Options

Best 7" Tablet?

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, after looking around for a brand new tablet, I've settled on the new Fire HD which is released this coming week.

£139 seems pretty good for the specs, but was it the best choice? It'll be mainly used for internet.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd add another £20 and get the nexus 7 2013. It has a better display (1080p), a quad core processor and you will be able to download apps from the Google play store which has a lot more content than the Amazon app store.
  • Options
    Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second that. O2's online store have the 32gb Nexus 7 at £149.99.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Hi, after looking around for a brand new tablet, I've settled on the new Fire HD which is released this coming week.

£139 seems pretty good for the specs, but was it the best choice? It'll be mainly used for internet.

Thanks

This is the 3rd thread you've started on the new Kindle Fire. Why not just wait for it to turn up and see if you like it?
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nexus 7 2013 seems ok though I haven't figured out how to make it display webpages as consistently as an Ipad but avoid the earlier version , mine's slowed down so much it needs a full factory reset almost monthly in order to make it even slightly useable .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't decide in all honesty. Is either the year old tablet Nexus 7, or the newly released Fire HD. At least I've rounded it down to two tablets. I need to buy 2 of whatever I chose.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    I just can't decide in all honesty. Is either the year old tablet Nexus 7, or the newly released Fire HD. At least I've rounded it down to two tablets. I need to buy 2 of whatever I chose.

The kindle fire HD isn't really new. They Just keep rehashing the 2012 model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kindle fire HD isn't really new. They Just keep rehashing the 2012 model.

It is... the current model is dual core, the new one is quad core and has a much more powerful graphics processor.
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco's Hudl 2 could be a clever alternative, it launches this Friday. http://www.tesco.com/emailImages/hudl2/hudl2.html
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Nexus 7 2013 seems ok though I haven't figured out how to make it display webpages as consistently as an Ipad but avoid the earlier version , mine's slowed down so much it needs a full factory reset almost monthly in order to make it even slightly useable .

They don't have much of a shelf life, do they. You'd hope they'd last a bit longer than 2 years.