Options

Who Voted For Cheryl In 2002?

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
Forum Member
Back in 2002 did you vote for Cheryl to get into Girls Aloud? I did. I wouldnt have predicted she would be such a massive star a few yeas later and end up as a judge on one of these shows. But she was likeable at the time even though she didnt have the best voice. So go on, dont be ashamed. come out and admit it. You voted for Cheryl on Popstars The Rivals!

Comments

• Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember it well. She was the geordie stunner with chubby dimple cheeks. I didn't vote for anyone but wanted her to get in the band.
    I remember liking Nadine alot aswell.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, thought she was talentless then with zero charisma and nothing has changed as far as I am concerned. She can afford hairdressers, make up artists and stylists now - only difference.
  • Options
    musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for them all except Sarah and I'm glad. :)
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering this was the competition, Cheryl was more than worthy of her votes! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I did! I voted for Nicola, Cheryl and Sarah!

I hated Nadine because of the fact she lied about her age before!
  • Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good grief no, she was dreadful, i was utterly gobsmacked when she got in. she has improved since to be fair.

it's strange though thinking back, my memory of PS:TR is that the girls got slaughtered by the boys every week on the live shows & were basically a shambles & i couldn't help thinking that the Christmas No 1 race was going to be a non event. at that point Pete Waterman put his feet up, job done, while Louis Walsh found a cracker of a song & the rest, as they say, is history.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I think I voted for Kimberly and that Aimee girl who was on there but I did like Cheryl. Who knows why, both her and Sarah were terrible.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vickilou wrote: »
    I think I voted for Kimberly and that Aimee girl who was on there but I did like Cheryl. Who knows why, both her and Sarah were terrible.

In my opinion Kimberley was and still is the worst.

i mean watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omAJrET1jDs

lol enough said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Back in 2002 did you vote for Cheryl to get into Girls Aloud? I did. I wouldnt have predicted she would be such a massive star a few yeas later and end up as a judge on one of these shows. But she was likeable at the time even though she didnt have the best voice. So go on, dont be ashamed. come out and admit it. You voted for Cheryl on Popstars The Rivals!

No, I voted for Nicola. She was the best singer. It really annoyed me when Louis overruled Geri when she didn't originally get put through to the final stages because he didn't find her sexy enough :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    INSOMNIA56 wrote: »
    good grief no, she was dreadful, i was utterly gobsmacked when she got in. she has improved since to be fair.

it's strange though thinking back, my memory of PS:TR is that the girls got slaughtered by the boys every week on the live shows & were basically a shambles & i couldn't help thinking that the Christmas No 1 race was going to be a non event. at that point Pete Waterman put his feet up, job done, while Louis Walsh found a cracker of a song & the rest, as they say, is history.

I remember it the same way. The boys weeks were really entertaining with great vocals and real charisma. The girls weeks were like a bad karaoke night in a Yates Wine Bar in any downmarket town. Just watching through your fingers embarassing.

If Louis would have managed the boys and Pete the girls, we'd have never seen the girls again.

I do think though the boy band looked wrong. The 2 young ones just didn't fit with the 3 others
  • Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    I remember it the same way. The boys weeks were really entertaining with great vocals and real charisma. The girls weeks were like a bad karaoke night in a Yates Wine Bar in any downmarket town. Just watching through your fingers embarassing.

If Louis would have managed the boys and Pete the girls, we'd have never seen the girls again.

I do think though the boy band looked wrong. The 2 young ones just didn't fit with the 3 others

wonder if Girls Aloud would have been as successful if Javine had got in.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the minute Cheryl appeared at the audition, it was obvious she had something. Not great vocally but she certainly had... erm what shall we call it?.... I know!!! The X-Factor!