Is Zak Dingle on benefits?

BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How does he support his massive family?. I know Lisa works but surely Zack should as well unless he has a bad back or somethin. Does Zack claim jobseekers, I think Sam does

Comments

• Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Not sure :confused: doesn't he work at Moira's farm sometimes? although I doubt that brings in much wage.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does he support his massive family?. I know Lisa works but surely Zack should as well unless he has a bad back or somethin. Does Zack claim jobseekers, I think Sam does

The only ones that need supporting are Belle and Samson. :confused:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    The only ones that need supporting are Belle and Samson. :confused:

Samson works. He is an adult with his own child ;-) There's only Belle and she's in prison :p

Anyway as has been mentioned he works for Moira at the farm.
  • ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Zak has ever supported his family properly, Lisa's been the consistent backbone and support of the family.
    Forum Member

What massive family :confused: Belle is the only child. Anyway he works for Moira. All the Dingles have jobs it seems.
  • BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just curious 'caus I'm a year new to ED. Zak seems like a gd father from wt I can tell but he seems like a bit of a 'layabout'. Kinda like frank gallagher. His job with moira seems like a contract job not a proper career.

I think ED is an accurate potrayal on how tough the job market is. The poor lad Sam for example is always strugglin 'caus he doesn't hv any experience :(.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samson works. He is an adult with his own child ;-) There's only Belle and she's in prison :p

Sam is the adult, Samson is, erm, Sams son :p
    Forum Member

:blush: Oops. Still why would Zak have to keep him :confused: Surely that's Sam's responsibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush: Oops. Still why would Zak have to keep him :confused: Surely that's Sam's responsibility.

He shouldn't really, but as he lives in Zak's house he counts :D
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Sam has a job at home Farm and until he was conned by Tracy was still living within his means - it was mentioned when he got the credit card. I'd imagine he hands all his earnings over to Lisa who puts them in the 'pot' for food, utilities, Samson's clothes etc leaving him a nominal amount for beer. Zak works at Moira's and also I think at Home Farm sometimes. Lisa has always worked. I think that house has been in the family for generations so doubt there is a mortgage. They don't exactly fork out on the latest mod cons do they so I don't see why they wouldn'( be able to cope. Cain, Debbie, Marlon, charity are all self sufficient. Basically there are 5 people in that house, 3 of whom are adults that work. I'd say they are better off than a lot of families.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    He shouldn't really, but as he lives in Zak's house he counts :D

Not if he's earning and paying them rent. If anything they are better off having him there than if he moved out as they'd have to be paying electricity, gas etc for the 3 of them anyway.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't that the joke ??
    (there's a winky smiley after it) :D
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Zak ever recover that money he buried up on t' moors, when he had his depression storyline ??
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Didn't Zak used to make money by bare knuckle fighting in his younger days?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to have a "pot" on the table & anybody bringing in money contributed to it (similar to the Boswells in Bread). Zak did indeed make money fighting in the past but since then it has been cash in hand odd jobs & illegal activities ;)
  • BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cains the wealthiest dingle caus he owns a mechanic business. Its ashame for zack that most of his family r in well paid careers, even charitys quite wealthy I think.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't he on pension yet?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't they run their own farm?
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

What massive family :confused: Belle is the only child. Anyway he works for Moira. All the Dingles have jobs it seems.

Samson is Sam's boy. As for Zak I think he "finds" things to sell round and about the area and I think they breed and sell pigs. He did some work at Home Farm with Sam but whether or not he'll get work with Laurence remains to be seen. Lisa works at the factory. They all contribute what they can to the pot.