Acceptable in the 80's (and 90's)....

Purple-flowerPurple-flower Posts: 341
Forum Member
Hello everyone, just been taking a trip down memory lane and was watching "bangers and mash" a cartoon from my youth on youtube. So I thought we could use this thread to reminisce about our favourite cartoons from the 80's and 90's!

I think there was a thread like this years ago but I can't find it so please use this one

Post your favourite :)

I loved Chip n Dale rescue rangers :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Captain Caaaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaaan! was a favourite of mine :D

I also loved Tom & Jerry (yes, I know they were made decades before the 80s, but I think the 80s was probably the last time you got to see them before they were deemed to be too un PC) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Raggy Dolls (dolls like you and meee :D)

Superted

Rugrats

I loooved the Dino babies, who remembers them/

And the family ness, that was a great one!

And the Busy world of richard scarry, (something like that it was called)

Babaar

Williams wish wellingtons....... I badly wanted some magic wellies lol
    Forum Member
    Ohhh and the racoons!

And the gummies bears........ I watched too much television :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Fantastic Max, but no-one really remembers it except for me! It was about a baby who had adventures - to quote the theme tune 'in a four ply daiper, and a safety pin'. Class :D

Jamie and the Magic Torch.

Pigeon Street (Long Distance Clara, do do dodododo do do)

Wasn't so much a cartoon as a claymation - but Bertha used to be a big favourite too. Roy Kinnear was never finer.
    Forum Member
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    I used to like Fantastic Max, but no-one really remembers it except for me! It was about a baby who had adventures - to quote the theme tune 'in a four ply daiper, and a safety pin'. Class :D

Jamie and the Magic Torch.

Pigeon Street (Long Distance Clara, do do dodododo do do)

Wasn't so much a cartoon as a claymation - but Bertha used to be a big favourite too. Roy Kinnear was never finer.

The only one I've heard of is Pigeon street :o
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only one I've heard of is Pigeon street :o

Go and look up 'Jamie And The Magic torch' on youtube. It's got one of the rockingest themes ever, and was genuinely barmy at times.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Humphrey Cushion, Mary, Mungo and Midge and Mr Ben. I loved those programmes.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Bananaman, Superted, Trap Door, The Raggy Dolls, The Little Vampire, Bertha, Greenclaws and Button Moon - loved them all!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    Bring back Humphrey Cushion, Mary, Mungo and Midge and Mr Ben. I loved those programmes.

I loved Mr Ben. I even enjoyed the american remake, although I'm satill not sure why they re-named it 'Quantum Leap'.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    I loved Fantastic Max, or Teste Max as my brother put it! We even had a couple of videos, it was brilliant!
  • Purple-flowerPurple-flower Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    gummi bears!
  • JelakinsJelakins Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Bentynes Potty Time!!! Oh how I wish I could find that on DVD!!!
    And Jackanory.... loved sitting on the settee... cat in lap, thumb in mouth, entralled!!!!

Oh yeah - and CRACKERJACK!!!
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Jelakins wrote: »
    Michael Bentynes Potty Time!!! Oh how I wish I could find that on DVD!!!
    And Jackanory.... loved sitting on the settee... cat in lap, thumb in mouth, entralled!!!!

Oh yeah - and CRACKERJACK!!!

You can :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Bentines-Potty-Time-DVD/dp/B00009KP0H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1285361914&sr=8-1-spell
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Pity as i was a little too old for cartoons in the 80's and 90's though my nephew was an avid watcher of Pingu and would watch them with him, some years ago i went through a faze of getting my hands on lots of old cartoon series ( mainly Hanna Barbera stuff, Hong Kong Phooey, Wacky Races, Top Cat, The Banana Splits, Jetsons, The Flintstones,
    Help!...It's The Hair Bear Bunch ) plus Mr Ben, and or course Pingu.... :)
  • kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Captain Caveman did it for me at the time but the best cartoon EVER has to be Fred Quimby's Tom and Jerry. Shame they don't get shown on terrestial TV any more .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    M.a.s.k.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »

You are officially my hero!!!!!!!! :D:D

It was my birthday last Tuesday and I will be buying me this on payday!!!

Happy birthday to me!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Pity as i was a little too old for cartoons in the 80's and 90's though my nephew was an avid watcher of Pingu and would watch them with him, some years ago i went through a faze of getting my hands on lots of old cartoon series ( mainly Hanna Barbera stuff, Hong Kong Phooey, Wacky Races, Top Cat, The Banana Splits, Jetsons, The Flintstones,
    Help!...It's The Hair Bear Bunch ) plus Mr Ben, and or course Pingu.... :)

MR BEN!!!!! Me and my old boss loved him so much... when my boss left our company we bought it for him as a leaving gift!!!