Give Lucinda an even break.

Comments

• EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed that Lucinda came from a softer, more creative background than the others but looking at her brief biog on the BBC site, it says:

"... she began her career in Risk Management before undertaking various roles involving I.T. in the financial sector. "

How on earth can somebody who works in IT not have any technical knowledge at all? Really odd.

Lucinda's mistake on last night's programme was to sound utterly pathetic with her moaning on about not being able to use a mobile phone! She should have made a simple comment and suggested a task within the group she would be good for. That pathetic little voice would infuriate me if I was the PM although, yes, Helene was vile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "... she began her career in Risk Management before undertaking various roles involving I.T. in the financial sector. "

*shakes head in disbelief*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    froglet wrote: »
    *shakes head in disbelief*

Perhaps she's a dab hand with an abacus. Still doesn't excuse the disgusting behaviour of the other contestants towards her.

If Alan Sugar was that smart he would sack the lot of them. But its becoming increasingly obvious he no control over the programme - infact I don't even believe he's the one who decides who gets fired.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elzbells wrote: »
    Perhaps she's a dab hand with an abacus. Still doesn't excuse the disgusting behaviour of the other contestants towards her.

If Alan Sugar was that smart he would sack the lot of them. But its becoming increasingly obvious he no control over the programme - infact I don't even believe he's the one who decides who gets fired.

I can just see her with an abacus. It would suit her quirky sense of style. Adam Hosker claimed that Sir Alan had wanted to fire Tre early on in his series (for attempting to advertise the company he worked for via the team name) but the production team vetoed him.

I just long to see him sack the lot of them.
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can just see her with an abacus. It would suit her quirky sense of style. Adam Hosker claimed that Sir Alan had wanted to fire Tre early on in his series (for attempting to advertise the company he worked for via the team name) but the production team vetoed him.

I just long to see him sack the lot of them.

That would be a great show but the next episode....? ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed that Lucinda came from a softer, more creative background than the others but looking at her brief biog on the BBC site, it says:

"... she began her career in Risk Management
    [...]

I bet we're going to see what that looks like when miss Lucinda is going to manage on of the teams...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Lucinda...

"Don't you dare use my name in vain!"

"How dare you!"

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polonius wrote: »
    I love Lucinda...

"How dare you!"

Didn't she say: 'How very dare you'? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be a great show but the next episode....? ;)

:D The next episode he would make Nick and Margaret project managers and they would go and find a bunch of five year olds who would make huge amounts of profit and get hired in bulk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polonius wrote: »
    I love Lucinda...

"How dare you!"

i love it when she says that.

i end up thinking you go girl! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless her, she did tell them she couldn't use technology, I mean at least she was honest!!

I haven't really seen what she can do would love to see Lucinda go up against Claire and Lucinda wipe the floor with her!!
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkyfairy wrote: »
    Bless her, she did tell them she couldn't use technology, I mean at least she was honest!!

I haven't really seen what she can do would love to see Lucinda go up against Claire and Lucinda wipe the floor with her!!

I must admit, I'm beginning to wonder what she might be good at. She seems to have very low energy and doesn't seem to have a lot of gumption either. That said, there was no need for the treatment she received from Jenny and Helene ...they just showed themselves up.
  • JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I must admit, I'm beginning to wonder what she might be good at. She seems to have very low energy and doesn't seem to have a lot of gumption either. That said, there was no need for the treatment she received from Jenny and Helene ...they just showed themselves up.

I think your right about the others showing themselves up. Helene did herself absolutely no favours at all sitting there stuffing her face and watching Lucinda struggle and muddle herself through the task.

I just thought I'd also pick up on the point about Lucinda's IT skills. I think it's unfair for anyone expect her to be an expert in digital photo editing.

This is a separate skill set in itself and can take some time to learn. And don't forget that she did finally manage to get the photos out, but on A4. So I suspect the difficulty she had was printing them off on correct photo size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    I think your right about the others showing themselves up. Helene did herself absolutely no favours at all sitting there stuffing her face and watching Lucinda struggle and muddle herself through the task.

I just thought I'd also pick up on the point about Lucinda's IT skills. I think it's unfair for anyone expect her to be an expert in digital photo editing.

This is a separate skill set in itself and can take some time to learn. And don't forget that she did finally manage to get the photos out, but on A4. So I suspect the difficulty she had was printing them off on correct photo size.

I would have thought that most people with reasonably good IT skills would be able to work out changing image size etc. and paper formats, another mistake as they ended up printing them on normal copy paper instead of photo paper. If she was unsure she could have written down step by step instructions during her training sesion. She just seems to put up obsatacles to any job that she's given. I can't see her lasting much longer quite honestly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Simon left I think I'll promote Lucinda as my favourite apprentice.

She certainly seems like a one off. Nice to have someone who isn't a hectoring bully with an over inflated ego

(Oops that is Siralan isn't it):confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I am fed up of seeing one person after another bully Lucinda. It's no way to manage someone and get the best out of them. Those women have gone for her like a bunch of Exocet missiles and they should be ashamed of themselves.

It's nice of you to see how badly these people treat one another, but hey - remember she chose to enter this game, and (if you credit her with a modicum of intelligence) she will have known the type of ruthless, manipulative, self-obsessed people that would enter. You can't blame people for being themselves.

I think it's great that she doesn't quite fit the stereotype being upheld by the other characters, but it also means she's not as hard-nosed and isolated as them.
    Forum Member
    Since Simon left I think I'll promote Lucinda as my favourite apprentice.

She certainly seems like a one off. Nice to have someone who isn't a hectoring bully with an over inflated ego

(Oops that is Siralan isn't it):confused:

Lucinda's my favourite too which is probably the kiss of death and she will be evicted next.

I'd just love it if she lasted longer than those backstabbing harridans but can't see SAS being overly impressed with her if she ends up in the boardroom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How on earth can somebody who works in IT not have any technical knowledge at all? Really odd.

Lucinda's mistake on last night's programme was to sound utterly pathetic with her moaning on about not being able to use a mobile phone! She should have made a simple comment and suggested a task within the group she would be good for. That pathetic little voice would infuriate me if I was the PM although, yes, Helene was vile.

It depends on what you mean by "IT". I did the ECDL a few years ago and while I am very good with the word processing and powerpoint (my main use for it work wise)end of it I still can't manage spread sheets. And it didn't include learning processes such as photo editing. In fact anything "techy" such as maintaining the computer itself would be beyond me.

The main point to remember here is that Lucinda stated quite clearly she wasn't technically minded and the PM choose to ignore this in order to set her up if they failed the task. Very nasty indeed and had they failed would have lead to her being fired. Or maybe not in this series.:confused:
    Forum Member
    It depends on what you mean by "IT". I did the ECDL a few years ago and while I am very good with the word processing and powerpoint (my main use for it work wise)end of it I still can't manage spread sheets. And it didn't include learning processes such as photo editing. In fact anything "techy" such as maintaining the computer itself would be beyond me.

The main point to remember here is that Lucinda stated quite clearly she wasn't technically minded and the PM choose to ignore this in order to set her up if they failed the task. Very nasty indeed and had they failed would have lead to her being fired. Or maybe not in this series.:confused:

Can you imagine Helene v Lucinda in the boardroom? I have little doubt SAS would have supported Helene over Lucinda in the same way he let rabid Claire off the hook.

The only possible way Lucinda can survive is by impressing him somehow - and much as I like her I can't see that happening, unless its an aromertherapy/yoga type task.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with CalmG in that I don't think Lucinda is a very strong candidate at all. She needs to have more of a "can do" attitude. She's the sort of person I'd be happy to have as a work colleague (she seems nice enough), but not to work for me.

However she does bring out the very worst in some of the female candidates, some of whom I don't think I could even share an office with (let alone work with them).

I'm an IT consultant and so found the last episode quite funny but then again there are some things I'd hate to do (e.g. sales) and so I can sympathise with the "fish out of water" syndrome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KirstyG75 wrote: »
    I really wanted this team to loose tonights task as Helene would definitely have been fired for putting Lucinda in that position and making her responsible for what went wrong. Lucinda spoke out from word go that she was not technically minded so why allocate that job to her????

I hop Lucinda rises to the challenge when she is team leader and proves all those bitches and bullies wrong!!

That's exactly what I wanted to happen. I was so annoyed when they won it, because it was clear Helene would have been dumped had they lost. Lucinda is certainly a target for that bullying mentality, but it makes me wonder if she's really as annoying as they all say she is. Maybe there's stuff going on that we're not seeing. But even so, no-one deserves to be treated like that. It's like they've decided to make her the group scapegoat for everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought that most people with reasonably good IT skills would be able to work out changing image size etc. and paper formats, another mistake as they ended up printing them on normal copy paper instead of photo paper. If she was unsure she could have written down step by step instructions during her training sesion. She just seems to put up obsatacles to any job that she's given. I can't see her lasting much longer quite honestly.

Just to add to my own post - I like Lucinda's eccentricity and the fact that she winds the ugly sisters up so much, so I'd be happy to see her really do well in a task - it's just hard to envisage it at the moment :D Also Helene was insane to give Lucinda that task, she's the last one I would have entrusted with it.
    Forum Member
    Waggles wrote: »
    That's exactly what I wanted to happen. I was so annoyed when they won it, because it was clear Helene would have been dumped had they lost. Lucinda is certainly a target for that bullying mentality, but it makes me wonder if she's really as annoying as they all say she is. Maybe there's stuff going on that we're not seeing. But even so, no-one deserves to be treated like that. It's like they've decided to make her the group scapegoat for everything.

Are you really that sure SAS would have dumped Helene in favour of Lucinda? I'm not so sure, he's a bit of an inverted snob and doesn't appear to like contestants they seem 'posh' - remember Miriam.

Plus, he (or should I say the producer) always seems to keep in the Rottweilers to prolong the confrontations for as long as possible. Katie flippin Hopkins was seldom on the winning team last year but she was never in danger of being fired - infact if she hadn't backed off she would probably have won it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..........winds the ugly sisters up so much..........

Yes Lucinda is our Cinderella. But who is her prince charming surely not grizzled old bear siralan??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Lucinda is our Cinderella. But who is her prince charming surely not grizzled old bear siralan??

How about Raef? He seems pretty charming :)