Options

Three in a Bed | New Series | Wednesday 18th March '15 - Ch4 - 8pm

Comments

• Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you don't actually know that for certain. I have worked in the mental health industry and she strikes me as an egotistical snob who thinks she's better than everyone else. There was nothing in her behaviour which suggested she is mentally ill.

Egotistical and living in Delusion City. I bet no one has ever answered her back, told her she is wrong and she is behaving like an absolute cow. If they did try she would just start whistling Dixie. She doesn't even classify as a reality TV nutter, at least they can be entertaining.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    Ask her if she watched the programme.

She did.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    personality disorders then...
    Exactly right, imo, Fiagomez - what are narcissism and sociopathy (and they are separate and different) other than mental health issues.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

So because she lost it was a fix.

Her behaviour and attitude to the others throughout the prog was a disgrace.
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's still blaming everyone else except herself.
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was dated September last year though. It's not usual for anyone other than big stars to see what's been filmed before transmission - does anyone know whether C4 do it for this programne? She could just have been getting her retaliation in first. Which would imply she knows exactly what she's doing and how she comes across.

Her friend seemed like a perfectly pleasant sensible man.

It was all very odd.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    It was indeed all going well at one stage
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/holidaytypeshub/article-597489/An-Inspector-Calls-Berwick-Tweed.html

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/england/northeast-england/berwick-upon-tweed/hotels/no-1-sallyport (no date)

But not more recently http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/289409/Hotel-boss-bust-it-s-all-her-Fawlty - apologies if link already posted.
    And, For Sale.

She certainly likes publicity but to be honest, I'm really uncomfortable with any armchair diagnosis of her health and personality from an edited TV competition. Not saying that from a high horse position at all, but like I said before, the whole programme left a nasty taste in my mouth and I don't think anyone who's potentially unwell and therefore vulnerable should be exploited for entertainment :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    LOL she charged someone £40 for eating pizza and drinking wine in their room :D
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

53 my a s s.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    It was indeed all going well at one stage
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/holidaytypeshub/article-597489/An-Inspector-Calls-Berwick-Tweed.html

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/england/northeast-england/berwick-upon-tweed/hotels/no-1-sallyport (no date)

But not more recently http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/289409/Hotel-boss-bust-it-s-all-her-Fawlty - apologies if link already posted.
    And, For Sale.

She certainly likes publicity but to be honest, I'm really uncomfortable with any armchair diagnosis of her health and personality from an edited TV competition. Not saying that from a high horse position at all, but like I said before, the whole programme left a nasty taste in my mouth and I don't think anyone who's potentially unwell and therefore vulnerable should be exploited for entertainment :(
    I noted that the sale of the B&B is dated 2009, so I assume there were no takers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    53 my a s s.

I agree I'd have said late 60s or early 70s. She's been a real looker and still is a good looking woman but that stoop would indicate a few years more. Although I suppose some people age better than others.
    I'd guess she's been a success earlier in her life both personally and in business and felt she could do very well here as her establishment had more lavish aspects to it. But her crass comments about being in a different league and others choices being naff set her up as having a huge superiority complex and being just plain rude. there is a line between being an awkward/eccentric/unpleasant character and having personality disorder/mental illness, I know but I don't think it's far to tumble towards needing help of some kind.
    Having just been on the receiving end of some very nasty behaviour from another woman whose comments to those of us supposed to be friends, have become increasingly vile over the last few years, I could very well imagine that she has progressed from being plain speaking (read rude) realistic (read offensive)honest (read sh*t-stirring) critical (read jealous) to the edge of a being a few butties short of a picnic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    53 my a s s.

Seems a bit naughty but it is on the net.......

Born 1960

https://www.duedil.com/director/918859752/elizabeth-margaret-middlemiss
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Seems a bit naughty but it is on the net.......

Born 1960

https://www.duedil.com/director/918859752/elizabeth-margaret-middlemiss

That makes her 55. But then it is from 2014. Must be all that positivity that surrounds her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Based on my experience staying there (5+ years ago) I agree with anyonefortennis - she thinks she's better than anyone else. If you fawn over her she'll be lovely to you, if you don't, she'll be horrid. It was obvious she thought we were beneath her when we chose not to eat in her restaurant, which after all was the best in Berwick.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow the chat about this woman goes on and on. :o She must be the most discussed 3/4iaB contestant ever. She almost deserves her own thread. :D
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That makes her 55. But then it is from 2014. Must be all that positivity that surrounds her.

It doesn't make her 55 if she wasn't born in the first 3 months of 1960. She may not have had her 55th birthday yet.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    She looked pissed as a fart to me
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Mr Middlemiss could tell a few stories about his former wife and will be asked lots of questions about her in his local this weekend.

Plenty to 'dine out' on.:)
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Mr Middlemiss could tell a few stories about his former wife and will be asked lots of questions about her in his local this weekend.

The poor guy who took part in the programme with her (not her husband, just a friend I think) looked exasperated by the end of the proceedings, especially at the announcement of the winning B&B and the presentation, when she was yawning etc.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only caught up last night. Not impressed by any of them this week, Lizzie's behaviour (bi-polar perhaps?) over shadowed a large amount of tit-for-tattery from the others which would put me off staying in any of the places.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this week's programme with a friend who'd never seen it before, nor Four in a Bed. She was convinced that Lizzie couldn't be real, that it must have been an actress playing a part as no-one could be that awful.

I did convince her that she was a real person running a real B&B, but I did see what she meant - we regular viewers have seen some very strange and often unpleasant folk over the years, but she was probably the strangest and nastiest.

We did think she had some real problems, though in the light of the comments on Tripadvisor maybe they were alcohol-related. I was amazed to find she's only 54 or thereabouts as she looks much older. Whatever has caused her problems hasn't done her appearance much good.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    A review & response re: house share on TA.

“Unpleasant Stay With Constant Hassle From Owner”
    Reviewed 4 February 2015
    Was staying at this below average accommodation and from the 1st day we had nothing but problems, I was told we could use the kitchen to cook food and then to my amusement when I started cooking the owner comes down the stairs from her part of the house with a glass of wine and an opened bottle of wine and started tearing into me saying you have stunk the house out with smell of the food you are cooking it is drafting through my door into my personal space, I just bit my tongue as I did not want to be thrown out As the company I work for had payed a big deposit on the room I was occupying. Also after the 3rd day I got a call from someone else who was staying at the same place as me in the room opposite that the owner was in my room moving all my personal belongings to another room in a different part of the house, I had very expensive belonging lying in the room which I thought would be safe as I had the room key with me then to my astonishment when I got back to the house I was amazed that the room I had been moved to without being told the door was lying open to the world with all my belonging on view for anyone to take. Also one last complaint before I go I was told that our bedrooms would be cleaned every Friday and the length of my stay I can only remember the room being cleaned once and that is because I had to ask for fresh bed sheets and towels I also had to ask for my bed sheets to be re sheeted after they were done as there was stains on the covers and pillows.

I would never return to this place it is over priced and the most unfriendly customer service from the owner

Stayed November 2014, travelled solo
    Value
    Cleanliness
    Service
    Was this review helpful?Yes188

Ask Harrysteele about 1 Sallyport
    This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

brickgreen, housekeeping at 1 Sallyport, responded to this review, 10 February 2015
    This is utter lies. As the housekeeper I find this very offensive. No one has ever had to ask for a room to be serviced. Under the house share scheme all rooms are cleaned weekly. You stayed with us from 02/10/14 - 30/10/14 through a house share scheme not Bed & Breakfast.. I have to stress that a house share is totally different to Bed & Breakfast by law we do not have to give you a key to lock your room, by law we have access to your room.

You stayed in October under a house share scheme and seems unfair that you are allowed to tell lies through tripadvisor.

Strange that your company re- booked as no one else in the town would let you stay!
    Report response as inappropriate
    This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC

BiB would put me right off a house share. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could write a book on this woman!

Nice sentiment here from Lizzie but if you thwart her you are spiteful. ;-)

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/all-news/ramparts-row-no-permission-1-3277821

Lots of stuff about her here. She's chasing publicity and celebs! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    We could write a book on this woman!

Nice sentiment here from Lizzie but if you thwart her you are spiteful. ;-)

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/all-news/ramparts-row-no-permission-1-3277821

Lots of stuff about her here. She's chasing publicity and celebs! :o

She is a gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    We live close to Berwick and hope that this smashing area will not be judged by the TV performance of this sad and silly woman. As many others have stated on this thread, she has an attitude problem of massive proportions. Difficult to know what her issues are - and wonder if whatever friends she has may have tried to point her in the direction of the help she clearly needs. She seems to be in total denial regarding her shortcomings as a B&B landlady - to the extent that on the most recent Trip Advisor pages, she has posted responses to any critical reports with:
    "brickgreen, Admin at 1 Sallyport, responded to this review
    You obviously watched "3 in a Bed".
    It would be very interesting to know the exact dates you claim to have stayed. please supply the date you stayed as I do not believe you are genuine...."
    This response is posted repeatedly to several of the most recent reports.
    In the local paper, The Berwick Advertiser, she declared that she would not be watching the program, as she had clearly been "stitched up" by the producers. I rather think that she has actually watched it by now. As someone said in an earlier post, she had 1 hour of free prime-time advertising - and she blew it, big time. Hard to feel sympathy for such a deluded woman - but I can feel pity for her.