Options

Sickness at Dancing on Ice

*Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
Forum Member
✭✭
A few of the papers ran with the story today about Gareth and Greg having the sickness virus that has been going around, including DS. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/dancingonice/a88837/ice-stars-struck-down-by-sickness-bug.html

It doesn't seem quite as bad as some of the papers made out, because Gareth returned to training today and the ITV website suggests that Greg was sick last week!

Whatever the truth, I hope everyone is well for Sunday. Feeling sick and twirling around don't go well together.:eek::D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of them got sick during the last tour. Hope it doesn't spread around as much here as it did there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    If one of the entrants is too ill to skate on Sunday, but just through the runs or something rather than long term injured, what happens?

Do they drop out altogether, it would be unfair to be able to miss a week then return on Monday.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everyone is ok for Sunday
  • Options
    Charisma2Charisma2 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Greg on the Alan Titchmarsh show this afternoon and he seemed fine. Didn't even mention being ill.

And Gareth has posted a message on his site to say he's recovered now and will be dancing to a Michael Jackson song on Sunday.

So all seems to be well:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charisma2 wrote: »
    I saw Greg on the Alan Titchmarsh show this afternoon and he seemed fine. Didn't even mention being ill.

And Gareth has posted a message on his site to say he's recovered now and will be dancing to a Michael Jackson song on Sunday.

So all seems to be well:D
    Someone posted that Greg recorded the AT show on Tuesday.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olo wrote: »
    If one of the entrants is too ill to skate on Sunday, but just through the runs or something rather than long term injured, what happens?

Do they drop out altogether, it would be unfair to be able to miss a week then return on Monday.

I would suggest letting them not compete, giving them the lowest judges vote, and then letting the public save them (or not).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Should I send them the URL for the 'infection control' course that tells you about 50 times how to wash your hands properly?

Maybe that's why my skating teacher insisted I always wore gloves.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope the sickness bug, that also affected Strictly, has well and truly disappeared by the time they reach the week where they have to 'fly' using the wire.
  • Options
    emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Let's hope the sickness bug, that also affected Strictly, has well and truly disappeared by the time they reach the week where they have to 'fly' using the wire.

Oh dude yeah - although the sickness has actually gone now, that wouldn't be pleasant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,583
    Forum Member
    olo wrote: »

I swear David Seamen was ill one time (or was it when Pam hurt her chin?) so he got to miss the Saturday show and get a 'wild card' to get through to the next round as it were, but only because the other competitors apparently agreed that he should be allowed to.

Or perhaps I am going mad. :D
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember something like that happening, though I couldn't have said who it was. Pam had so many accidents and injuries, didn't she? Not surprising she didn't come back again!!