Best seasons of Big Brother US

Comments

• JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Currently watching Season 9, which Im finding hit and miss, however it is better than BB5 and BB12..

Anyway just had the final 4 HOH competition and im livid!
    Sharon was in the lead going into the last question and then Julie asks a trick question about relationships in the house which turned out to be the Guinea pigs!!! A terrible trick question that inevitably lost the HOH for Sharon and Ryan wins..

Haven't seen the rest yet but its pretty obvious Sharon has to win the POV to stay in the game.

Oh and if you haven't guessed Sharon is my favourite:p

Im not even sure if people will read this or care, but I had to rant somewhere :rolleyes:

Oh yeah that moment really was a big bullsh*t moment in the show. On top of the lack of likable people, the terrible first boot idea that almost sent a good player home and just some plain nasty moments, both on the show and on the feeds (Chelsia/Joshuah talking trash about how Amandas dad hanged himself for instance). Oh and the fact that Adam and Matt are both in jain... All just makes the worst season for me :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Currently watching Season 9, which Im finding hit and miss, however it is better than BB5 and BB12..

Anyway just had the final 4 HOH competition and im livid!
    Sharon was in the lead going into the last question and then Julie asks a trick question about relationships in the house which turned out to be the Guinea pigs!!! A terrible trick question that inevitably lost the HOH for Sharon and Ryan wins..

Haven't seen the rest yet but its pretty obvious Sharon has to win the POV to stay in the game.

Oh and if you haven't guessed Sharon is my favourite:p

Im not even sure if people will read this or care, but I had to rant somewhere :rolleyes:

I found that competition very unfair....
    My favourite season was BB6. I was totally hooked on that season, BB7 was too much Janelle.
  • Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabon wrote: »
    I found that competition very unfair....
    My favourite season was BB6. I was totally hooked on that season, BB7 was too much Janelle.

Really?

BB6 is my favourite too and BB7 is a close second.. Janelle is by far my most favourite contestant in BB US History!
    I was convinced every week was her last week in BB6/BB7 and she just kept winning POV/HOH when needed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesbuc wrote: »
    Oh yeah that moment really was a big bullsh*t moment in the show. On top of the lack of likable people, the terrible first boot idea that almost sent a good player home and just some plain nasty moments, both on the show and on the feeds (Chelsia/Joshuah talking trash about how Amandas dad hanged himself for instance). Oh and the fact that Adam and Matt are both in jain... All just makes the worst season for me :P

I stopped watching it cause I found out
    Adam wins with Ryan in second

Can't belive what Adam and Matt did afterwards..:eek:

I hope if there is ever another Allstars season that Sharon gets asked back,
    she was robbed of a place in the BB9 final

My final ratings...

1.. BB6
    2.. BB7
    3.. BB4
    4.. BB5
    5.. BB12
    6.. BB9

(Didn't watch BB1, 2, 3, 8, 10 and 11 I know who wins through various spoilers)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Really?

BB6 is my favourite too and BB7 is a close second.. Janelle is by far my most favourite contestant in BB US History!
    I was convinced every week was her last week in BB6/BB7 and she just kept winning POV/HOH when needed!

don't get me wrong. I like Janelle, one of the best Big Brother players. However, All-stars was about all the big characters coming back.
    However, the show quickly turned into...will Janelle stayed another week? show.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching it cause I found out
    Adam wins with Ryan in second

Can't belive what Adam and Matt did afterwards..:eek:

I hope if there is ever another Allstars season that Sharon gets asked back,
    she was robbed of a place in the BB9 final

My final ratings...

1.. BB6
    2.. BB7
    3.. BB4
    4.. BB5
    5.. BB12
    6.. BB9

(Didn't watch BB1, 2, 3, 8, 10 and 11 I know who wins through various spoilers)

You should still try and watch them even though you know who wins, especially Season 2, 3, and 10. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabon wrote: »
    don't get me wrong. I like Janelle, one of the best Big Brother players. However, All-stars was about all the big characters coming back.
    However, the show quickly turned into...will Janelle stayed another week? show.

I kinda have to agree with you there! :p

Redmond, I might try 10 alright.. as im sure I'll need to get another BB USA fix before July:)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesbuc wrote: »
    I think it also helped that the 'villains' of the series were more akin to cartoon characters than actual villains with malicious intent (See BB8's Dick, BB9's Joshuah and BB11's Natalie)

Yeah exactly. I mean, one of them was nicknamed Manchelle. I think that says it all :D
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Yeah exactly. I mean, one of them was nicknamed Manchelle. I think that says it all :D

LOL. I had completely forgotton about that name. I meant more with the baby temper tantrums that Ollie/April/Manchelle and Jerry all did at one point or another.
  • pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB2
    BB10
    BB3

The rest were pretty average/awful. I found 8 and 9 completely unwatchable.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re-watching BB12 at the moment while waiting for BB13 and I have to say Annie is my immediate favourite all over again.

Made me laugh so much when Brendon and Rachel are on the hammock with Annie and they're talking about their sciences and just the whole mood is summed up perfectly by Annie, "It felt like I was watching my parents having sex."

Annie for an unfinished business series hopefully! I wish she could make BB All Stars 2 (whenever it happens) but I see Rachel/Britney/Matt being the first choices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt so bad for Annie. Everyone said she was a sucky saboteur because she was the first to go, but she did a good job of keeping it a secret from everyone else, and went for completely unrelated reasons that I still don't quite understand. :p

From what I recall, she seemed really decent on the main shows, but all the live feed viewers hated her! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking, for all the talk of Allstars 2, it's probably more likely that the next returning housemate season will have a theme, kind of like Survivor and The Amazing Race did in their second Allstar runs.

I wonder what BB might do. The casts are always so much smaller than Survivor, so it might be pretty hard to pull off a strong theme without cutting out lots of good players.
  • 3rd World Disco3rd World Disco Posts: 22,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt so bad for Annie. Everyone said she was a sucky saboteur because she was the first to go, but she did a good job of keeping it a secret from everyone else, and went for completely unrelated reasons that I still don't quite understand. :p

From what I recall, she seemed really decent on the main shows, but all the live feed viewers hated her! :p

From the first night of the feeds until her eviction, quite a few of her fellow hamsters thought she was the saboteur! :D

There was also the mess that blossomed over the initial three hours featuring an awkward joke by Andrew. Each time Annie would enter another room and recount the event for a new cluster of hamsters, the story would mutate and grow like Rebecca Shiner.
    Near the end of hour three, Annie was recounting a harrowing tale of sexual assault.

Ah, Annie. You're a decent housemate in retrospect I guess.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was her personality that made her a great houseguest imo.

We didn't get to see her play much of the game so its difficult to judge her on gameplay but her exit interview and diary rooms were the most entertaining/absorbing.

I was under the impression the decision to put Annie on the block after Brendon won Veto was because she was close to Brendon, so that either way, Rachel or Annie, Brendon being targeted by the Brigade would lose an ally.

I wasn't keen on the saboteur twist at first but was coming round to it by the time she was evicted. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    My list:

BB10 - One of the rare examples of a back to basics season working out well. Really enjoyed the Housemates and the live feeds this year. For some reason this season felt more like a Big Brother season to me out of all the USA to date. Production manipulation seemed to have died down. Since Big Brother is CBS' summer staple I guess they stepped in after the two blatant instances in BB8/9. Despite being the lowest rating season it did increase the 18-34 demographic that BB9 destroyed.

BB3 - A great example how the USA format is done, few but good twists, good mix of Housemates. If you want to get into BBUSA this is one of the seasons I recommend you watching first.

BB2 - A complete 360 from BB1, even though the Housemates were more competitive than in other BB's this season also had great moments that made it one of the classic BB seasons around the world (and I have seen alot and have read about other ones as well)

BB11 - A nice twist I never thought I would see in BBUSA (high school cliques, grouping them together). Great funny moments and yes I was a J&J fan. The Have and Have Nots were a nice change as well.

BB6 - Drama, this was an entertaining season after a somewhat dull that BB5 proved to be.

BB5 - Some likeable Housemates, the twin twist I will admit was creative even though I didn't like how the twins were in the House. Dull at times.

BB1 - I know that this is often regarded as the worst season but when looking back at the Housemates there were some I did like and rooted for. Kinda wished some of them were on different seasons. Aside from the fact that a majority of the Housemates were boring and wanted everyone to be "happy" I wished there were a better mix of Housemates and that our BB1 copied BB1 UK in that the evictions were weekly and not bi-weekly. I think that because the evictions were bi-weekly, the people chosen to enter, and the backstage drama led to the original format not succeeding. But this season had to have done something right or CBS wouldn't have brought it back at all.

BB12 - While dull at times it was hard to chose a favorite, the Diary Room sessions of one particular HM made me watch the CBS broadcast to see what she would do next.

BB8 - I did enjoy this season up until one point where the producers did manipulate the program into their favor. They should have made sure that everything the AP had to make a decision on was the public vote. Plus one contestant should have been expelled in my opinion (and no not Evel Dick although they should have given him strikes and aired the discussion on air).

BB7 - I did not like the fact that the All Star season was a main season and it was the central twist. I wished that this season aired in June as a spin-off then followed by a regular season in July. Hopefully if the producers want to do an All-Stars season in the future CBS will air it in June for 20some days and then air a regular edition in July. In a way this season did mirror BB6 and was the most predictable.

BB4 - Can't say this season didn't have drama but what put it so low on my list was the final two.

BB9 - This is honestly the worst season out of all twelve IMO and from a ratings standpoint. Continuing on with the production manipulation that was present in BB8 plus an unlikable group of HMs and the producers choosing not to expel one HM over controversial remarks that shouldn't have been tolerated. From a ratings standpoint Big Brother should have been cancelled. Even though BB1 experienced declining ratings throughout its run it still had high 18-34 ratings in that demographic. BB9 failed on all accounts in two different countries.
    Forum Member
    alucard719 wrote: »
    and the producers choosing not to expel one HM over controversial remarks that shouldn't have been tolerated.

LOL, you mean Adams 'retard' comment? If you saw the live feeds, there were MUCH nastier and worse comments made (Chelsia/Joshuah taunting Amanda over her fathers death, Joshuah and comments about Shiela's son/Natalies mum, threatning to rip out Shiela's hair, dumping pickle juice and water over Natalie with James help)
  • bbjay1118bbjay1118 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Horrible personalities. Complete lack of strategic gameplay. Stupid couples twist. Nobody to root for. Half the cast are now in jail.

:D

Sheila was a good social gameplayer, she sucked at competitions though. She flipped the house a few times, but doesnt get the credit.
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Seasons

BB2 - Great seasons, and was nice to have people who didnt know one another. Great housemates, and without doubt two of the best Players in the game made the final, however Will was a great Winner.

BB6 - A good season because of the divide among the housemates which made it unmissable. The constant power struggle was tense, and great housemates like Janelle and James

BB3 - Good Cast, espically Dainelle and Jason, however poor winner

BB10 - Good season with good gameplayers. Main problem, I know he seems loved, but I didnt want Dan to win, I perfered Memphis

BB8 - Good Twist at start and some intresting chracters, bad winner, would of liked Dianele to win.

MEH SEASONS

BB5 - Nice twists, but half the houseguests were unbareable
    Jenifer was robbed.

BB7 - Not a very good all stars in my view

BB11 - Okayish, but Chima made it intresting

BB12 - Same as above, was okay, but too many good ones went

BB1 - Same as 12 all the intresting ones went first

POOR SEASONS

BB4 - God terrible twist and all the good ones went first

BB9 - Just no.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I recently watched Season 10 again, and it is definitely one of the best. There was always something going on, big personalities and everyone playing the game. None of them were lukewarm. I didn't particularly like any of them, and there were clashes all the time. Lots of fireworks and drama and strategy. It's right up there with season 2 and 3 as the best. Season 6 was great because of the split in the house, didn't like the end, but great season, season 8 I loved because of the feeds, not so much the episodes. Season 11 had its moments but the JJ showmance turned me off and the final two were a let down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BB3 - Good Cast, espically Dainelle and Jason, however poor winner

BB8 - Good Twist at start and some intresting chracters, bad winner, would of liked Dianele to win.

Hantz, is that you? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://twtpoll.com/p5tqf3

Favourite first eviction poll
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hantz, is that you? :p

WHAT?
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://twtpoll.com/p5tqf3

Favourite first eviction poll

Alison, obviously.:p Didn't mind Annie, but Alison was way better, no one else could say they hid in a plant-pot to eavesdrop. I didn't want Danielle to go either but BB7 would have been a more fun season if she'd stayed longer.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finished watching BB10.. I was impressed! I really enjoyed it! The only thing was I knew Dan won it from the start, so I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't know that but I still enjoyed it anyway.

Keesha was my favourite from that season.

I seem to have a thing for blondes in the Big Brother House.. Janelle, Keesha, Britney! :rolleyes: