iPhone 5S - 7-10 October for Delivery?!

jab6ccjab6cc Posts: 29
Forum Member
Ouch!

I managed to order it within five minutes of it going on sale, but will have to wait until 7-10 October for delivery ... that's pretty shocking.

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    which network? or from apple?

It's really limited stock at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even order it. It just keeps saying that the payment authorisation has failed, even though I know all the details are correct.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be major supply problems if even Apple won't deliver for over 2 weeks…..
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Must be major supply problems if even Apple won't deliver for over 2 weeks…..

I've seen the retail stock files for iPhone 5s for both Three and EE and the stock is very very low. Even in flagship stores. Much lower compared to the 5 last year.

O2 won't have any stock in store for 5s at all.

The iPhone 5c stock is double or even triple the amount in a lot of stores.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes just ordered mine 7-10 days and you cant have express delivery either, Do we think they are giving more to the networks for contracts before people who want to buy the phone outright ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add wonder in 24 hours time , how long it will take to get the phone ??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like I won't be getting the 5s for some time then. I really don't know why it's failing to authorise my card. It's the same one that I use for iTunes and the App Store, and there's plenty of credit on it.
  • jab6ccjab6cc Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I ordered from Apple direct ... I've been saving up for half the cost of a 64-gig and bunged it on an interest-free Mastercard so I can pay the balance off in the new year.

I don't know what the queues are like in Glasgow but there's no way I'd be waiting outside til 8am on a night like this, if stock is really *that* low! :(
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UK isn't the only one both Germany and France started off with 7-10 days as well.

I did plan to go to an Apple Store to try my luck but i doubt i will given these stock levels just glad i was able to order one online.

Which iPhone did everyone go for?

Ordered myself the black 16gb
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gold just for a change , but im going to put a new otter box cover on to it when it comes out, Apple want 35 for a basic cover, what a rip off.
  • jab6ccjab6cc Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector? Would one for the 5 do me?
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary77 wrote: »
    Ordered myself the black 16gb
    Black 32GB.

I don't really mind the shipping delay. It gives me something to look forward to in a couple of weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it might come quicker , it saaid this 2 years ago, and came in 5 days for me.
    Forum Member
    Gold version will be delayed the most. Followed by White. Then Black.
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,650
    Forum Member
    jab6cc wrote: »
    I don't know what the queues are like in Glasgow but there's no way I'd be waiting outside til 8am on a night like this, if stock is really *that* low! :(

I went to Basingstoke this morning, got there at 7:25am and about 200 (max) people queuing. By 7:45am the Apple blue shirt guys were saying "no 5s's at all" so about 40% of the queue left!!

Ordered online at 8:12 (when I got home) and 7-10 days - black/space grey/64gb.
    Forum Member
    Yup. Like I said. No gold and very limited white. Black is in good supply but still really really limited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised Apple doesn't offer stock levels online or on there Apple Store app.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Yup. Like I said. No gold and very limited white. Black is in good supply but still really really limited.
    And everywhere seems to be drowning in all "flavours" of the 5C. My cynical side is telling me that Apple are wanting first-time buyers to just go for the 5C, then upgrade to the 6 or 6S (if either end up existing), whereas with a 5S you'd probably hold off to 7.

The online store now showing a rather imprecise "October" for despatch on all 5S varieties. Assuming the previous "7-10 days" is still accurate, I'm glad I ordered soon after midnight now; my plan had been to wait for my new 0% credit card and pay off over 15 months, but I'm doing a balance transfer (on the same terms + small fee) instead.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    jab6cc wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector? Would one for the 5 do me?

Would be fine for the 5c but the 5s has a bigger button/scanner so if that's what you're ordering, no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen that the iPhone 5s have slipped to October now for all colours and storage. Glad i got mine when i did
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how much is the 32gb 5s on three?
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    how much is the 32gb 5s on three?

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s?tab=Features.&memory=16&colour=Space_Grey

Whoops sorry I linked to the 16GB prices, just change the selector to 32GB:)
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s?tab=Features.&memory=16&colour=Space_Grey

Whoops sorry I linked to the 16GB prices, just change the selector to 32GB:)

the link doesnt work for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    the link doesnt work for me

Works fine for me, just go to the 3 website then if it won't work:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get a 5S from Tmobile for a very low monthly sum of £7 a month

http://screencast.com/t/XWsgvu7d

Can't imagine anyone going for it tbh