Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 37)

Comments

• Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cent wrote: »
    Rogey Mosey confirming (as if it were needed) that BBC Breakfast will broadcast live from Olympic Park on Friday 27th July, as it will during the games (as Olympic Breakfast).

The logic of BBC Sport and BBC Breakfast moving to Salford just before the London Olympics is very funny no matter how many times I read it!
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No BB ratings at all yet?

Judging by the rest... EE doing better, but still not over 7m! That's great for the Hotel Inspector.

Let's Get Gold, not the best of starts.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressed with When I Get Older, this was a very touching show about people who are dying and deserved its 3.72 million. Let's Get Gold didn't dramatically stiff, but ITV have nothing to celebrate about what looks like a bad show.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother?
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    No BB ratings at all yet?

Judging by the rest... EE doing better, but still not over 7m! That's great for the Hotel Inspector.
    Emmerdale - 5.92m (33.4%)
    Eastenders - 6.79m (35.9%) +2.5 768k = 7.56m
    Emmerdale - 6.34m (32.0%) +1 211k = 6.55m
    Coronation St - 6.99m (32.8%) +1 215k = 7.21m

Pretty good consolidated rating for EE, but down somewhat on 2011 - which had the Michael/Ronnie storyline,
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful rating for Lets Get Gold. I was wondering how the last ALW show rated on BBC so we can compare Superstar( Looking for Jesus programme) on Saturday night.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise about Let's Get Gold, though why they didn't stick it on three Saturdays where it would probably do slightly better I don't know.

Also don't see why they're putting Superstar at 9pm each night - could easily air 8.30-10pm with Corrie at 8pm on Tuesday and Wednesday to give it a boost, along with benefitting from being in the Corrie slot on Mon, Thur and Fri.

Talking of which I wonder if losing Corrie at 8.30pm on Thursday might hit their 9pm drama ratings, which have been quite good over the last couple of years. I'd have dropped the Friday episode myself as that at least gives them the option to run hour long shows at 8pm or repeat two hour dramas.
    Cent wrote: »
    Worth pointing out Watch had to pay up for that - against competition from ITV and Channel 4. He's one of the highest paid TV stars in the UK - he got £500,000 to do 8 episodes, along with a hefty slice of DVD sales.
    It would be interesting to know if there was any other demand for him when he first expressed interest in a series. I guess the advantage for him on Watch is he is very much their number one star, rather than just one part of the schedule.
    Jonwo wrote: »
    If Dynamo hadn't signed a deal with UKTV then I imagine one of the main broadcasters would try and poach him. Channel 4 I imagine would pay big bucks.
    It would be one star worth C4 poaching, but no they'd prefer someone from BBC2 instead.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Apparently Susanna Reid is stuck in Media City and Sian Williams :) is anchoring with Chris Hollins :mad:
    It's a shame they can't get Susanna down for the Olympic shows, but it seems it'll be one journalist and one sports journalist for the programme.
    Noel Edmonds to front BBC1 pilot
    6 July, 2012 | By Jake Kanter

Noel Edmonds could return to BBC1’s Saturday night line-up for the first time in 13 years with an entertainment show about celebrity bodyguards.
    Bring back Noel!
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    It's a shame they can't get Susanna down for the Olympic shows, but it seems it'll be one journalist and one sports journalist for the programme.

Bring back Noel!

Maybe Noel wants to move on from DOND. He's hosted it for 8 years and wants a hit on a major channel again. Also DOND still has a year's worth of shows to be shown.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    So The Midnight Beast didn't do too well for E4 last night. Do we reckon E4 will be concerned or not? And based on last night alone what are the odds of a second series?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know if there was any other demand for him when he first expressed interest in a series. I guess the advantage for him on Watch is he is very much their number one star, rather than just one part of the schedule.

It would be one star worth C4 poaching, but no they'd prefer someone from BBC2 instead.

Would C4 dare rock the boat with UKTV? They are a leading partner both in terms of managing their ad sales and also in content.
  • Options
    AnniesBoobsAnniesBoobs Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    E4
    21:00 - 2 Broke Girls: 800k (3.8%) inc +1

Anyone know if "Don't Trust the B-........" will be back on E4 for its 2nd season? Doesn't seem to have rated all too well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if "Don't Trust the B-........" will be back on E4 for its 2nd season? Doesn't seem to have rated all too well

US TV works in 2 season deals, so E4 definitely have the rights, but whether it has a prime time slot or is burnt off late at night remains to be seen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So The Midnight Beast didn't do too well for E4 last night. Do we reckon E4 will be concerned or not? And based on last night alone what are the odds of a second series?
    E4 shows do tend to grow their audience so they won't be too concerned yet, and E4 have given lower rating shows a second outing. I suspect too C4 may be more interested in how it might perform online rather than on TV too.
    Dancc wrote: »
    Would C4 dare rock the boat with UKTV? They are a leading partner both in terms of managing their ad sales and also in content.
    It would be a good deal for C4 to try and get the second broadcast rights, though I'd imagine UKTV will want to keep them for Dave.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »

Bring back Noel!

I thought Bill Turnbull was co-presenting the Olympic breakast show, that's what the BBC press release said
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    Big Brother?

Let me take a guess for you it will be somewhere between 1.3m and 1.6m just like every other week day for however many weeks its been dragging on for.

Strange problem this morning the Sky/Challenge text seemed to think it was December 2010, so there was 2 year old News, sport and Entertainment. Bit weird that.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Let me take a guess for you it will be somewhere between 1.3m and 1.6m just like every other week day for however many weeks its been dragging on for.

Strange problem this morning the Sky/Challenge text seemed to think it was December 2010, so there was 2 year old News, sport and Entertainment. Bit weird that.

Well, just like most ratings that are in a similar loop at the moment. I don't see how we can't demand BB ratings, when people talk hre about BBC VS. ITV1.

Just like with EE, "let me take a guess for you, it will be somewhere between 7m-8m just like every day"
  • Options
    5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen it all now...someone in the ratings thread moaning when someone has the gall to ask for some ratings. But then I suppose it actually counts as "off-topic" in here lately.
  • Options
    AnniesBoobsAnniesBoobs Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    US TV works in 2 season deals, so E4 definitely have the rights, but whether it has a prime time slot or is burnt off late at night remains to be seen
    Thanks for that, I didn't know...
    So 2BG and Revenge will be back on e4
    &
    OUAT and Person of Interest will be back on Channel 5? :)

I know that Happy Endings has has 2 season's on e4 already.......anyone know if they will air season 3? I don't know how well (or Bad) it rated for e4 this year
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Well, just like most ratings that are in a similar loop at the moment. I don't see how we can't demand BB ratings, when people talk hre about BBC VS. ITV1.

Just like with EE, "let me take a guess for you, it will be somewhere between 7m-8m just like every day"

You're right and also people would be quick to post BB ratings if they were falling and fitting into the narrative of those who don't like the show.
  • Options
    sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I thought Bill Turnbull was co-presenting the Olympic breakast show, that's what the BBC press release said

I am pretty sure the press release said Olympic Breakfast with Bill Turnbull & Hazel Irvine or Sian Williams & Chris Hollins
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray due on shortly - if he wraps it up as quickly as Federer did the first they won't need to worry about the 6pm news.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    Melanie Sykes was just on This Morning she said the show 'My Man Can' she is presenting with Mark Wright is filming in September and going to be on ITV1 Saturday nights in January 2013. Gonna be a "massive prime time game show" apparantly.
    just fire whoever its responsible for shows like "My Man Can" and "Going For Gold Now", its going to be best all around.

As for EastEnders, I think it did well to keep viewers after Wednesdays effort, I was worried people had given up on it totally. It will have helped that some didnt know it was on, so didnt see it.

Let's Get Gold, well ITV wish to open a second (or third) flop zone, is apparently coming true, it will be lucky to stay about 2 million by the end of its run.

How I Met Your Mother: isnt great for a first run episode, but then 20:30 is an odd time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Roof opening on Centre Court for Murray/Tsonga. Players out on court in 20 minutes to start the warm up.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Murray due on shortly - if he wraps it up as quickly as Federer did the first they won't need to worry about the 6pm news.

This is Murray, it will go to a 4th or 5th set...

Thursday 5th July 2012 - More Ratings
    BBC Two
    17:50 - Wimbledon 2012: 1.00m (5.9%)
    20:00 - Today at Wimbledon: 1.16m (5.7%)

Channel 4
    20:00 - Country House Rescue: 974k (4.7%), +1: 180k (0.9%)

Channel 5
    20:00 - Marco Pierre White's Kitchen Wars: 366k (1.8%)
    22:00 - Big Brother: 1.17m (6.6%)

Primetime Shares
    BBC One - 20.9%
    ITV1 - 19.4% (+1: 0.7%)
    BBC Two - 6.6%
    Channel 5 - 4.8% (+1: 0.3%)
    Channel 4 - 4.1% (+1: 0.8%)

First set is here. Source: DS.

What happened to MPW? :eek:
This discussion has been closed.