno it for is jokes.
  • JulianaJuliana Posts: 4,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing what info lurks hidden away in the recesses of the mind, unused for 20 years and plucked out at the click of my fingers!:cool:

Angle - 'an act you put on to pick up broads'

I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary and I kid you not, people actually use the word 'Broad'

So looks like your mate was out looking a bit of skirt.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believed that he genuinley didn't know, though it's hard to believe - Brian makes me laugh more than anyone in the house at the moment - Loved his diary room rant about the HMs after Seany had gone :D:D
    Forum Member
    I haven't a clue where it comes from. I call it a stiffy or a boner.

I haven't a clue what that means. Is he cockney? Rhyming slang perhaps? Was he doing his washing down the lauderette and the dryer was broken - angle/mangle?

Kids these days eh. God I'm not even old but hearing slang I don't understand means I'm not hip and happening eh.

We've lower the tone of the post. I'll get our coats.

Where ya takin me?;)

My Dad used to use a grade in the Civil Service to refer to the "honorable member" - "HEO" - (hardened executive officer)!!!

I assume the angle thing was sthg to do with either a girl he fancied or a business deal, but who knows. I think he deliberately uses obscure terms to pi*s me off.

Hmmm, yeah I try to keep my ear close to the ground re yoof slang but I am getting left behind. Need to watch more Holly'wood' movies probably.
    Forum Member
    Angle - 'an act you put on to pick up broads'

I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary and I kid you not, people actually use the word 'Broad'

So looks like your mate was out looking a bit of skirt.

The filth-monger, I knew it!!! Broad!!! That's old Aussie slang init*?

* :cool:
  • shabbytigershabbytiger Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believed that he genuinley didn't know, though it's hard to believe - Brian makes me laugh more than anyone in the house at the moment - Loved his diary room rant about the HMs after Seany had gone :D:D

Duh Course Brian knows who Shakespeare was. Hes a sweetheart boy and I like him but he has seen all the prior big brothers and know that some fans lap up that "east anglia is that in france " crap and " Iloves blinkin i do " but its really sweet that yu belive it . Does Sant still come down the chimminy for you too??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Studying what?

Something with "Studies" in the course title I'll bet :D