Coincidence?

tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
Forum Member
I just wondered if anyone had a similar experience....last night, I woke up with a start, convinced I'd heard someone coming up the stairs. When I looked towards the door, it looked as though there was a 'shape' peering around the door. My natural instinct was to panic, but as nothing was moving, I managed to calm down and remind myself that all the doors were locked, and it must be a dressing gown hanging on the back of the door (although for some weird reason, my eyes were convinced it was someone wearing orange!). My partner was fast asleep, and is the type who can sleep through an earthquake, so from experience, I know it's pretty pointless waking him up!
Anyway, after lying scared for a while, there was no sound or movement, so I drifted back to sleep. But this morning, I was telling him about it, and he said he'd dreamt that someone dressed in orange had come upstairs and peered into the room. :eek:
Is it normal for people to have the same dreams (we hadn't watched any spook progs about orange-wearing-intruders!)
Weird!

Comments

• cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your mind playing tricks on you.
  • tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    thanks Cosmo - I'd totally agree, except for the fact that he dreamt it too. My mind is really good at playing tricks, but he is usually very logical and rational.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Two points-
    1) are you sure he wasn't winding you up after you told him the details of your dream
    2) of all the couples who share a bed and have the same experience isn't it likely that even once in a blue moon, through simple probability that two people will share the same abstract dreams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scary things happen after a certain hour but id say this a coincidence.
  • tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Hi - to the first point, no... I didn't give him enough detail first. But to the second - yup, you're right, it's very possible. Maybe we're just in sych! Maybe I have to stop reading conspiracy websites too. :D But that's why I posted, to see if anyone else had had the same dream as their other half.
  • LAW ENFORCEMENTLAW ENFORCEMENT Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    You may have been both subconsciously influenced by the same thing.
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    How about there was really someone who came up the stairs and peered round the door dressed in orange?

You both "saw" this person whilst you were half-awakened. Both of you thought it was a dream, but it really happened.

Now, that is really scary :eek:
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallysally wrote: »
    How about there was really someone who came up the stairs and peered round the door dressed in orange?

You both "saw" this person whilst you were half-awakened. Both of you thought it was a dream, but it really happened.

Now, that is really scary :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTghUoScGO8

:eek:

:D
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Now, that is really scary!