Android Lolipop

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
Has anyone got the new Android Lollipop today for Android systems?

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Android L will start being rolled out to the existing nexus devices week commencing 3rd November.

link
    Update: The Nexus devices will start getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA update starting Nov. 3
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    cmorris wrote: »
    Has anyone got the new Android Lollipop today for Android systems?
    Android does not work like that! The base code may be released from Google today but it needs tailored (by the manufacturer) to each device.
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it fix the BBC's iPlayer problems I wonder?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y Me wrote: »
    Will it fix the BBC's iPlayer problems I wonder?

I wondered that too, but I'm not holding my breath to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    Android does not work like that! The base code may be released from Google today but it needs tailored (by the manufacturer) to each device.

Not if it's an unlocked Nexus. If you buy your phone from an official carrier (O2/Vodaphone etc), they can modify the stock image with their own bloatware, which means they need to test/modify a new release before releasing it on their own networks.

If you bought your handset any other way, you should get the new version as soon as Google release it, but you can bet that all the carriers have been testing Lollipop since Google first released the developer preview. Expect current Nexus devices to start getting it from the beginning of November.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, HTC have promised the M7 and M8 will get it within 90 days of release.