LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 21)

Comments

• gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane Ritchie's tweet about J O'B.

If James O'brien @Lbc973 says the sun is shining today, then I believe him, articulate , informative, an endearing smart arse , love him x

I bet Steve is pleased for him. ;)
  • Shirley-HeightsShirley-Heights Posts: 7,296
    Forum Member
    I didn't think he ever slagged of LBC, it seemed as if he was having a go at radio London when he thought 94.9 had got it wrong and 97.3
    were on the bigger news stories faster.

As for the earlier post about Steve and The Dame I also instantly thought of Bowie.:)

Apologies, maybe my comment was too harsh, but he does have the odd snipe at LBC. I just laugh as I like him and some LBC presenters so I am happy to be able to switch between the two stations.
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutleykaz wrote: »
    I don't know how to double quote and do bold but you two crack me up with your comments. For anyone remotely interested it was archery comment and the Duncy pooh references. Thanks for the giggle, always welcome.

Glad to be of assistance Mutters,thanks, my doctor always gets the giggles as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    Ah yes, but calling the internet "the internets" or even "the internetz" is a cool and trendy "in" thing to do which is a nod and a wink to other cyberland dwellers that you are a member of the in crowd who is in the know about these things.

Oh, is it now .. thanks for that .. (I will tease them next time by telling them they should be spelling it with a 'zed' :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Oh dear :cry: I have to turn off - Iain has just announced Jacqui Smith as, ' Our special treat.' :eek:

Cripes :eek: (again! :D)
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Jacqui Smith a treat????

Dread to think of our punishment then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain asking who we voted for and why. I was tempted to email that I voted for Boris so we could have Ken back with Dave on LBC! :D
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only listened to the final hour of Iain and JS and it wasn't too bad. That duo does seem to work.

However I only lasted 15 minutes of H wishing that Clive was back tonight.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain asking who we voted for and why. I was tempted to email that I voted for Boris so we could have Ken back with Dave on LBC! :D

You should have :D Though, he may not have read it , in deference to his co- presenter's sensibilities. :o
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    You're spot on - I love Danny Baker's shows. Funny, clever, innovative and light-hearted without ever being patronising.

Another Danny fan here. So much doom and gloom around, it's good just to have a couple of hours of fun and japes.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has Adam Boulton been "our political editor"? He works for Sky News.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it me or does AD just go on and on and on and on and on, switched him off .
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AL89 wrote: »

Too dry and no humour unlike Nick Abbott. AD need to lighten up. I don't remember him being so dull when he joined LBC.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Ken return to LBC if he doesn't get the Mayor of London job?
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AL89 wrote: »
    No, not just you. When I used to listen to him on nights he was one of the most tedious presenters on LBC, made worse by his continual reading out of numbskull texts (he didn't get many callers) and his cringing attempts at 'Tony Blackburn'.type humourThen there's all that 'y'know, y'know' in his patter..I don't suppose he's changed much now.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Let us hope so. Londoners are welcome to dangerous and ghastly toff Boris. He'll look after the very wealthy and crush the poor.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Too dry and no humour unlike Nick Abbott. AD need to lighten up. I don't remember him being so dull when he joined LBC.

Me neither, Chin. I think he must have had a personality transplant while he was away.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

If so, expect the first six months of his show to be about one
    subject just as he did last time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    If so, expect the first six months of his show to be about one
    subject just as he did last time!

I was thinking that. The bitterness and bitching about Boris was painful until he managed to get over it.

Morning all. :)
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Collins for the 10-1 shift please , sorry AD you sound like a nice guy but about as entertaining as the test card.
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

Did you send it to AD instead? He read out an email saying just this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,929
    Forum Member
    I was thinking that. The bitterness and bitching about Boris was painful until he managed to get over it.

Morning all. :)

That would be true if he was on his own but David won't let him. That's the whole point of the show for me. Ken can be an eternal bore on his own but together it's the best show
    on LBC in my opinion.

ETA Ooer why did my post get chopped? Super Tech Shirl will tell me i hope!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was tempted to email that I voted for Boris so we could have Ken back with Dave on LBC! :D

This must the first time anyone has wished someone doesn't get a job,. so that he can take another job :D (presuming it is offered back to him).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutleykaz wrote: »

ETA Ooer why did my post get chopped? Super Tech Shirl will tell me i hope!

'Mr Forum Guru' here ;)

Don't expect Shirl to help - she doesn't know one end of post to another !!

What has happened?
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Goodnes me, Steve Allen fessed up to being pulled over by the cops, in slow moving/almost stationary traffic, for being on his mobile or at least doing something with it!
    However after much crawling and explanation managed to avoid those three penalty points on his licence.
    Said it might have been due to his politeness and the type of car he was driving.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.