Is VAT inclusive on contracts?

Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
Forum Member
✭✭
Im on 3 and just lookin at my bill and im beeing charged 15% on top of my bill is this the normal? yet if u go into my3 via planet 3 it says they wil deduct 2.5% as per the vat cut.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    Yes, you pay VAT on phone bills. It is currently 15%, so your bill is correct. It used to be 17.5%, so the difference between the old and new rate is the 2.5% they have mentioned.
  • Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My tarrif is £15 a month. Isnt it included in that?
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My tarrif is £15 a month. Isnt it included in that?

Yes your tariff @ £15 includes the vat , if you make calls over and above your allowance this will push up your monthly bill from £15 and attract additional vat

You should see your monthly charge reduce from £15 to around £14.67

old price should be approx £12.76 + Vat (17.5%) £2.23 = £15

New price should be approx £12.76 + Vat ( 15%) £1.91 =
    £14.67
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks. On my bill it states £14.68 which is my bill then plus £2.20 15% VAT. i have gone over last month by £2.15
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks. On my bill it states £14.68 which is my bill then plus £2.20 15% VAT. i have gone over last month by £2.15

Sounds about right allowing for my poor maths

I only used to go to school on Fridays as I loved the fish :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds about right allowing for my poor maths

I only used to go to school on Fridays as I loved the fish :)

if it sounds about right the ur other post is a contradiction. if VAT is inclusive then this is how i see my bill. it starts at £15 minus 2.5% which brings it too £14.67ish then they've added 15% again £2.20 so if VAT is inclusive then why add it again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not as simple as £15 less 2.5%

£15 is inclusive of vat @ 17.5%

£14.67 (approx) inclusive of vat @ 15%

all they have done is split the vat down , if you add your standard monthly payment without vat to the the extra calls you have made and then add vat on both @ 15% you will possibly find the figure is vat on the total of the bill

Something like this

Monthly contract £12. 76 ( excl vat )

extra calls £ 2.15 ( Excl vat )

sub total £ 14.91 ( Excl vat )

vat @ 15% on S total £17.14 monthly total
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So VAT isnt added to calls until a later date then? i think u dont know what i mean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me exactly what your bill states and what your question is ?

Your old price was £15 including vat @ 17.5% your new tariff is £14.67 including vat @ 15%

If you make any calls or texts outside of your allowance you will pay vat @ 15% on those extra calls or services ?

You will get charge vat on the bill they are charged on and not sometime in the future

If this is your first bill since the vat changed
    ( 1st December ) there may be a further discount to cover vat paid @ 17.5% from the 1st December

Check an old bill you will the actual price difference in 15% and 17.5% charged